• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is PC's Facebook Page a Negative Space? Share Your Thoughts!

In summary, PC took a long time to create a moderator for their Facebook page because there are so many posts to be deleted and policed. consultants out there are living up to that level (or should I say stooping down). It's sad.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I cannot stand PC's facebook page!! I don't go there regularly because every time I do it's people bashing PC, consultants who should be talking to their directors or going to the new consultant forum or people giving bad advice! I feel like someone at HO should stop this (ie, delete posts, get more involved, etc). Anybody else feel the same way?

I think there IS a moderator but it's so many posts to be deleting and policing that it's too much for them to do. I RARELY go there and I agree, I don't like it, I think they (PC) should have the page, but lock out comments and wall posts. It really makes our consultants look unprofessional.

This gives us a really clear picture as to why PC took so long to do this....consultants out there (not us!) are living up to that level (or should I say stooping down). It's sad.
It's too bad PC can't have a way to prevent consultants from posting on their page at all. If they keep it up, PC may shut down the page all together, or at least modify it so they don't have postings on the wall (is that possible?) - and it's just for tips and information. Take OUT the ability for folks to post, just the PC moderator.

Annoying indeed. I don't go there too often. I did take notice of one consultant posting status updates posts (related to PC) almost every day, like she is trying to tell the world she is a consultant. Ugh!

The only reason I ever go there is to pull a photo or link if I need it for my FB page.

I get way too irritated reading the posts. Ignorance like some of the posts I've read on there just grate at me. It doesn't take much thought to realize that you shouldn't post some of the stuff that is on there. It's better if I just stay away.

Occasionally another consultant will post something on my page that I consider inappropriate or not conveying the image I'm trying to project of my business and then I just delete those posts. Wish someone would do the same for the PC page.

Yes. They can block the wall so that its a "view only" page. In the first few weeks after the big Earthquake in Japan, the base had to do that with their FB page. There were too many people putting up false info & the base wanted their page to be a source of valid info. Anyone who had a question, had to PM it to the moderator. I rarely go to the PC page because of all the consultant questions. I rarely go to the Community forum on Consultant's Corner either.

Maybe we should suggest this to PC - being a View Only type of Wall?? Not only is it reflecting badly on PC, but it impacts us in our business as well, if someone gets a bad vibe or sees a bad "review" or something. I'm not suggesting "censorship" of bad reviews- just eliminate the whining consultants with bad-form!I know when on the rare occasion I do head over there to see what's posted, I typically have it filter to show ONLY the PC Posts- not everyone else. That helps.

There was a similar thread recently on CC. It is very aggravating that people will publicly bad mouth PC. Why are they selling it then?

I have noticed recently that someone is stepping in and commenting on the consultant posts and informing them that there is a message board on CC that they can and should use. Surprisingly a lot of people have then commented back saying they didn't know (really?!!?) and they'd check it out. It is a professional way for PC to handle it and, hopefully in time, it will reduce the number of the not-so-good posts on the wall. (Yes, the posts on there drive me nuts too!)

glad they aren't on here with all of that negativity. ;) *maybe they are, just not saying it?*
I know we all get frustrated from time to time and there is negativity, but it's semi-private and mostly just consultants (*a few lurkers here we know*). I also can choose NOT to read a particular thread if it's bad...but I think as a whole, this is a very positive and supportive environment. Thanks for that!

ChefNelson said:
I have noticed recently that someone is stepping in and commenting on the consultant posts and informing them that there is a message board on CC that they can and should use. Surprisingly a lot of people have then commented back saying they didn't know (really?!!?) and they'd check it out. It is a professional way for PC to handle it and, hopefully in time, it will reduce the number of the not-so-good posts on the wall.

(Yes, the posts on there drive me nuts too!)

Yes, they do have someone who does that, but mostly just during business hours. I've seen responses of "Yeah, I know, but I figured I'd get an answer here faster".

IMHO, it's sadly embarassing and does not reflect well on PC. If independent consultants in my other (day job) organization posted questions that reflected a lack of training and/or knowledge, complained about anything, and "talked back" when a moderator tried to redirect them to appropriate channels we'd have a chat with them and take corrective action.

A page that's view only doesn't allow the interaction with customers, potential customers, fans and potential recruits. But then again if I were a customer I wouldn't visit the page.

