• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Use H&R Block to Do Their Taxes?

In summary, the PC Consultants get a discount from H&R Block. The discount is 7%. The cost to have taxes done was $325 this year. The cost to have taxes done next year will be a write-off.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I know we as PC Consultants get a discount, do you know what it is? Also, how much did you pay to get your taxes done?? THANKS!!

sorry i am no help. i used turbo tax.

I copied this from an email from Barb...I just forwarded it to you...we used H&R Block the past 2 years & it was over $300 each year!

Call me when you get a free minute...at home

Did you know........????PAMPERED PERKS—Don’t Miss Out!!!

Have you checked out the list of PAMPERED PERKS available to ALL consultants?? WOW—don’t miss out on the great deals and discounts. For complete information, go to Consultants Corner>Managing Your Business>Pampered Perks—

Just one more reason to LOVE what we do!!!

Sprint: 17% Discount—just call and set up new account or get applied to already existing customers.

Dell: 7% member discount—wow!

H&R Block: $25 coupon off tax service

Office Max: Special discounts on Common office items—you get a special card to use each time you check out!

Office Depot: Average 10% off orders (online included)—no shipping on any orders. GREAT printing prices.

Principle Financial Group: Save for your retirement, a child’s education or an important purchase through this special investment program.

PRO Insurance: Health insurance programs especially endorsed by the Direct Selling Association

Visit Consultant’s Corner>Managing Your Business > Pampered Perks

I always do mine with H&R Block online every year. I pay $80 but get unlimited questions asked (email or phone), they review and sign it so I get audit protection. Big deal for me because I think I'm pretty intelligent and ask lots of questions, but always scared I missed something. BUT this year I was able to get the same service for only $52!!! Totally worth it! I love PC!

I didn't have a good experience, but that was largely due to the rep I had. She clearly didn't take DS businesses seriously, and was inclined to assume any deduction was questionable. I went with a private reputable accountant. It was worth EVERY penny.

Trust your gut. If you feel your business is being treated with respect, good; if not, run.

I did mine online and I wasn't able to use the coupon online like it said you could but I did get a discount and it was the cheapest filing fee we have ever paid so we were both happy and it only took me an hour to do them myself with the online forms and I was able to e-file and I should have it back this week.

I went in to H&R block and it was $325 WITH OUR COUPON, YIKES!! I got a huge return, but we have some friends that are CPA'S and they said it would have been about $175 with them. I know where I will be going next year.....

mscharf said:
I went in to H&R block and it was $325 WITH OUR COUPON, YIKES!! I got a huge return, but we have some friends that are CPA'S and they said it would have been about $175 with them. I know where I will be going next year.....

Good grief! I don't think I like the sound of this. I usually go to H&R Block but this is my first time filing TPC income.

ChefJWarren said:
I always do mine with H&R Block online every year. I pay $80 but get unlimited questions asked (email or phone), they review and sign it so I get audit protection. Big deal for me because I think I'm pretty intelligent and ask lots of questions, but always scared I missed something. BUT this year I was able to get the same service for only $52!!! Totally worth it! I love PC!

So you used the coupon TPC offered for this service, right? I will definitely do this instead of going in their office.

Remember the amount that you pay to have your taxes done this year will be a write-off next year. So, in the end, it is far better to go where your finances are respected and things are done honestly rather than where they are the cheapest.This was my first year filing joint and filing the biz. We paid our indy tax guy just under $300 but we are getting a huge return. I have been with the tax guy since I was in Jr. High and his expertise is priceless.

crap! LOL I should pay more attention, I used H&R block and didn't use the coupon!!!! GRRRR! LOL!

I always do mine online myself. Its very easy and it walks you through everything. Plus with the Premium service, THEY REVIEW AND SIGN IT. But I understand that some people feel more comfortable having a professional do it for them. Do what works best for you.

If you're military, you can use Tax Cut (H & R Block's program) for free through Military One Source (Military OneSource).

I didn't know about the coupon. I wonder if I can go back in and have them refund me the $25. We wound up paying HR Block $450 to do our taxes!!!! I could have used that $25 coupon and we didn't get any military discount either (hubby is military).

Turbo tax is like $30. E-file and it gets me EVERY deduction known to man....LOL Return in 8-14 days. We should get ours on Feb. 20th

Debbie :D

We use Turbo Tax and all we pay for each yr is the actual program update and going through our bank saves us any other fees.

mscharf said:

My husband and I always do our taxes with H&R block. It usually costs us around $180 - and that's without a coupon! Does your location play a role in the price they charge???

nikked said:
If you're military, you can use Tax Cut (H & R Block's program) for free through Military One Source (Military OneSource).

I didn't know this- thanks. I do my taxes throught taxslayer.com Federal filing is free for military and its reduced I think for state.

Last yr. we paid $400+ to have ours done at HRB too. Our location said they charge a certain amount per form/page. I think the cost has gotten a little out of hand, but like that they offer the extra buyer protection for $25. 2 yrs. ago a rep caught an error the rep made the year before. She fixed it and HRB paid all penalties b/c of the protection BUT WHAT WE DIDN'T KNOW WAS WE HAD TO CLAIM THE FEE'S THEY PAID AS INCOME THE FOLLOWING YEAR!!! We were very upset about that. We might have to try the on-line version this year. Thanks for sharing it Jessica!

jross93 said:
My husband and I always do our taxes with H&R block. It usually costs us around $180 - and that's without a coupon! Does your location play a role in the price they charge???

I am not sure if location has anything to do with it, but we have a lot of "stuff", house, student loan, a few different savings plans, PC, several charities, it goes on and on. I think that is what they base it on. :(

all I can say is WOW about some of the charges that we people have to pay to have our taxes filed.

My hubby used H&R block before we were married. Wow I was shocked at the prices he paid. He only had 1 W-2 and they charge him 200 plus each year. We go to an accountant and she is great. She only charges $150 for our complicated return (lots of deductions etc...) and when we had a baby in 2006 she gave us a $25 discount. We had a baby last year, so I'm wondering if she will give us that gift again:thumbup:.

By the way she is located in Phoenix if anyone is looking for a great accountant.

Last year when I went into the H&R Block office, they wanted $135 and I was only getting $350 back. I declined to have them process it and did it online for $14.95. I did the same this year. I had two W-2s and 1099-G from Unemployment, and PC 1099. My DD & SIL take theirs to an accountant so she knows what all the take. I should have my $208 on the 17th. I would never pay over $100 to do my taxes. I did enough of that when I was dumb enough to file Rapid Refund for years and years and paid way too much out!

I also have used H&R Block the last two years (prior to that I did it myself, but then we had part time residency, and then other deductions, etc that I was unsure of). Last year, they charged us some where between $305 and $350.

I talked with my husband last night and we are going into the H&R Block office and doing our taxes because I have use the same person for 10 years and he is a Master Tax Preparer. He is about the best you can get and he is extremely knowledgable. Whatever we get charged will be worth it....minus the $25 coupon, of course!

mscharf said:
I am not sure if location has anything to do with it, but we have a lot of "stuff", house, student loan, a few different savings plans, PC, several charities, it goes on and on. I think that is what they base it on. :(

Us, too. There is no way I could keep up-to-date on tax laws and what is deductible, etc. with all our "stuff." My husband is also in school right now, on top of everything else.

1. How much does it cost to use H&R Block for tax preparation?

H&R Block offers a variety of tax preparation services, with prices ranging from $69.99 for a basic federal tax return to $149.99 for a self-employed tax return. Additional fees may apply for state returns and additional forms.

2. Can I file my taxes online with H&R Block?

Yes, H&R Block offers online tax preparation and filing services. They also have a mobile app for easy filing on-the-go.

3. Does H&R Block offer any guarantees or support if I have questions?

H&R Block offers a maximum refund guarantee and an accuracy guarantee for their tax preparation services. They also have support options available, including live chat, phone support, and in-person assistance at their physical locations.

4. How long does it take to get my tax refund when using H&R Block?

The timing of your tax refund can vary depending on factors such as the method of filing, the complexity of your return, and any delays from the IRS. Typically, if you e-file and choose direct deposit, you can expect to receive your refund within 21 days.

5. Can I use H&R Block if I have a small business?

Yes, H&R Block offers tax preparation services for small businesses, including sole proprietors, partnerships, and LLCs. They also offer bookkeeping and payroll services for small businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • E R
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • gilliandanielle