• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Lactose And/Or Glucose Intolerant?

In summary, the author needs help creating a recipe for a Gluten and Lactose intolerant person. They are worried that the 30 minute Chicken special will be too short and does not want to disappoint the guest. They suggest roasted veggies, mandarin pasta salad, and apple berry salsa as possible dishes.
Brandi2007
I need help! i have a November host that is both lactose and glucose intolerant. I am planning the show virtually around her because she has not been able to eat at the past two shows of mine that she has been to. What can i make for a recipe? I would like to do the 30 minute chicken even though the host special will be over but I just don't feel like that is enough. Any suggestions? She tells me she can basically eat fruit, vegetables, rice and meat.....

My youngest son is lactose intolerant, so I normally just adjust the recipe to accomodate him. (less cheese, use some lactose free or soy milk instead of the real stuff, etc) But I'm afraid I'm not much help since I don't have any experience with glucose intolerance. Sorry!

Could you roast some veggies in the bar pan while the chicken is cooking to show an easy meal idea???

probably could... is there a simple recipe? I wasn't a very good cook until I discovered PC so any suggestions are great

pamperedgirl3 said:
Could you roast some veggies in the bar pan while the chicken is cooking to show an easy meal idea???

That's a good idea.. you could slice up some zucchini with the Mandolin... chop up some onions and carrots with the knives... and perhaps use some of the PC seasonings tossing that and the veggies with some oil... roast in the oven.... mmmmm... find out what veggies she loves... potatoes... squashes... carrots... you may need to microwave some of the harder ones so they don't take forever to roast in the oven... it could be served with the chicken over some rice. Great, easy meal idea... ooh... you could use the rice cooker for that!

Brandi2007 said:
probably could... is there a simple recipe? I wasn't a very good cook until I discovered PC so any suggestions are great

Me either! If you have the stoneware cookbook, they have a page on how long to roast different vegetables. I usually cut a bunch of different veggies up (potatoes, carrots, onions, zucchini, asparagus, etc.), drizzle with olive oil & sprinkle whatever seasoning I'm in the mood for. I can't remember what I bake it at though--that's what I use the book for! But I believe it's usually around 30 minutes, which would be great with the chicken.

Thank you all! These are some great ideas! I will be talking with her this evening and see what she thinks.

You could do the Chicken or Pork Fajitas (in the SB cookbook) and do the Salsa recipe that is in the catalog.....yummy!

If you want a dessert, how about the Apple Berry Salsa? You could serve it like a sundae sauce over soy ice cream or frozen yogurt (yogurt doesn't have the lactose that milk does), or with cinnamon chips.

What about the salsa that is shown in the catalog. It's really good and you can show lots of product with it. (Salad spinner, SA, garlic press, forged cultlery, etc).

Brandi2007 said:
I need help! i have a November host that is both lactose and glucose intolerant. I am planning the show virtually around her because she has not been able to eat at the past two shows of mine that she has been to. What can i make for a recipe? I would like to do the 30 minute chicken even though the host special will be over but I just don't feel like that is enough. Any suggestions? She tells me she can basically eat fruit, vegetables, rice and meat.....

I love the jullienne veggies (you'll find them in the Casual Cooking book with the salmon). I use our oil. Usually adds between $10-19 dollars per order. It's quick and easy, fancy & delicious!

The mandarin pasta salad is great.

Is she "glucose" intolerant or "gluten" intolerant?? There is a big difference!! (I didn't know you could be glucose intolerant.)

peichef said:
Is she "glucose" intolerant or "gluten" intolerant?? There is a big difference!! (I didn't know you could be glucose intolerant.)
Thank you - I was questioning that myself.....even googled glucose intolerence......ETA - BTW, glucose intolerence is considered by many to be pre-diabetic.......so possibly, Splenda, or another sugar substitute would work for some type of dessert?

ChefBeckyD said:
Thank you - I was questioning that myself.....even googled glucose intolerence......