Moderators can delete posts and ban specfic posters.

I've been wondering if there's been any attempt made by HO to communicate appropriate FB ettiquette on the PC page? No sure how much it would help, but I feel like something needs to be done.

Just my two cents and others opinions may vary, but at current I believe the page is a negative for the PC brand :-(

I think there really needs to be a "consultant's only" FB page. Should we start one?Edit: I didn't know there was a forum on CC! Is it not on the Canadian site, maybe?

They should make it where people can post, but it has to be approved by the moderator first. I wish there'd be a way to not allow comments on the photos and videos they post. I want to post those videos, but it takes people to the page where you can then see all the annoying comments. Hate that!It is very unprofessional to have all the consultants posting junk on there. It really does make it look like PC doesn't train the consultants or give them an appropriate place to ask for it. If HO did make an announcement or offer more training on it, there still will be the same amount of questions and inappropriate comments, because some people are just not "with it." ;) Some don't know where to look to educate themselves and unfortunately some people are resistant to asking their directors for help and some are resistant about accepting training that their directors offer. Then there's also the sad reality that some people recruit but don't train. It's very frustrating to see so many consultants in the dark on how to do things.Everyone needs CS! :D

babywings76 said:
They should make it where people can post, but it has to be approved by the moderator first. I wish there'd be a way to not allow comments on the photos and videos they post. I want to post those videos, but it takes people to the page where you can then see all the annoying comments. Hate that!It is very unprofessional to have all the consultants posting junk on there. It really does make it look like PC doesn't train the consultants or give them an appropriate place to ask for it. If HO did make an announcement or offer more training on it, there still will be the same amount of questions and inappropriate comments, because some people are just not "with it." ;) Some don't know where to look to educate themselves and unfortunately some people are resistant to asking their directors for help and some are resistant about accepting training that their directors offer. Then there's also the sad reality that some people recruit but don't train. It's very frustrating to see so many consultants in the dark on how to do things.Everyone needs CS! :D
I agree. It used to be that everyone I recruited was grateful and excited to get the training. Lately every one of them blows off any attempts I make thinking they can figure it out and then later they call in a panic. Ugg what is with people? I also agree that the FB page needs restrictions. I don't go there at all and I don't share anything from there for two reasons. What you all have said and I don't want my friends to go to PC.com and into the lead system. If they loudly asked for the customers consultant at checkout it would be different...

KateInTheKitchen said:
Edit: I didn't know there was a forum on CC! Is it not on the Canadian site, maybe?

The "Community", at the top right corner of CC is the consultant forum. Don't know though if it's different in Canada.

The "Community", at the top right corner of CC is the consultant forum. Don't know though if it's different in Canada

We do not have "Community" here in Canada.... and I stop visiting PC fb for all the reasons listed above...

UGH! So, just out of curiosity to see how bad things are over there, I stupidly went over. Banging head now---why do people post these things they do?!!! Listen to this one:Is anything being done for November hosts for the Butterball Fiasco? Two of my hosts were first timers and that made the company look quite bad.Here's what I want to reply, but I don't know if it's worth the aggravation:
This is a public site, so you might want to call HO and speak to them about the issue. Airing it here in this manners reflects poorly of the company, too.

What exactly is the "Butterball fiasco"? And yes, I would reply that..not that it's going to do any good, but PC REALLY needs to do something about this. I'm afraid to go to the site now! LOL

I *think* they're saying the fact that not everyone received their Butterball checks before Thanksgiving. However, I'm pretty sure the flyer never said anything about guaranteeing it before Thanksgiving, just for the "holidays"... I got mine two days before Thanksgiving, had already gotten my turkey, and will just be depositing the checks!

Since we already know many of these same consultants can't read or follow company guidelines as evidenced by their lack of common sense on FB....they probably didn't even submit the code on the shows correctly either- since they can't read. ;) So they were likely on the bottom of the list as HO tried to make up for the errors of the consultants and make things right.I'm serious- everyone who is annoyed needs to email HO and complain. That at least gives them a voice from those of us who care about the image of the company and our product/business. They may figure out an alternative. Customers may not be able to post on the wall -b ut having a "moderator approved" posting rule, or just view-only, seems reasonable to me. As a customer, I'd rather go to their page for CONTENT that is valuable. How many other businesses let you post on their wall? Surely not all of them."THOSE" Consultants have ruined it for the rest of us and customers. But if it protects the brand-name, I saw go for it!

Bobbi, that post just cracked me up...but it is so true!!! LOL
I just went to the FB site...I haven't been there in months, maybe even a year, and oh my...questions from consultants about host/guest specials, how to order replacement parts, etc. REALLY? I agree, this is something that can be answered by calling HO or going to their director. Definitely does not make our consultants look knowledgable AT ALL. If you don't know to go to Consultant corner to find out what the specials are, I don't know what to tell ya.

KateInTheKitchen said:
I think there really needs to be a "consultant's only" FB page. Should we start one?

Edit: I didn't know there was a forum on CC! Is it not on the Canadian site, maybe?

On the US site, when you sign into Consultant's Corner there's a link in the upper right hand corner called "Community" ~ when we click that link it takes us into the chat forums. Hopefully you guys have it too! :D

Sheila said:
On the US site, when you sign into Consultant's Corner there's a link in the upper right hand corner called "Community" ~ when we click that link it takes us into the chat forums. Hopefully you guys have it too! :D

They should make that bigger! ;)

esavvymom said:
They should make that bigger! ;)

And they should make a bigger note of it in the weekly newswire in the main paragraphs, instead of a side note in the margins ;)

You guys have so much that we don't here in Canada. No forum for us. :(

PamperedK said:
You guys have so much that we don't here in Canada. No forum for us. :(

You've got us! *hug*

Katie I like the idea of a consultants only page on FB

I don't go to that page, though I am guilty of posting on some of their links. Like the one about being worried about holiday bills ... I said I would be if I didn't sell Pampered Chef! I won't complain about the Butterball certificates there. I will complain about them HERE because only other consultants will read it. But like others, in a positive fashion, concerned that such a great promotion could backfire. It almost did for my host, who would have been furious had he not received his on time.

Intrepid_Chef said:
I don't go to that page, though I am guilty of posting on some of their links. Like the one about being worried about holiday bills ... I said I would be if I didn't sell Pampered Chef!

I won't complain about the Butterball certificates there. I will complain about them HERE because only other consultants will read it. But like others, in a positive fashion, concerned that such a great promotion could backfire. It almost did for my host, who would have been furious had he not received his on time.

I loved the one call that referred to it as the Butterball Fiasco!! Seriously?! What fiasco?! You are getting something free from the company who is using a third party vendor who is apparently having problems.

1. Is PC's Facebook Page a negative space?

The answer to this question is subjective and can vary from person to person. Some individuals may feel that the Facebook page for PC is a negative space due to the prevalence of negative comments and bashing towards the company. Others may disagree and find the page to be a positive space for networking and support.

2. Why do people bash PC on the Facebook page?

There could be a variety of reasons why people may choose to bash PC on the Facebook page. Some may have had negative experiences with the company or its products, while others may simply be looking for a platform to voice their frustrations. It is important to remember that not everyone will have a positive opinion of PC, and it is natural for individuals to share their thoughts and experiences on social media platforms.

3. Shouldn't consultants be talking to their directors instead of posting on the Facebook page?

While it is always encouraged to communicate with your director or seek advice within the appropriate channels, the Facebook page can serve as a helpful resource for consultants to connect with others in the company. It is not uncommon for individuals to seek support and advice from their peers, and the Facebook page can provide a convenient platform for this.

4. Should HO (headquarters) get more involved in monitoring the Facebook page?

The level of involvement from headquarters in monitoring the Facebook page is ultimately up to the company's discretion. However, it is important to remember that the Facebook page is a public platform, and individuals have the right to express their opinions and experiences. It may not be feasible or appropriate for headquarters to constantly monitor and moderate every comment on the page.

5. Do others feel the same way about the negative atmosphere on PC's Facebook page?

It is likely that there are others who share similar feelings about the negativity on PC's Facebook page. However, it is also important to remember that the page may not be representative of the entire company or its consultants. It is up to each individual to decide whether or not they want to engage with the content on the page and how it may affect their perception of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• meginsf
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
rhparsons
Replies