• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Trying to Conceive?

In summary, Kristen and her husband are not trying for a baby, but are hoping for one. Her son is 5 months old and she plans to have another child in the future.
At least you showed up before the baby did!:D

Content Deleted. (It was a duplicate joke, anyway.)

Last edited:
Kitchen Diva said:
Yes, we've been trying for almost 12 years.

I went 3 months without a period and thought for sure I was pregnant, as I've never been late. Sadly it was just all a part of my severe hormonal imbalance. This month I'm 8 days late so far...that's twice Since December 2007.

I'm sad because I went through every symptom a pregnant woman goes through yet it was only too much progesterone in my system. My body does not make it's own progesterone, or testosterone so I have to take them in a cream and orally every day! Been on HRT for 1.5 years. I'm only 36 years old. I'm on HRT because Doctors medically induced menopause in me when I was 26 years old to try and minimize my endometriosis symptoms. Instead it shut down my ovaries and sent my body into a downward spiral of shutting down, and not working properly.

It's been a long battle and I long for a little boy...I am choosing to believe that God will still bless us with a child. Even though DH is 45! :)

To all of you who are trying- best of luck and God Bless!!! :)

As long as he isn't collecting social security... you're good!

Congratulations Anne!!

When you least expect it, these things happen! I am so happy for you and DH!

So, when's the due date?:D

Kitchen Diva said:
Yes, we've been trying for almost 12 years.

I went 3 months without a period and thought for sure I was pregnant, as I've never been late. Sadly it was just all a part of my severe hormonal imbalance. This month I'm 8 days late so far...that's twice Since December 2007.

I'm sad because I went through every symptom a pregnant woman goes through yet it was only too much progesterone in my system. My body does not make it's own progesterone, or testosterone so I have to take them in a cream and orally every day! Been on HRT for 1.5 years. I'm only 36 years old. I'm on HRT because Doctors medically induced menopause in me when I was 26 years old to try and minimize my endometriosis symptoms. Instead it shut down my ovaries and sent my body into a downward spiral of shutting down, and not working properly.

It's been a long battle and I long for a little boy...I am choosing to believe that God will still bless us with a child. Even though DH is 45! :)

To all of you who are trying- best of luck and God Bless!!! :)

Keep praying, it took me 14 years! Drs realized they were treating me wrong, I was 40 and 42 when I gave birth!!

gilliandanielle said:
I have to pop in and out because if I don't then I would have to focus on my business... ACK!!!

KG just cracked a joke, lay off him and back to Anne's WONDERFUL news!!!!

So, how are you feeling Anne???? Hopefully good!

pjpamchef said:
Keep praying, it took me 14 years! Drs realized they were treating me wrong, I was 40 and 42 when I gave birth!!

Yeah, we found out 1.5 years ago that everything the infertility doctors were doing actually caused what my current doctor calls potentially permanent infertility.

I believe in a pretty BIG God, so I know I will be pregnant soon! :)

Say, Anne- how are you feeling? How is your little bean doing?

gilliandanielle said:
Something drew me to Chefsuccess today, and I think it was this!! I don't come on very often but for some reason I woke up and came straight here... Congrats a hundred times over! I couldn't be any happier for you and you deserve it so much! I will be occasionally popping in to see how you are doing!
Gillian, sniff, sniff... Its so good to "see" you!

DebbieSAChef said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A COFFEE SHOP, AND A BABY ALL AT THE SAME TIME! WHEWWW, WELL MANY PRAYERS ARE COMING YOUR WAY! I REMEMBER THAT THREAD AND I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BEING BLESSED THIS YEAR!

I remember when I wanted to throw my nutritionists plan out the window, literally!! :p Be Strong!

I hope you and beanie are healthy and safe!
Debbie :D
Debbie! Thank you. This is CRAZY!!!
nikked said:
Anne, I am SO happy for both of you. I know it's been such a struggle. I still remember feeling guilty when I popped up pregnant with Asa, thinking about how hard y'all had been trying.

I will be praying for you and your little "Beanie"! Asa just turned one on the ninth, which I absolutely cannot believe! The time goes by so fast, even when it seems to stand still...hubby will be home in 4 months. It feels so good to be on the last third of this year!!!
Nikked: I was thrilled for you. I was hoping it would happen for me. I'm not in such a rush, but DH is 42 and he fears he won't be able to play ball. BUT I know he'll be fine!

chefann said:
Anne-What size t-shirt do you wear? I have a lead on something... ;)
ok... I wear a 18/20 or 2x. Its hard to tell because I lost weight, but of course now I'm gaining in new spots. LOL

Thanks for your kind words, everyone! Sorry I haven't been on.

Kacey: I am sending good thoughts you way. And, don't worry, my computer does goofy things, too. I believe in miracles now.

So, to answer some questions:

I am 18 weeks pregnant; due on August 19th (but you know Beanie will come whenever). As far as my feeling: I am a bit tired, but I work 12-14 hours daily, 7 days, so who wouldn't be tired? Money is VERY tight, so I am stressed about that, although I try not to, but I can't help it.

As far as working like I do, don't worry though, I have a great staff that encourages me to relax and reminds me to eat. I have no other symptoms to speak of--no sickness or aversions or real cravings. Lately, I want pizza from the Italian place next door and salads. But those aren't crazy cravings, though. I am very forgetful and have a hard time concentrating. Someone called it "Baby Brain". Well, that's me.

Congrats Ann! :D

My Mother's StoryOh, and to add something... My Mom was told she couldn't have children. They actually started the adoption process. Well, in an awful accident, my Mom was bit by a dog, and he actually took off part of her nose and most of her mouth. She was in the hospital and they ran a bunch of tests, and found out she was pregnant with me. She learned while on a table, with her mouth wired shut that she was pregnant. The doctor told her to have an abortion. And, he was probably trying to help by saving her some additional heartache explaining because of all of the surgeries that if she maintained the pregancy to term that it was most likely that I would have severe problems and that it could be dangerous for her as well. She refused to do any of that, saying it didn't matter, that she had gone too far to give up now. I will spare some of the details, but to be honest, in the beginning, she had a tough time being pregnant and going through the surgeries. My Mom always tells me not to give up because I am a fighter--and that I have been since conception, literally.

I guess my point is that science (aka a doctor) only takes you so far... God does the rest.

AJPratt said:
Oh, and to add something... My Mom was told she couldn't have children. They actually started the adoption process. Well, in an awful accident, my Mom was bit by a dog, and he actually took off part of her nose and most of her mouth. She was in the hospital and they ran a bunch of tests, and found out she was pregnant with me. She learned while on a table, with her mouth wired shut that she was pregnant. The doctor told her to have an abortion. And, he was probably trying to help by saving her some additional heartache explaining because of all of the surgeries that if she maintained the pregancy to term that it was most likely that I would have severe problems and that it could be dangerous for her as well. She refused to do any of that, saying it didn't matter, that she had gone too far to give up now. I will spare some of the details, but to be honest, in the beginning, she had a tough time being pregnant and going through the surgeries. My Mom always tells me not to give up because I am a fighter--and that I have been since conception, literally.

I guess my point is that science (aka a doctor) only takes you so far... God does the rest.

What a beautiful story Anne - now it's more clear where you get your strength of character!

AJPratt said:
I am 18 weeks pregnant; due on August 19th QUOTE]

We're 10 days apart in our pregnancies! That's too cool... keep us posted on how everything goes. We find out the sex on Wednesday, CAN'T WAIT!

Anne - wonderful story and glad you are here and able to bring another life into this world! I'm glad your staff is wonderful and MAKES you rest!

Last edited:
katie0128 said:
As long as he isn't collecting social security... you're good!

OMG- Too funny!

That is a good point, and one I never thought of. However I don't want him to be a 60 year old father with a 10 year old child, either.

I really do enjoy you guys, you have made me laugh during a very tough time in my life!

Thank you all, so much!!!

AJPratt said:
I am very forgetful and have a hard time concentrating. Someone called it "Baby Brain". Well, that's me.

Hate to be the one to let you in on the secret, but the Baby Brain doesn't go away! I think the baby takes some of your memory out as he's being born, and you never get it back!

janetupnorth said:
Anne - wonderful story and glad you are here and able to bring another life into this world!

I'm glad your stuff is wonderful and MAKES you rest!

(hee-hee) It is important to have a good stuff! (hee-hee)

(sorry Miss Janet- I love you therefore I teaseth you!)

Kitchen Diva said:
(hee-hee) It is important to have a good stuff! (hee-hee)

(sorry Miss Janet- I love you therefore I teaseth you!)

Got it fixed - it's been a LONG day!

janetupnorth said:
Got it fixed - it's been a LONG day!

You are allowed to have fat finger syndrome! You work really hard, and you are very helpful to all of us.

It just made me giggle so I had to point it out. :) Like I said in a thread...I've been short on giggles these days.

KellyTheChef said:
Hate to be the one to let you in on the secret, but the Baby Brain doesn't go away! I think the baby takes some of your memory out as he's being born, and you never get it back!
Oh so very true!

pamperedlinda said:
Oh so very true!

Well then I have nothing to worry about as the hormonal imbalance has left me with baby brain minus the baby! :)

Whoo-hoo to goo for brains! (At least I'm still cute!)

KellyTheChef said:

One of the consultants on my team says you go from having 'baby brain' to 'mommy brain'. (Don't have personal experience in this area.)

ChefBeckyD said:
What a beautiful story Anne - now it's more clear where you get your strength of character!
Or my stubborness. LOL

Thanks, guys. Oh well, so much for Baby Brain going away. Maybe when I'm not so overwhelmed things will be better.

Haha Kelly; I was going to post that too about the 'baby brain'. Also, with each additional child, more of your brain goes away too, lol! I am so forgetful it's scary sometimes.

AJPratt said:
Or my stubborness. LOL

Thanks, guys. Oh well, so much for Baby Brain going away. Maybe when I'm not so overwhelmed things will be better.

The trade off for Baby Brain is pretty amazing though, as you get to watch a new little brain develop and grow....and it's all worth it when he/she says that first word....

I do think though, that you have had so much going on - even without a baby, I think it would be hard to keep everything straight!;) Good thing you are brilliant to begin with!:D

Anne I am so happy for you! CONGRATS on the new little bundle of joy that is coming. What a good story about your mom.Anne you give me hope that I might get another, if not I have one precious Devil. He keeps us busy.

hi all i have posted on here a while back and i now i am down with a bad cold and a caugh since last wed. yesterday i was going to the bathroom and i eather caughed or snezzed really hard and when i wipped there was blood from the cervix only a little bit and then it was over but the las two mornings ben waking up with the undies black and nothing when i wipe this has not happend last 9 months of trying and now i feel like it could have happend and i sould not expect my period till next week or the week after what do you all think? i would like your input on this.

Please i would like to know if this is it this time.

Hmmm...I would contact your OB doctor on that one!

I am with Kelly on that one~your doc would know best how to proceed at this point...don't jump to any conclusions without consulting the GYN first!

chefmeg said:
I am with Kelly on that one~your doc would know best how to proceed at this point...don't jump to any conclusions without consulting the GYN first!

Yeah, I agree with Marvin the Martian and Kelly! (Love ya chefmeg!) I've spotted before- and it's been dark- but the black panties thing is something I'd be calling a doctor about! Good luck and keep us in the loop!

milkangel said:
hi all i have posted on here a while back and i now i am down with a bad cold and a caugh since last wed. yesterday i was going to the bathroom and i eather caughed or snezzed really hard and when i wipped there was blood from the cervix only a little bit and then it was over but the las two mornings ben waking up with the undies black and nothing when i wipe this has not happend last 9 months of trying and now i feel like it could have happend and i sould not expect my period till next week or the week after what do you all think? i would like your input on this.
I'd contact your OB for them to tell you what is going on and check things out.If the blood is black, you know that it isn't fresh, it is dried. It has pooled in your uterus for awhile. What that is a sign of though, who knows...it could be multiple things (some not good). Best to be safe and go in.

