• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Recipe Ideas? I Have to Many Rippening at the Same Time. :)

We made a Banana Pudding Trifle, laying the bananas, lite cool whip, pudding mix and lite Nabisco cookies.We are taking it to a diabetic support group meeting today.
pkd09
Silver Member
Any recipe ideas? I have to many rippening at the same time. :)

I like to make banana chocolate chip muffins...

I always make banana cake (bread) but my recipe only takes 3 so unless you want to make a lot of loaves...

Cut into bite-size chunks, insert toothpicks, dip in chocolate and freeze. Yum!

Saw this today but haven't tried:

For dry, scaly feet: mash a bananna and three tablespoons lemon juice. Put on feet, cover with bag and go to bed. Beautiful feet the next day.

How about a banana trifle? Yum!I like the frozen banana idea, too. Tasty and nutritious.

When my bananas start getting too ripe I peel them and put them in a zip bag in the freezer. Perfect for making smoothies and other banana recipes later.

I am making this today for a BBQ!!!! YUM!!!!

Banana Split Brownie Pizza
Source: Pampered Chef

1 package (19.5 oz) brownie mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese softened
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup nuts
Strawberries
Banana
Chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 375. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Place Parchment Paper on 15-inch Baking Stone. Pour brownie mixture on paper and spread into 14-inch circle. Do not bake without Parchment Paper or batter will run off stone while baking. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Slice banana and strawberries. Chop nuts. Arrange fruits and nuts on top of cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill.

We made a Banana Pudding Trifle, laying the bananas, lite cool whip, pudding mix and lite Nabisco cookies. It looks real cute, with some of the bananas on the "wall" like the limes in the Lime-Berry Trifle. We're taking it to a diabetic support group meeting today.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

This is my favorite banana bread recipe! When I was working outside the house, I used to take this in at least once a month or else they were bugging me to death to bring it for them!! You can use anywhere from 4- 6 bananas and it still comes out great! So moist! Kids love it too!

Chocolate Banana Bread
Submitted by: Tracie P.
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 434 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 24 servings

"This banana bread features cocoa, chocolate chips, sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder
1 cup lite sour cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate
chips

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

This recipe appears in the Allrecipes "Tried & True Favorites" cookbook. Buy it online at http://www.shopallrecipes.com/

A version of Banana's Foster - you can really wow your guests... I learned this just by watching a local restaurant that will do this right at your table.

A few tablespoons of butter in a skillet and an equal amount of brown sugar, heat (medium heat) it until it begins to carmelize. Add @ 1 tsp cinnamon. Peel and chop a couple of apples and add them to the pan, when they begin to soften, add sliced bananas. Just before they are done pour some rum into the pan and light it with a match. The alcohol will burn off (the flames will subside...) and it is fabulous over ice cream.

I have even done this camping....

Good luck!

pamperedlinda said:
When my bananas start getting too ripe I peel them and put them in a zip bag in the freezer. Perfect for making smoothies and other banana recipes later.
Me too. With the santuko knife, they cut like butter!

Me Three! We love Smoothies at our house - and I actually buy bananas just to get them extra ripe, peel and freeze them, so we can make smoothies!

DS is not much of a breakfast eater - but I can always get him to drink a smoothie, and I feel like he is getting a balanced breakfast that way.

Here is one of our favorites!

1 frozen banana
1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
2/3 cup 1% milk
2 TBL. nut butter (peanut, almond. or cashew)
1 1/2 TBL ground flax
a drizzle of honey or agave nectar

Blend together and enjoy! Makes 2 servings

raquirion said:
A version of Banana's Foster - you can really wow your guests... I learned this just by watching a local restaurant that will do this right at your table.

A few tablespoons of butter in a skillet and an equal amount of brown sugar, heat (medium heat) it until it begins to carmelize. Add @ 1 tsp cinnamon. Peel and chop a couple of apples and add them to the pan, when they begin to soften, add sliced bananas. Just before they are done pour some rum into the pan and light it with a match. The alcohol will burn off (the flames will subside...) and it is fabulous over ice cream.

I have even done this camping....

Good luck!
WOW! That sounds like a fabulous recipe!

beepampered said:
Saw this today but haven't tried:

For dry, scaly feet: mash a bananna and three tablespoons lemon juice. Put on feet, cover with bag and go to bed. Beautiful feet the next day.

Boy would my husband think I had gone "bannanas" or what!!!??:D

I made a Paula Deen cake this weekend called Mrs. Groover's Banana Nut Cake. I am sure you can find it on www.foodnetwork.com It was good. It is her husband's favorite recipe of his mothers.

Related to Any Recipe Ideas? I Have to Many Rippening at the Same Time. :)

1. What can I make with too many ripening fruits and vegetables at the same time?

There are many delicious recipes that can be made with ripe fruits and vegetables. Some ideas include fruit salads, vegetable stir-fries, smoothies, fruit crisps, and homemade salsa.

2. Do you have any recipe suggestions for using up a surplus of ripe bananas?

Yes, there are plenty of tasty options for using up ripe bananas. You can make banana bread, banana pancakes, banana muffins, banana smoothies, or even freeze them and use them in future recipes.

3. Can I use overripe fruits and vegetables in soups or stews?

Absolutely! Overripe fruits and vegetables can add great flavor and nutrients to soups and stews. Just be sure to remove any bruised or moldy parts before using them.

4. What desserts can I make with a variety of ripening fruits?

There are so many delicious dessert options for using up ripe fruits. Some popular ones include fruit tarts, fruit crumbles, fruit pies, and fruit parfaits. You can also try grilling or roasting the fruits for a unique dessert experience.

5. How can I use up ripe fruits and vegetables in a savory dish?

Ripe fruits and vegetables can add great flavor and texture to savory dishes. You can use them in salads, sandwiches, wraps, omelettes, and even as toppings for pizzas or burgers. Get creative and experiment with different flavor combinations!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lonetta Canales
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • chezshelly