• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are There Other Business Majors Graduating Next June?

In summary, the conversation involves multiple individuals discussing their experiences as business students and their plans for graduation and future goals. One individual shares their plan to consolidate credit cards and create a budget in order to pay off debt and use grants and the GI Bill to go back to school full time. They also mention the need to figure out insurance options without a full time job. Overall, the group offers encouragement and support for each other in their academic and career pursuits.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I am a business Major and I graduate next June!!! Is their anyone else in school or studing business??

Where do you go to school at and When do you graduate?

As of right now I am. I am a full time business student at UW-Oshkosh with a major in Human Resources.

On friday I am offically done with classes! I graduate January 08.

What is your major? Where do you go to school?

I am a full time Student at the University of Phoenix and I am studing Business Mangement I graduate June 2009.

I will be the first child in my family to graduate college!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am a full time Student at the University of Phoenix and I am studing Business Mangement I graduate June 2009.

I will be the first child in my family to graduate college!!

Congratulations on this!! Graduating is a huge accomplishment! Especially when you go back to school like we did.

I went back to School when I was 25 years old and divorced and had a 3 year old ...... She is now 6 1/2 years old!!!! LOL

The Highest ComplimentI received an email from one of my really good past hosts that she had a potential recruit for me. The host sells Princess House and this is the sister of one of her new recruits. The sisters don't want to be in direct competition with each other. So this gal was looking into other companies and was referred to me. She is going to my show with me tonight, so we'll see how it goes. I am offering a $20 incentive to sign before the 28th since I have quickstart boxes still. Hopefully that will help.

So, what do ya think I should do for the past host that referred this gal to me? I was thinking of sending her a GC (redeemable through me, of course).

It's funny you should post this! I just got a referral from a past host for a new recruit. I met with her last week, she's ordering her kit this week and her kick-off show is the 30th! When she qualifies, I'm going to give the lady who referred me a $25 GC... but I'm thinking I might buy her a real PC one and order it for her on the new recruit's show so she gets the commission. Haven't figured that out yet though.

If the past host's discount is still good, how about offering her a piece of stoneware at 50% off? Or maybe give her a gift from the new spring line?

When I want to thank someone for a referral I usually give them a Heart Trivet with a hand-written notecard thanking them "from teh bottom of my heart" -- I picked this up from my directorfriend that I taught a workshop with last year, Laura Polito, from NY. She's really terrific.

I love those ideas, Thank you. Unfortunatly the gal called me about an hour before my show to tell me that her DD was sick. She said she wants to do it, but she isn't sure if she wants to wait a month or two , so her sister can get her business started first. And I have still have a couple of quickstart boxes. :(

Oh Carolyn, I love the heart trivet suggestion!

legacypc46 said:
Oh Carolyn, I love the heart trivet suggestion!

Isn't it a GREAT one? Laura Polito is one of those people who, in her day-to-day life as well as her business-life, goes above & beyond and does those little thoughtful things that really make you REMEMBER her and LIKE her. I was so lucky to have been paired with her to teach our workshop last summer.

Well...I am not a full time student...I work full time and as of right now I am not a student at all....HOWEVER....I think I have decided to go back to school....which I am very nervous about....

Please help to encourage me to stick to my goal...I feel that I will need it....PRAYERS ARE GREATLY NEEDED....

So here is my plan...I am going to go and consolidate my credit cards....then I am going to take everything to Gretchen's Husband and he is going to help me set up a budget...a TIGHT budget...I am hoping to have a lot of my debt paid off by next January....then I am hoping to get some grants...plus I can get the GI Bill....and I am hoping to be able to QUIT my job...and go back to school....so this year I really need to kick it up with my PC....because even if I am getting grants I will get the same amount with my GI Bill...so if I can get grants to help pay a lot of the schooling then I can use the GI Bill for the rest plus other expenses...so I was driving home from work today thinking about all of this and all of a sudden I freaked out because no full time job means no insurance....so I will have to look into all of my posibilities with that....but I am sure that God will show me what to do...

So as of now I don't know what I want to be when I grow up but I want to go to school...hopefully by next year at this time I will know...I have some ideas but I have to do some research into them...

So there you have it...PLEASE keep all of this in your prayers...

One more thing...I came home and told my mom my plan not knowing how she would react to me telling her that I am planning on quitting my job...1 month before I turn 29 and becoming a full time student...well she just got a look of shock on her face and then a big smile...

chefheidi2003 said:
Well...I am not a full time student...I work full time and as of right now I am not a student at all....HOWEVER....I think I have decided to go back to school....which I am very nervous about....

Please help to encourage me to stick to my goal...I feel that I will need it....PRAYERS ARE GREATLY NEEDED....

So here is my plan...I am going to go and consolidate my credit cards....then I am going to take everything to Gretchen's Husband and he is going to help me set up a budget...a TIGHT budget...I am hoping to have a lot of my debt paid off by next January....then I am hoping to get some grants...plus I can get the GI Bill....and I am hoping to be able to QUIT my job...and go back to school....so this year I really need to kick it up with my PC....because even if I am getting grants I will get the same amount with my GI Bill...so if I can get grants to help pay a lot of the schooling then I can use the GI Bill for the rest plus other expenses...so I was driving home from work today thinking about all of this and all of a sudden I freaked out because no full time job means no insurance....so I will have to look into all of my posibilities with that....but I am sure that God will show me what to do...

So as of now I don't know what I want to be when I grow up but I want to go to school...hopefully by next year at this time I will know...I have some ideas but I have to do some research into them...

So there you have it...PLEASE keep all of this in your prayers...

One more thing...I came home and told my mom my plan not knowing how she would react to me telling her that I am planning on quitting my job...1 month before I turn 29 and becoming a full time student...well she just got a look of shock on her face and then a big smile...

When i went back to school 3 1/2 years ago I was a single mom and I was 26 years old. Set a goal for yourself even if it is a daily goal and stick to it. One of my goals was to maintain a 3.6 gpa. How many credits are you planning on taking ? Are you going to go campus or take online classes??

mommyhugz1978 said:
When i went back to school 3 1/2 years ago I was a single mom and I was 26 years old. Set a goal for yourself even if it is a daily goal and stick to it. One of my goals was to maintain a 3.6 gpa. How many credits are you planning on taking ? Are you going to go campus or take online classes??

I am planning on going to a campus...there are a lot of great places very local to me. and I am planning on getting my bachelors

chefheidi2003 said:
I am planning on going to a campus...there are a lot of great places very local to me. and I am planning on getting my bachelors

Do you know what your planning on studying? My best advice is if your going to go to campus then take 12 credit hours. But budget your classes so your not overwhelmed to quickly.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Do you know what your planning on studying? My best advice is if your going to go to campus then take 12 credit hours. But budget your classes so your not overwhelmed to quickly.

no i havent decided what I want to do when I grow up...lol...but I have a year to figure all of that out.

chefheidi2003 said:
no i havent decided what I want to do when I grow up...lol...but I have a year to figure all of that out.

Two pieces of advice... follow your heart but let it be something that you know you can earn good money at. Not a hobby that will not get you very far.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Two pieces of advice... follow your heart but let it be something that you know you can earn good money at. Not a hobby that will not get you very far.

oh trust me I am taking that into consideration...

chefheidi2003 said:
oh trust me I am taking that into consideration...

My sister in law is paying the price right now she got her degree in Archeology and can't do a dang thing with it !

Good for you Heidi! It sounds like you have a couple of schools that you are looking into. When you have it narrowed down to what field you want to go into I would look at which school offers the better program, support from staff (we have 4 schools at my college, the business one is awesome! If we ever had any questions the professors were always there to help or just talk. One of the other schools at the college is having problems with this. So I guess what I'm trying to say is see if you can talk to some students in the field you are going in to see how the professors are), also what is the support from the local businesses?

One thing I just found out about the business school at my college that is awesome, we have one of the top accreditation's (just found out there are different levels) and we compete with the ivy schools. Some of the other things that sets our business school apart from the others is that the local businesses are heavily involved. We have networking nights, they will come and speak to our classes, and they give the school input on what they want from the graduates. Because of this we have had classes added that give us an advantage over other colleges in the area.

I know you will do well! Also do not stress out over having above a 3.0..it is great to get summa cum laud...but employers do not ask anymore what your GPA was, they are more interested in how you perform not that you can memorize information.

Keep us updated Heidi!!!!

I am a student... I do second grade homework every night... lmao

Sorry couldn't resist

I currently am not going to school but when my kids are all in school I really want to go back and get my RN degree. I just dont want to get more student loans to pay for it. My DH wants to go get his Masters degree but he wants to get some of his loan down before he continues on but I think that will be FOREVER and a day

Brandi said:
I am a student... I do second grade homework every night... lmao

Sorry couldn't resist

lol...u are so funny girl :cheerleader:

jennie4pc said:
I currently am not going to school but when my kids are all in school I really want to go back and get my RN degree. I just dont want to get more student loans to pay for it. My DH wants to go get his Masters degree but he wants to get some of his loan down before he continues on but I think that will be FOREVER and a day

I can completly understand about not wanting to take out more loans...but do an estimate on how much more money you will be making when you are done with school and working as an RN (include the sign on bonus) and figure out how long it will take you to pay off the student loan withe the extra income. everything you make after that is a BONUS....it may be worth it to take out the loan

oh...and don't forget the part that is not money...how much more you will be enjoying your new job!!!!!

So I wanted to update this thread with just how well my new gal is doing so far. She signed up on Feb 12th, her 30 days are over on March 24th. She has already submitted 2 shows totally $1424 and just did her 3rd show, it's at $800. Plus she has a couple of friends that she is trying to get to sign up too.
So I took Carolyns advice and ordered a trivet for the gal that refered her. I just wrapped it up really nice and it will be going out to her tomorrow.

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Great update. I love the RUFTH trivet idea.

1. What is the schedule like for full-time students working at Pampered Chef?

The schedule for full-time students working at Pampered Chef is flexible and can be tailored to fit your class schedule. You can work part-time or full-time, depending on your availability. We also offer remote work options for certain positions.

2. Are there any benefits available for full-time student employees at Pampered Chef?

Yes, full-time student employees at Pampered Chef are eligible for a variety of benefits, including health insurance, paid time off, and employee discounts on our products. We also offer a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees.

3. How does Pampered Chef support its full-time student employees in balancing work and school?

At Pampered Chef, we understand the importance of balancing work and school. That's why we offer flexible scheduling options, as well as opportunities for remote work. We also have a supportive and understanding team that will work with you to ensure you can excel in both your job and your studies.

4. Are there opportunities for growth and advancement for full-time student employees at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we believe in investing in our employees and providing opportunities for growth and advancement. Full-time student employees are encouraged to apply for open positions within the company and can also participate in our training and development programs.

5. How can I apply for a full-time student position at Pampered Chef?

You can apply for a full-time student position at Pampered Chef through our careers website or by contacting our Human Resources department. We also attend job fairs at various colleges and universities, so keep an eye out for us on your campus!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • BeaLorene
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies