• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Are Traditional Invites Obsolete? Adjusting to Digital and Phone Invitations

For a flyer like Kristi's, which has a lot of detail, I might spend around $20-25 on printing and mailing.
DebPC
Staff member
Most of my hosts in the last couple of months have passed on the invites. They are inviting thru email and phoning. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Not that I mind.

I can't remember the last time I used the postcard invitations. I use a flier invite in an envelope with the host's name and address as the return address.

Attachments

• 2008 Flyer Invitation.doc
    100.5 KB · Views: 223
    100.5 KB · Views: 228
    100.5 KB · Views: 224
I stopped using postcards a long time ago. I encourage phone calls and emails and provide a one page flyer like Colleen's for my hosts to mail or hand out themselves.

I use postcards all the time.

pamperedlinda said:
I use postcards all the time.

I do too. When I give them to the host most usually only uses them to hand out to those she sees as reminders.

I use the mini-catalogs and I encourage my hosts to hand deliver to people they see regularly. My show average has gone up to $750 since I started using them. Tons of outside orders. I use a label that has all the hosts info and show info, guest special and my website. I get a lot of online orders even if the host doesn't send out email invites.

I'll attach the label. I update it with the current month's special and then save it under that month. So if it has the July guest special and I will save it under July. Then I will change the guest special for August and then save it under August.

Michelle

Attachments

• labels - June.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 240
  • labels - June.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 217
  • labels - June.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 323
I also use the postcards but use these labels. Of course change it with each host!!

Attachments

• Labels for invitations1.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 207
    45.5 KB · Views: 200
    45.5 KB · Views: 204
I use the postcards and a lable similar to Kristi's.
I mail them for the host. I also use the PWS as well as email a flyer to the host that she can print out and distribute.

I use postcards and have yet to delve into the world of me doing them/mailing them for my hosts. I do like the idea of using the mini catalogs as an invite with a label. I know a consultant who does this, but sticks a postcard invite inside the mini catalog. She mails out the invites for hosts. Maybe I'll at least do labels for them on the mini catalogs. I need to place a supply order, so maybe I'll get some more mini catalogs, although I have a couple packets to use up. I do like this idea to increase the chance of more outside orders, so I may have to do that.

I have to say that I haven't strayed from the host sending out their own postcards because in MOST cases they are responsive to my host coaching and tend to invite lots of people and get them to the show. I am closing out a $1300 show tonight so I can't complain! :)

Those flyers are really cool--but gosh how much does it cost you to print them? Or do you just email them?

Nancy

dannyzmom said:
I use the postcards and a lable similar to Kristi's.
I mail them for the host. I also use the PWS as well as email a flyer to the host that she can print out and distribute.

I do the same. Will try to send my sample label sometime this weekend. Occassionally I will do a flyer if there is a fun theme show requested. My host with the PJ brunch party was $1000...but so was the one the night before that we used postcards for. AND...we had 6 inches of snow fall DURING the one party and during the PJ party it was snow turning into sleet turning in to freezing rain. Kind of throws the bad weather stat out!! I just think it melted down to the excitement and enthusiasm of the host.

Nanisu said:
Those flyers are really cool--but gosh how much does it cost you to print them? Or do you just email them?

Nancy

Personally, I email th flyer to the host and she can print them out.

Related to Are Traditional Invites Obsolete? Adjusting to Digital and Phone Invitations

1. Are traditional paper invitations still necessary for events?

While paper invitations have been a staple for many years, they are not considered necessary in today's digital age. With the rise of technology and social media, digital and phone invitations have become the new norm.

2. What are the benefits of using digital or phone invitations?

There are many benefits to using digital or phone invitations. They are more cost-effective, eco-friendly, and can reach a larger audience in a shorter amount of time. They also allow for easy RSVP tracking and can include interactive features like maps and event details.

3. How can I ensure that my digital invitations are not marked as spam?

To prevent your digital invitations from being marked as spam, make sure to use a reputable email or invitation platform. Personalize the invitation with the recipient's name and keep the subject line clear and concise. Avoid using too many images or links, and provide an option for recipients to unsubscribe.

4. Are there any etiquette rules for sending digital or phone invitations?

While there are no hard and fast rules for digital or phone invitations, it is still important to consider etiquette. Make sure to include all necessary event details, such as date, time, location, and dress code. Avoid using abbreviations and make sure to proofread for any errors. It is also considerate to follow up with a reminder closer to the event date.

5. Can I still use traditional paper invitations for a more formal event?

Yes, traditional paper invitations can still be used for more formal events, such as weddings or black-tie events. This can add a touch of elegance and formality to the event. However, it is still important to keep in mind the convenience and cost-effectiveness of digital and phone invitations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef