• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Preggo Chefs Going to Conference??

In summary, for a pregnant person attending a conference, it is recommended to bring a water bottle, snacks, and a Boppy Wedge for comfort while sleeping. Comfortable walking shoes are also important. It is advised to get an end seat in workshops and general sessions for easy access to restroom breaks. Pregnant women should not be approached with rude comments about their size. The conference location is not very conducive to walking, with all workshops and booths in one building. The Arie Crown Theatre has not been remodeled. Pregnant women with health issues may not be able to participate in many activities.
kittychef
What are you bringing with you to make it a little easier? I'm 7 months and this is my first time going to conference I'm really excited!!

I am not pregnant, but thinking back to how I felt at 7 months, here are a few things:
-A bottle for water (though I'm bringing one anyway :) )
-Lots of snacks - There isn't much time or many places to get food between classes/sessions, and having some fruit and cereal bars or nuts or something might help
-A Boppy Wedge - At that point my stomach was big enough that sleeping was getting uncomfortable. I bought a little wedge shaped pillow (which may be helpful at home, too).I can't think of much else that would be special for you to bring, but I hope that helps.

I was 36 weeks when I went to my first NC, and I'd add to previous post very good walking shoes!!!

I am 32.5 weeks and just returned from wave 1.My best advice? The things you will need the most are patience and thick skin. I CANNOT believe how many woman came up to me and asked how far along I was and then proceeded to make a rude comment about how big I was. UN-FRICKEN-REAL!Honestly, there is very little walking this year b/c all the workshops are in Building E along with all the booths and general session. People kept asking me if I was doing okay with all the walking when in reality I got sick of SITTING so much! On Day 2 I actually purposely walked across the bridge and back in between workshops to get some exercise and stretch my legs. Bring a refillable water bottle as PC has water stations everywhere and just make sure to get an end seat in workshops and general sessions so you can go when you need to. :)Oh, and no need to bring a special pillow. Just call housekeeping at your hotel and have them bring up a few extras for you. And to the rest of you going--DO NOT walk up to the pregnant ladies and make rude remarks. YOU KNOW BETTER!

DebbieJ said:
I am 32.5 weeks and just returned from wave 1.

My best advice? The things you will need the most are patience and thick skin. I CANNOT believe how many woman came up to me and asked how far along I was and then proceeded to make a rude comment about how big I was. UN-FRICKEN-REAL!

Honestly, there is very little walking this year b/c all the workshops are in Building E along with all the booths and general session. People kept asking me if I was doing okay with all the walking when in reality I got sick of SITTING so much! On Day 2 I actually purposely walked across the bridge and back in between workshops to get some exercise and stretch my legs.

Bring a refillable water bottle as PC has water stations everywhere and just make sure to get an end seat in workshops and general sessions so you can go when you need to. :)

Oh, and no need to bring a special pillow. Just call housekeeping at your hotel and have them bring up a few extras for you.

And to the rest of you going--DO NOT walk up to the pregnant ladies and make rude remarks. YOU KNOW BETTER!

That was the worst part about being pregnant! All of a sudden, nothing is off limits to say, and you have no personal space anymore! I hated it when people I didn't know or barely knew would feel free to touch my belly.:grumpy:

Good to know about the walking! Is building E where the Arie Crown Theatre is? Has it been remodeled some?

ChefBeckyD said:
Good to know about the walking! Is building E where the Arie Crown Theatre is? Has it been remodeled some?

yes, same building as the Theatre. No remodeling noticed.

Deb, thanks so much for letting us know about the limited walking. My Director has pneumonia, but is determined to get on that plane tomorrow. She's thinking she'll have to spend most of the time in the room because she won't be able to walk much, so she'll be glad to know it won't be too bad.

Thank you, also, for not spoiling any surprises!!

Finally, thanks for the tip on what NOT to say to a pregnant woman. Since I'm large to begin with, many people couldn't tell when I was pregnant, haha, so I didn't have that same problem. I'm sure I'm guilty of this faux pas, and will try to be more considerate in future.

Thanks so much for the info!! I'm leaving for conference right now!!Deb, I actually had someone ask me if I was having twins!! I wanted to slap her!!

Thanks so much for the info!! I'm leaving for conference right now!!

Deb, I actually had someone ask me if I was having twins!! I wanted to slap her!!

Last year when I went I was 5ish months and I wore sneakers every day and always had water with me. I also gave myself permission to leave workshops if I wasn't feeling up to it.

DebbieJ said:
I am 32.5 weeks and just returned from wave 1.

My best advice? The things you will need the most are patience and thick skin. I CANNOT believe how many woman came up to me and asked how far along I was and then proceeded to make a rude comment about how big I was. UN-FRICKEN-REAL!

Honestly, there is very little walking this year b/c all the workshops are in Building E along with all the booths and general session. People kept asking me if I was doing okay with all the walking when in reality I got sick of SITTING so much! On Day 2 I actually purposely walked across the bridge and back in between workshops to get some exercise and stretch my legs.

Bring a refillable water bottle as PC has water stations everywhere and just make sure to get an end seat in workshops and general sessions so you can go when you need to. :)

Oh, and no need to bring a special pillow. Just call housekeeping at your hotel and have them bring up a few extras for you.

And to the rest of you going--DO NOT walk up to the pregnant ladies and make rude remarks. YOU KNOW BETTER!

I just got back also and am 31 weeks, the very first day someone asked me how far along I was and then said man you're huge!
I was looking forward to being around other women who would know better for a few days but that didn't happen. I also walked across the bridge to stretch my legs. So you already got some great advice!

It has been almost 20 years since I was pregnant for my son but I bite my tongue everytime one of these annoying questions start to roll out of my mouth. I think it is just like someone saying "great weather we are having" or "how are you today?" (like they REALLY want to know the truth if you are having a crappy day!!)

I remember towards the end of my pregnancy answering the same questions so many times, I felt like wearing a sign:

"How are you feeling?" ~ very pregnant, swelled ankles, hot, puffy...just crappy!! Thanks for reminding me!

"When are you due?" ~ you mean you aren't boiling the water? what's wrong with you?

"What are you going to call the baby?" ~ something nicer than what I want to call you right now!

Oh, I could go on, but I won't!!! Don't get me wrong, I actually loved being pregnant, but the last 2 weeks are just uncomfortable and my irritation level was really high!!!

Thank you for letting us know what building everything will be in! That is great since I have a bum leg. Just did a show and I need to ice it down. Don't want to miss a bit of the conference so less walking is a great thing this year! Wave 3...so excited and ready to go!!

I always tell pregnant women that they look great!! Even before I had kids, I always thought PG women were beautiful, and never called them "huge" - how awful!! Sorry you had to endure that, Deb!! :(

baychef said:
It has been almost 20 years since I was pregnant for my son but I bite my tongue everytime one of these annoying questions start to roll out of my mouth. I think it is just like someone saying "great weather we are having" or "how are you today?" (like they REALLY want to know the truth if you are having a crappy day!!)

I remember towards the end of my pregnancy answering the same questions so many times, I felt like wearing a sign:

"How are you feeling?" ~ very pregnant, swelled ankles, hot, puffy...just crappy!! Thanks for reminding me!

"When are you due?" ~ you mean you aren't boiling the water? what's wrong with you?

"What are you going to call the baby?" ~ something nicer than what I want to call you right now!

Oh, I could go on, but I won't!!! Don't get me wrong, I actually loved being pregnant, but the last 2 weeks are just uncomfortable and my irritation level was really high!!!

Thank you for letting us know what building everything will be in! That is great since I have a bum leg. Just did a show and I need to ice it down. Don't want to miss a bit of the conference so less walking is a great thing this year! Wave 3...so excited and ready to go!!

You're cracking me up!!
I did have comments but nothing too rude. They were several pg girls there and we all had the same tired look. The walking did take a toll on me so I took my time walking I was late for some workshops but I just couldn't waddle any faster LOL. I did see another pg girl who ws getting her foot wrapped by paramedics I felt bad for her

1. Can I attend conference if I am pregnant?

Yes, absolutely! We welcome all of our consultants, pregnant or not, to attend conference and be a part of the fun and learning experience.

2. Will there be accommodations for pregnant attendees?

We strive to make our conference accessible and comfortable for all attendees, including our pregnant consultants. Please let us know if you have any specific needs or requests so we can make sure you have a comfortable experience.

3. Is there a special session for pregnant chefs?

While there is not a specific session dedicated to pregnant chefs, all conference sessions are open to all attendees and cover a variety of topics that may be helpful for pregnant consultants.

4. Can I still participate in hands-on cooking activities at conference?

Yes, you are more than welcome to participate in any hands-on cooking activities at conference. However, please be mindful of your physical limitations and take breaks as needed. Our staff will also be available to assist you if needed.

5. Will there be any special perks or gifts for pregnant consultants at conference?

We do not have any specific perks or gifts for pregnant consultants, but all attendees will receive a conference swag bag filled with goodies and have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the event. We also have a nursing and pumping room available for any new moms attending conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Admin Greg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
2 3
Replies
Views
Tenille V.