ETA - BTW, glucose intolerence is considered by many to be pre-diabetic.......so possibly, Splenda, or another sugar substitute would work for some type of dessert?

Probably Gluten! I have no idea! She keeps saying don't worry I just won't eat but I refuse to let that happen! I made a promise, the booking incentive I used was... "would you like to invite some of your friends over to enjoy something that you can all eat?" I love the madarin pasta idea! I will definitely run the ingredients for that one by her! I don't know why I never thought of it before! I have made it at a couple shows already and it is a hit! She really isn't interested in the "meal" with veggies and that sort so the salad will be great! Plus I can still do the 30 minute chicken and use that in the salad! THANK YOU!:love:

My family has been eating without dairy (casein) and gluten (wheat) due to my son's allergies. It's not fun and I'm sure your friend is worried about you going to so much trouble. It's such a life-changing experience and she probably doesn't want to be a burden.

Anyway, it all depends on the severity of your friend's lactose intolerance. I mean, is she allergic to dairy or just the lactose or is it possibly the casein (the milk proteins, which bother many people). Many people confuse these three, so it's very important to find out. We found ourselves having to eat mostly all meat and veggies, however, we bought some great bread/cake/cookies mixes which were gluten and casein free and they worked well. A Natural Foods place became our best friend because they offer a ton of mixes that can still work well (even with PC recipes). We had the 3-cheese pizza using gluten-free pizza crust and I used the soy-cheese. <GAG>

Also, soy ice cream usually does have casein in it. Even Rice Dream products sometimes have dairy in them. Even "non-dairy" creamer DOES have dairy in it. And many spices have gluten in them. It's almost necessary to eat straight out of the garden. It was absolutely miserable when we started eating this way. Below is a list that we were given when we had to go off dairy. If you see these items in the ingredients list, then the item most likely has some form of dairy in it. I may have a list of wheat derivatives somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Dairy Derivatives:
Ammonium caseinate
Artificial butter flavor
Butter
Butter fat
Butter solids
Buttermilk solids
Calcium caseinate
Caramel color *call manufacturer
Caramel flavoring *call manufacturer
Casein
Caseinate
Cheese
Cream Curds
"De-lactosed" whey
Demineralized whey
Dried milk
Dry milk solids
Flavoring *call manufacturer
Fully cream milk powder
Galactose
High protein flour *call manufacturer
Hydrolyzed casein
Hydrolyzed milk protein
Lactalbumin
Lactalbumin phosphate
Lactate
Lactoferrin (Activin system)
Lactoglobulin
Lactose
Magnesium caseinate
Milk
Milk derivative
Milk fat
Milk protein
Milk solids
Natural flavoring *call manufacturer
Naturlose (sweetener derived from whey)
Opta (fat replacer)
Potassium caseinate
Recaldent
Rennet casein
Simplesse (fat replacer)
Skim milk powder
Sodium caseinate
Solids
Sour cream (or solids)
Sour milk solids
Tagatose (sweetener derived from whey)
Whey
Whey powder
Whey protein concentrate
Xanthan gum (may be processed with dairy - call manufacturer to find
out)
Yogurt

I am lactose intolerant, and I usually drink Lactaid milk-the closest thing that tastes like real milk. Soy milk is too sweet for me.
I cannot eat sour cream so I make the avocado salsa (my family loves) and just forgo the topping. I think its Breyers that make a lactose free ice cream-VERY good. But I have found that I can eat cheese, cottage cheese, and yogarts.
I would suggest the chicken in the baker, or a pork tenderloin- as these feed a lot of people and are a big hit(not to mention the sales would be nice) and if you are trying to sell more cookware for PAR points, you could find an altering pineapple upside cake recipe(or maybe not) but something in the cookware would be good.
hth-

If she can't eat gluten you can't do a pasta dish:( (or a pineapple upside down cake).
Stick to meat & /or veggies and you'l'l be fine.
Do our seasoning mixes have gluten???

You definitely need to make sure you check any spice mixes you use for gluten - it can be in the weirdest stuff.
My neice has celiac disease (gluten intolerance) and we have to check everything she eats.

Last edited:
:love:
LibrarianChef said:
My family has been eating without dairy (casein) and gluten (wheat) due to my son's allergies. It's not fun and I'm sure your friend is worried about you going to so much trouble. It's such a life-changing experience and she probably doesn't want to be a burden.

Anyway, it all depends on the severity of your friend's lactose intolerance. I mean, is she allergic to dairy or just the lactose or is it possibly the casein (the milk proteins, which bother many people). Many people confuse these three, so it's very important to find out. We found ourselves having to eat mostly all meat and veggies, however, we bought some great bread/cake/cookies mixes which were gluten and casein free and they worked well. A Natural Foods place became our best friend because they offer a ton of mixes that can still work well (even with PC recipes). We had the 3-cheese pizza using gluten-free pizza crust and I used the soy-cheese. <GAG>

Also, soy ice cream usually does have casein in it. Even Rice Dream products sometimes have dairy in them. Even "non-dairy" creamer DOES have dairy in it. And many spices have gluten in them. It's almost necessary to eat straight out of the garden. It was absolutely miserable when we started eating this way. Below is a list that we were given when we had to go off dairy. If you see these items in the ingredients list, then the item most likely has some form of dairy in it. I may have a list of wheat derivatives somewhere, but I can't find it right now.

Dairy Derivatives:
Ammonium caseinate
Artificial butter flavor
Butter
Butter fat
Butter solids
Buttermilk solids
Calcium caseinate
Caramel color *call manufacturer
Caramel flavoring *call manufacturer
Casein
Caseinate
Cheese
Cream Curds
"De-lactosed" whey
Demineralized whey
Dried milk
Dry milk solids
Flavoring *call manufacturer
Fully cream milk powder
Galactose
High protein flour *call manufacturer
Hydrolyzed casein
Hydrolyzed milk protein
Lactalbumin
Lactalbumin phosphate
Lactate
Lactoferrin (Activin system)
Lactoglobulin
Lactose
Magnesium caseinate
Milk
Milk derivative
Milk fat
Milk protein
Milk solids
Natural flavoring *call manufacturer
Naturlose (sweetener derived from whey)
Opta (fat replacer)
Potassium caseinate
Recaldent
Rennet casein
Simplesse (fat replacer)
Skim milk powder
Sodium caseinate
Solids
Sour cream (or solids)
Sour milk solids
Tagatose (sweetener derived from whey)
Whey
Whey powder
Whey protein concentrate
Xanthan gum (may be processed with dairy - call manufacturer to find
out)
Yogurt

Wow! Thankyou! That is a lot of very helpful information! Thank all of you very much. I am going to meet up with her to review the ingredients before the show. She does not want to make a big deal out of it so nothing will be said at the show of course. I just want to help her out as much as possible! You all are so great! :love: :love: :love:

Related to Anyone Lactose And/Or Glucose Intolerant?

What is lactose intolerance?

Lactose intolerance is a condition where the body is unable to properly digest lactose, a sugar found in milk and dairy products. This is caused by a deficiency of the enzyme lactase, which is needed to break down lactose.

What are the symptoms of lactose intolerance?

Symptoms of lactose intolerance can include bloating, gas, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and nausea after consuming dairy products.

What is glucose intolerance?

Glucose intolerance, also known as prediabetes, is a condition where the body is unable to properly regulate blood sugar levels. This can lead to high blood sugar levels and potentially develop into type 2 diabetes if left untreated.

What foods should be avoided for those who are lactose intolerant?

Dairy products such as milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream should be avoided for those who are lactose intolerant. Some people may also need to avoid foods that contain small amounts of lactose, such as processed foods and baked goods.

What alternative options are available for those who are lactose and/or glucose intolerant?

There are many alternative options available for those who are lactose and/or glucose intolerant. Some examples include using lactose-free dairy products, opting for plant-based milk alternatives, and choosing low-sugar options for managing glucose levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adauw
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies