• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Merrill's Host Packet Envelopes Worth the Investment?

In summary, the Merrill Lead Box is a good option for upcoming booths, but Host Packet Envelopes from the company are also good options and do not require reinforcement of the seal.
hoosierchef
Hello. I was just on the Merrill Website planning to purchase the Lead Box for upcoming booths and came across their Host Packet Envelopes.

Does anyone use these? They don't look too bad and the cost breakdown ends up being 18 cents each. (You have to order a min. of 50).

Just wondering.......TIA!

I think it sounds great, I paid about 4 dollars for 20 plain white envelopes the same size. I may be purchasing these, they are neat!!

I have them, and I think they look nice. A little more special than plain old white envelopes. I only use them for handing out host packets (not for mailing), and I think it was worthwhile, especially if you are already ordering something else.

I've used them since last year and I love them. I even mail them to the hosts, and I booked a show witb a lady in the post office who saw them and struck up a conversation with me! I mail a lot of my host packets priority and the P.O. just gave me priority stickers to put on them. They are quite sturdy and look great!

pckelly said:
I think it sounds great, I paid about 4 dollars for 20 plain white envelopes the same size. I may be purchasing these, they are neat!!

Kelly. That's what I was thinking, that it would be just as cost effective as buying other envelopes from local supply stores, then having to dress them up.

I don't really see why you couldn't use them to mail out either. The info is all listed on the left side of the envelope.

I have to mail most of my host packets - The Merrill envelopes are pretty but not made for mailing according to the Merrill Customer Service

Ohhh! I do like those!

jenniferknapp said:
Ohhh! I do like those!

LOL....Now I'm feeling like an enabler! :p

I absolutely love these envelopes. Well worth the cost. They are very professional looking. HTH!

I love them and have never had trouble mailing them! I actually DON'T like them for handing out at shows, though, because I like to be able to flip through the packet really quick with the host when I give it to her. If these envelopes aren't sealed, they get crunched and rumpled at the top really easily.

Of course, now I've started putting my host packets into folders... which slide really nicely into the envelope. :D

I mail in these all the time! I love that you can personalize the front with date, time, and specials. I do reinforce the seal with tape, but other than thatI use them as they are. I think they look so much more professional than the brown envelopes.

Yes, you definitely have to reinforce the seal. I wouldn't trust it to go through the mail like it is, especially with all the bulkiness of a host packet!

I just use the USPS Priority Flat Rate envelopes and save on buying them myself.

I have them and they are nice. I don't use them because I use the $4.05 flat-rate stamp. Could I put that stamp on the white envelope? My packets seem to be pretty heavy with catalogs. Thanks.

beepampered said:
I have them and they are nice. I don't use them because I use the $4.05 flat-rate stamp. Could I put that stamp on the white envelope? My packets seem to be pretty heavy with catalogs. Thanks.

You'd probably want to take one to the post office and have them weigh it to see if that would cover it. I know the Merril envelopes won't fit in the flat-rate ones.

I used to just use the USPS flat-rate envelopes, but then I saw one after the host had opened it and pulled everything out and used it... it just looked like another junky envelope. I want my host packets to look unique, so that hosts will remember that they have them. That's why I've started putting things in folders.

I thought about using them for recruit info packs since they are so nice looking.
I use the priority flat rate stamps with the envelopes they come with too.

I used these both for host packets and recurit packets.... I think their veyr professional looking however.. when I am at shows I do not have host packets or recurit packets with me..... I set up a time that I canbring that informaiton to them, which alows me to have sometime to sit down one on one with that person and go over things rather than rushing through it at a show. But that is jsut me!

I just bought the Office Depot Business card envelopes and I love them. In the left side there's a little window to put you Biz card and since I use the Merril BC it still has a PC picture. They are great and look really nice.

The host envelopes from Merrill are not postal approved, because of the additional information on the front. It can confuse the automatic sorters that the PO uses, and then be delayed.

morning everyone!
could someone pls post a direct link to merrill for me. i am in canada and we cant get there through our cc
thanks
heather

chefann said:
The host envelopes from Merrill are not postal approved, because of the additional information on the front. It can confuse the automatic sorters that the PO uses, and then be delayed.
My PO is very fussy about their "rules" and they have never said one word about those envelopes. My hosts have always gotten them in the expected time frame.

thanks tammi

they wont let me in :(
i have to go thru cc
oh well

Last edited:
I like the folders, too, especially the more sturdy "plasticky" ones. I just put a PC sticker on it to look more professional.

Could someone post a picture? Since I'm in Canada, I can't order them, but I'm trying to find some host envelope type things...even if I have to make them!!

Here ya go Winnipegk.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/hoosierxheart/HostPacketEnvelope.jpg

Oh cute! THank you so much!

Related to Are Merrill's Host Packet Envelopes Worth the Investment?

What are Merrill Host Packet Envelopes?

Merrill Host Packet Envelopes are specially designed envelopes for hosting Pampered Chef parties. They contain all the necessary materials for hosting a successful party, including invitations, catalogs, order forms, and more.

How do I order Merrill Host Packet Envelopes?

Merrill Host Packet Envelopes can be ordered through your Pampered Chef consultant. Simply let them know you would like to host a party and they will provide you with the necessary materials, including the envelope.

What is the benefit of using Merrill Host Packet Envelopes?

Merrill Host Packet Envelopes make hosting a Pampered Chef party easier and more organized. They have all the materials you need in one convenient envelope, saving you time and effort in gathering everything yourself.

What should I do if I need more Merrill Host Packet Envelopes?

If you need additional Merrill Host Packet Envelopes, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will be happy to provide you with more. You can also request them through the Pampered Chef website.

Can I customize my Merrill Host Packet Envelope?

Unfortunately, Merrill Host Packet Envelopes cannot be customized. They are pre-made with all the necessary materials for hosting a party. However, you can add your own personal touch by including handwritten notes or decorations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • chefpelkey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ShelbyMichalek