• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Cherry Crisp in Dcb Help

In summary, to make Apple Cherry Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker, you will need sliced apples, pitted and halved cherries, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, rolled oats, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, chopped pecans, melted butter, and lemon juice. You can use any combination of fruits in this recipe, such as peaches, blueberries, or raspberries. Preheating the oven is not necessary when using the Deep Covered Baker, and the crisp will take about 40-45 minutes to bake. It can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator before baking.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
I read the directions- I am making it for a show saturday.

Can I use the apple peeler corer slicer? instead of the wedger & knife??

If so does it affect the time?

I would make it first and see what works for you. I always adjust. :) I think I used the vegetable peeler and then the apple wedger. I know I could only find smaller cans of pie filling, so I bought 2, but I only ended up using one. :) Yum ... your guests will love it - mine did at Thanksgiving. ;)

I would not use the apple peeler corer slicer because the apples would be too thin & mushy. I would stick with the apple wedger & knife (higher price item):D

I used the APCS and it worked great..I didn't really adjust the time any..and they did not turn out mushy..

HOWEVER..Colleen is right about using the higher priced items.

I don't have the apple wedger, so I peeled with a vegetable peeler and had a guest try the serrated peeler. Then I used the pineapple wedger to core and slice the apples in half, and used a knife to cut them into smaller wedges.

I have used the APCS and loved it. I just greatly reduced the cooking time. And once in a pinch, I had to use the P/A wedger! It worked!

letscook04 said:
I would stick with the apple wedger & knife (higher price item):D

Actually-
If I did it w/ the APCS, I show that item and then still the knives, because you have to cut the apples in 1/2 so it really would not be less product

apcs, knives vs knives, wedger, peeler

Related to Apple Cherry Crisp in Dcb Help

What ingredients do I need to make Apple Cherry Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker?

To make Apple Cherry Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker, you will need:

• 6 cups of sliced apples
  • 1 cup of pitted and halved cherries
  • 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup of chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Can I use a different type of fruit in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any combination of fruits that you like in this recipe. Some popular alternatives include peaches, blueberries, and raspberries. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and lemon juice measurements accordingly.

Do I need to preheat my oven before baking the Apple Cherry Crisp?

No, the beauty of using the Deep Covered Baker is that it does not require preheating. Simply place the baker in a cold oven and set the temperature to the recommended 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

How long does it take to bake the Apple Cherry Crisp?

The Apple Cherry Crisp will take about 40-45 minutes to bake in the Deep Covered Baker. You will know it is ready when the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Apple Cherry Crisp in the Deep Covered Baker up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, simply let it come to room temperature before placing it in the oven. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefa
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • gilchrist_pchef