• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the New Appetizer Plates/Stand worth the hype?

In summary, a few of the appetizer plates that were included with the SAT box had imperfections in the glazing.
astavnes
I just got my SAT box and I was so excited about the appetizer plates...but when I opened them several seem to have imperfections in the glazing. A couple are rough like little air bubbles surfaced when they were glazed and they have small defects in the plate. Has anyone else noticed this in theirs or did I just get a bad box? I am definitely going to contact HO.

I haven't got mine yet but I hope not!

I noticed that in my director's set that she had last night. It almost looks like there was dust on them when they were glazed. We wondered if they were supposed to have some sort of sparkle effect to them.

I don't know...they do look like they have a little sparkle, but at least 3 seem to have defects. I have emailed HO and I will let you know what they say.

I noticed the same thing in the set my director received. I actually decided I would probably not want a set after seeing them. I thought maybe I was being too picky.

That makes me not want to get them or encourage customers to get them:(

That is my favorite new product - don't say that!

This will be the hot new product - at least for hosts. I already have people drooling to get a set. Mine are not exactly alike but remember they are "hand painted". I would prefer a more even color but they really do look good and the concept is wonderful! People are going to love them.

I am taking them to my August shows with a note in the top saying "available September 1". I NEVER take items not available yet but I am telling my hosts they don't need to get paper plates and what I'm bringing. They can't wait and they don't seem to care that they can't buy them either. Bookings will come if you show these!

My customers that have seen the new fall catalog all want these. Beth I had already thought about using them at shows too for food. I plan on leaving mine out on my counter all the time for snacks, they are so pretty!

These are probably the only thing I am going to order off samples. I am so excited about them!! and have people wanting to see them already.

I think they need 2 more "arms" to keep the plates from slipping out.

jrstephens said:
These are probably the only thing I am going to order off samples. I am so excited about them!! and have people wanting to see them already.

Me too!!! I think they are going to look so cute sitting on my kitchen island:)

Evelynt said:
I think they need 2 more "arms" to keep the plates from slipping out.

Hmmm, that's interesting - because I was thinking how tightly they fit in there......I wonder if there are some variations in the caddy size? or the plate size?

I can't wait to get mine, either!! I just keep thinking that maybe this will be the November Host special...!! At least, I sure hope so!!

And I also agree about using them at shows...how cool will that be, and the hostesses won't have to provide plates? Awesome!!

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
I can't wait to get mine, either!! I just keep thinking that maybe this will be the November Host special...!! At least, I sure hope so!!

I hope, I hope! I loved when Deb Lily tied them up with a cranberry ribbon/bow and inserted the spreaders on top. I WILL be displaying that for holiday open houses!

I just placed my order for them. Got jsut them and the Sprinkles package.

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, that's interesting - because I was thinking how tightly they fit in there......I wonder if there are some variations in the caddy size? or the plate size?

There is variation in the plate size! Put the plates in the stand because once I did I noticed that some plates are VERY snug, almost to the point of not fitting while others are considerably smaller and never touch the stand at all.
I am emailing HO but I prefer the smaller size, the other seems to barely fit.

Although I will not be receiving the plates/caddy without ordering them, I am wondering if those that received them free were plates that did not pass quality control. Just a thought.

minersmix said:
Although I will not be receiving the plates/caddy without ordering them, I am wondering if those that received them free were plates that did not pass quality control. Just a thought.

Mine are fine, but thats not a bad idea....;)

minersmix said:

No - I don't think that would be true - anytime anything has arrived first to consultants and been poor quality - PC has replaced it. I'm thinking of the Round Woven pieces ~ and the julienne peeler that we didn't get until 4 months after we were supposed to, and the bamboo cheese board.......

They definitely want our samples to be right! If yours are too tight or have a bad finish call HO!! They will replace them.

I, too, keep them on my counter for use on a daily basis. I can see dh complaining when they aren't there when I take them to shows -lol.

You can fit 14 plates in the stand - I have them stacked 2 white, 1 cranberry, 2 white... ending with 2 white and they look so pretty that way. The 2 extra plates are in the cupboard.

I predict that they will be the host special in December (I think November will be the new oval platter and the new carving set).

BethCooks4U said:
They definitely want our samples to be right! If yours are too tight or have a bad finish call HO!! They will replace them.

I, too, keep them on my counter for use on a daily basis. I can see dh complaining when they aren't there when I take them to shows -lol.

You can fit 14 plates in the stand - I have them stacked 2 white, 1 cranberry, 2 white... ending with 2 white and they look so pretty that way. The 2 extra plates are in the cupboard.

I predict that they will be the host special in December (I think November will be the new oval platter and the new carving set).

OMG!!!!! I just got my July SAT....the oval platter is simply GORGEOUS!!!!! I cannot wait to get to my shows this month with all these beautiful products....:cool: :D :cool:

I got them and this is absolutely my FAVORITE product!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:

My director's set had 3 plates that didn't even fit into the caddy!! She has to return them (obviously), and from what I've seen on this thread, it sounds like there were some imperfections with a bunch of them out there. I would definitely report any problems you have with these, esp. since they are probably going to be very popular in the fall. We don't want disappointed hosts/customers!! I'd rather they figure it out now from the samples we get than waiting until Nov. when everyone starts buying them for the holidays! YIKES!

Becky, did you have trouble with your bamboo cheese board? I certainly have.

I love my mine and have a feeling they are going to be a Nov or Dec Host special. Just in time for the holidays!!!!

Love Your New Avatar!~!
BethCooks4U said:
This will be the hot new product - at least for hosts. I already have people drooling to get a set. Mine are not exactly alike but remember they are "hand painted". I would prefer a more even color but they really do look good and the concept is wonderful! People are going to love them.

I am taking them to my August shows with a note in the top saying "available September 1". I NEVER take items not available yet but I am telling my hosts they don't need to get paper plates and what I'm bringing. They can't wait and they don't seem to care that they can't buy them either. Bookings will come if you show these!

YOUR AVATAR IS SOOOO CUTE.; BTW: I signed my first recruit last night!!

Liz

astavnes said:
I just got my SAT box and I was so excited about the appetizer plates...but when I opened them several seem to have imperfections in the glazing. A couple are rough like little air bubbles surfaced when they were glazed and they have small defects in the plate. Has anyone else noticed this in theirs or did I just get a bad box? I am definitely going to contact HO.

I noticed the same thing. Every white plate had something on it (not smooth and perfect).

AHHH!!!
This is killin' me!
I am in Istanbul - left 2 days after Conference to visit family - and my boxes (Change over, and SAT $3000 level) was taken in by a neighbor!! I CAN"T WAIT TO GET THERE AND PLAY with it all!!!

It's killin' me!
My boxes don't get past the foyer before they are all opened and played with!

Update~
The solution center just emailed me and said that they have shipped new plates for my caddy. I am so glad because I really wanted to show this product off at all of my shows and hopefully get tons of orders for them. Now I won't have to hide the defective plates on the bottom:)

chefjwr said:
Becky, did you have trouble with your bamboo cheese board? I certainly have.

Julie - there was a whole lot of bamboo boards with wells that weren't the right size. If yours is like that - call and get a replacement!

Thanks Becky

ChefBeckyD said:
Julie - there was a whole lot of bamboo boards with wells that weren't the right size. If yours is like that - call and get a replacement!

Is it so that the 2 petite squares don't fit exatly, one kinda sits up a little? I saw the new cranberry ones at conference and thought maybe they made the ranberry ones a tad smaller! I got my board bak when it first came out! I may have even gotten it as a hostess 60% off item when my hostess didn't want to get it!:rolleyes: shhhh ah, well, guess I'll have to live with it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I had the same trouble! My petite squares didn't fit right... the third one sat up some...not all the way in...So I sent it back...got the second one, and same problem! So I just said 'forget it!" and kept it...although I'd love for it to fit right, I've not used it, and don't think I will much anyway...
Oh well...I hope I don't have the same problems with the appetizer plates/caddy!!

The New Appetizer Plates/Stand was the first item I saw that I knew I had to have right away. I hope mine area alright when I finally get my package.

1. Are the New Appetizer Plates/Stand worth the hype?

The New Appetizer Plates/Stand have received a lot of positive feedback from customers. They are versatile, stylish, and convenient for serving appetizers and snacks. Many customers have found them to be a valuable addition to their kitchenware collection.

2. I just got my SAT box and I was so excited about the appetizer plates...but when I opened them several seem to have imperfections in the glazing.

We apologize for any imperfections in the glazing of your appetizer plates. Our team takes great care in ensuring the quality of our products, but occasionally some may slip through the cracks. Please contact our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you with a replacement or refund.

3. A couple are rough like little air bubbles surfaced when they were glazed and they have small defects in the plate.

We are sorry to hear about the roughness and defects on your appetizer plates. This could be a result of the glazing process and we would be happy to replace them for you. Please reach out to our customer service team and they will take care of it for you.

4. Has anyone else noticed this in theirs or did I just get a bad box?

We have not received any other reports of imperfections in the glazing of the appetizer plates. However, if you have noticed this issue in your set, please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with a replacement or refund.

5. I am definitely going to contact HO.

We appreciate your feedback and concerns. Please contact our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you with any issues you may have with your appetizer plates. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will do our best to resolve any issues you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Eaglenewsteach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Jessamary
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessamary
Replies