Anne ~ CONGRATS!

Acually it only happens over night for the black stuuf and nothing during the day and right now i am feeling a heavy abbdomin and nassia. so i am hoping and praying.

Last edited:
OK- you do know that anyone can come to this site and read what you're posting, right? Is that personal info really the kind of stuff you want out there?

Congratulations Ann!

Thanks, everyone!

Congrats, Ann!! I am not on here much over the weekend, so, I am just now seeing this.

I am so happy for you!!! and pray all weill go well!

Congrats to you to Kelly and my prayers are with you too!

After a long 3 years, I am so happy to announce......we are expecting #2 March 13th!!:love:

So some cheffers figured it out at NC, and I gave into temptation and announced at our dinner meet n greet.

This has been a long 3 years, w/ 3 miscarriages in the last year I am fully embracing what I have been blessed w/.

I am so bad that we already have names picked out. Whether it's a boy or a girl, the middle name is Lynn because that is my name & our first ds has my husband's middle name.

So our picks are Conner Lynn for a boy
Isabella Lynn or Isabelle Lynn

Re: After a long 3 years, I am so happy to announce......
pamperedalf said:
we are expecting #2 March 13th!!:love:

Congratulations!!! So many of my favorite people were born in March. Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Re: After a long 3 years, I am so happy to announce......Oh My, Congrats Amanda!!!!

sending good pregnancy vibes your way!

chefjeanine said:
Congratulations!!! So many of my favorite people were born in March. Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

Jeanine, I totally agree I was born March 18th (if the baby waits that long I might not be happy) I hope this one comes how ds did on time & fast.

pamperedalf said:
Jeanine, I totally agree I was born March 18th (if the baby waits that long I might not be happy) I hope this one comes how ds did on time & fast.

My husband was born the 16th, one of my best friends on the 15th.

Congrats, Amanda!! That's wonderful news. Hope you're feeling good!

Since i posted that question - info we have goten pregnant again. i am due in Dec. so 17 weeks along and the baby is moving alot. i can not wait till we find out what it is. i feel as if it is a girl this time.

milkangel said:
Since i posted that question - info we have goten pregnant again. i am due in Dec. so 17 weeks along and the baby is moving alot. i can not wait till we find out what it is. i feel as if it is a girl this time.

How awesome!!!! I know how you feel on finding out, my ds doc asked yesterday if we would peek & I of course said yes. I like being prepared.

Best wishes to a healthy pregnancy & easy delivery.

I hope I'm next. We're headed to Australia next week because I love to travel and it's the only place outside the US my husband has ever wanted to visit! I've been waiting to take him before having kids...so I hope we can bring home a special souvenir from our trip!

Have fun in Australia, well lots of fun. Just a side note traveling is still doable w/ kids. My 4 year old ds has been to Maui twice, Pa., Nevada, Oregon, camping at sand dunes. He has been more places in his 4 years than I ever did in my whole 18 years as a child.I love to travel and will continue even when our 2nd arrives!

AMANDA!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you! Congrats!

I am so excited and happy for those of you who are conceiving. I so badly want to become pregnant--- DH and I have been trying for 12 years...that means 12 years with NO forms of birth control at all. I must be hormonal today because I'm so sad that I cannot join you all in the wonderful world of pregnancy...some days it just makes me sad and other days I'm totally alright with how things are.

I just can't get past that God told me he would bless us with a son- short of us getting an annonymous donation for about $25,000 for invitro, or $8500 for another surgery for DH and about $5000 for special fertility drugs for me- it'll have to be a miracle baby.

Congrats to all of you with buns in your oven- I think it is so cool that you get to add another blessing or just your first little blessing to your lives...

okay, I've made myself cry, so I gotta find some kleenex...

Aww Kacey, I can't imagine how hard that must be! You brought tears to my eyes! I have a cousin that wanted to conceive so badly & tried invitro several times; then found a wonderful little baby girl to adopt. Makes me crazy sometimes to think about all the people that *shouldn't* have lots of kids when there's people that would make wonderful parents & can't even have one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kayleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rchamelin
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2