• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Have a Tough Time With a Small Group?

In summary, the host felt off his game last night and the reason is that he does better with a crowd. He is thinking of meeting in person to coach.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I was so off my game last night! The host had 4 people attend, out of an invted 30. I realize, that I do much better with a crowd. The shows where I have felt "off" have been shows with low attendance. And the shows where I felt I did well had more people there.

So, I need to really work on my host coaching. I'm thinking of meeting them in person. Anyone else meet in person? No one seems to read the packet and I have a tough time catching up with them on the phone.

I'll let someone else address host coaching. I just want to say that small crowds are different and you have to change your approach. You should be much more conversational and let them try the products more. You may not sell much but perhaps they'll like your flexibility and they'll book a show...

I like the idea of having them try products... maybe next time I will do that. Its funny when you ask a question and all four say "no". Sometimes I'm just ready to say,"Ok. I got nothing."

There was a long thread a little while ago about in-person host coaching you might want to look that up. I try to coach all of my hosts in person, because you are right they don't read the material. I manage to coach about 90% in person and it makes a HUGE difference. Since I begun doing this and mailing out the invitations my sales and attendance increased substantially (as well as repeat hosts).

The meeting only takes about 20-30 minutes and I like to meet them in their home so I can get a feel for the layout. If they work during the day I will meet them on their lunch break, which helps them get a jumpstart on the outside orders because they have the packet with them for the rest of that day. Because I have 3 kids (4th due in 17 days) with the oldest 2 in school I try to have all of these meetings while they are in school. It is just more convenient that way.

Thank you for the advice. And that is a great idea about meeting at their place.

When I host coach, I tell them to take the packet out and we go over it together over the phone. That way they're not doing dishes or folding clothes and only half listening to you. :)

I never seem to reach them at a good time.

Then ask them when would be a better time--when they have 15-20 minutes to go over the info with you. Then call them back at that time.

You're right, no one reads!I stopped sending host packets. Too costly and nothing, I mean nothing gained. What is funny is I send catalogs and OOFs and the monthly host special. That's it. Most of the time they don't even know what the monthly host special is when I talk to them. I do send a little letter explaing the on-line order process and their password too. I would say about 75% of my hosts use it. Not bad considering.
So I do all my coaching via phone. Sorry I am not driving 45 to 50 miles for a 20 minute meeting. Most of my shows are form where I grew up and that's an hours drive in each direction. I don't seem to have any problems. When I call the first time about the show itself, I set the rest of my calls from there. And it seems to work OK.

DebbieJ said:
Then ask them when would be a better time--when they have 15-20 minutes to go over the info with you. Then call them back at that time.
I should have said that I have trouble reaching them. And when they call me I'm at my day job and its tough to just whip out my PC stuff.

1. How do I handle a small group that is not engaged during the party?

One way to handle this is to try to involve everyone in the activities or demonstrations. Ask for volunteers and make sure to give everyone a chance to participate. You can also try to spark conversation by asking open-ended questions or playing a game.

2. What if I don't have enough products to showcase for a small group?

You can still have a successful party by focusing on a few key products and highlighting their features and benefits. You can also encourage guests to place orders for any other products they may be interested in.

3. How can I make a small group feel more intimate and personal?

Try to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere by dimming the lights or using candles. You can also serve refreshments and engage in one-on-one conversations with each guest to make them feel special.

4. What if the small group consists of people who already know each other?

You can still make the party fun and engaging by involving everyone in the activities and encouraging them to share their experiences with the products. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for repeat customers to keep them interested.

5. How do I handle a small group with diverse interests and preferences?

It's important to be prepared with a variety of products and be knowledgeable about their features and uses. You can also ask guests about their interests and tailor your demonstrations to their preferences. It's also helpful to have a mix of interactive activities and product showcases to appeal to different guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • jterre
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg