• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aNew Message Board Addiction (Like We Need Another One!)

In summary, The Grocery Game is a website that provides a list of groceries to buy at a certain store, based on what's on sale and what coupons are available. It is a trial subscription, and the cost per week is $1. People that have been doing it for a while save usually over 67% of their normal grocery bill.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
OK, I was tipped off to join TheGroceryGame.com and they have a message board called terismessageboard.com to discuss deals, tips, you name it. Holy cow! That's where I have been the past couple of days!

I am doing the trial ($1 for 4 weeks) of TGG but then I will keep getting special lists for Giant Eagle and CVS. (It will end up being about $2 per week, not bad for all of the super low prices and FREEBIES they show you how to get!!) They basically do all of the research on sales, coupons, and super bargains and then tell you how to do it! Most people that have been doing it for 3 months+ (they say it takes about 12 weeks to get your stockpile of sale items...then you aren't paying full price for things you can stockpile...) save usually over 67% of their normal grocery bill!

BTW- if you sign up for The Grocery Game, please use my email as the person who referred you! ([email protected])

I've been doing the grocery game for about 18 months now and it is amazing! I'm so happy I do it!

Me, too! Although I usually forget to go grocery shopping, so I don't have the stockpile that I should. :rolleyes:

so they direct you towards you local store???? Can you tell us more or should I just go to that site and read? ( hearing lazy friday brain there??? )

How much time do you spend doing this? Really wouldn't want to do anything that would take away from my Chef Success time.......oops, I mean business time.....yeah, that's what I meant.....:balloon:Another question - is it mostly coupons for boxed convenience and pre-packaged, pre-made foods? Usually when I look at the coupons that I get in the paper, most of them are for packaged foods that I don't buy.

If you go to Grocerygame.com, you can enter your zip code, and the site will tell you which grocery stores in your area they have lists for. Each week, the site will have a list of the groceries you should buy at that store that week. They base the list on what's on sale and what coupons are available, tracked so that things are ACTUALLY on sale, not just pictured in the circular. Once you've done it for a while, you'll have a stockpile of staples, and won't have to buy things except when they're on the list (with the exception of fresh items like milk and produce). A lot of people save HUGE amounts on their groceries!

Thanks... I'm going to check that out!

Becky- it really only takes the time it takes to cut out the coupons from the paper and print the weekly list.Use Kelly's email, or Colleen's or mine as a referral. We can earn free weeks with referrals.

And thanks Kelly... now another room won't get straightened up today! :)
Just Kidding! :)

Oh, yeah- the fun part is seeing the total on the register go down by 60% or more when the cashier scans loyalty cards and coupons. :)

chefann said:
Oh, yeah- the fun part is seeing the total on the register go down by 60% or more when the cashier scans loyalty cards and coupons. :)

Wow - I thought that only happened on television!:D

Unfortunately, they do not have any lists for stores near us. Not fair!

Ok...here is a sale that ALL of you can get in on:

SAVINGS DON'T GET ANY SWEETER THAN THIS SAVE 60% OFF @ Restaurant.com -- Eat. Drink. Save Money.

COUPON CODE: SWEET

OFFER END :OCT 22

Enjoy

I just got two $25 Gift certificates for $8 total!

quiverfull7 said:
And thanks Kelly... now another room won't get straightened up today! :)
Just Kidding! :)
I see you are offline now...does that mean you are cleaning?
Or are you looking at a different site?!?!:rolleyes: :cool: :blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - I thought that only happened on television!:D
People on that message board are talking about getting $60 worth of products at CVS and actually "making" money on the deal!!

Thanks Kelly, I just signed up and put you down for who referred me.

I'm here... and at grocerygame ... how do you print the weekly list after you make your choices?

If you're logged in, there will be an option to View List in the center of the screen. Click on that, and it will pull up the list. Then you can select which items you want to print (so you don't need to print things that you never use - like I don't need to print baby items or medication). Then you just print the page.

I wanna play but, I already have a stockpile(s) :)
We have a huge walk in pantry that is KNEE DEEP in stuff, you can't even walk in there plus 3 freezers, 2 fridges and 3 industrial metal shelves in the garage full. I think my husband would commit me if I joined this!! (or amke me give up my Sams membership)
My family teases me about how I'm such a perfectionist about the entire house being picked up but the pantry I open the door and toss.
when we have parties I set a table up full of drinks and cups there so no one can open it!!

I'm assuming just print with my browser print option then? There's no button to print the page? Is that correct? I can just do a print screen and just get the list without all the extra stuff then I think...

Go to the File menu, and select Print. Just like printing a document in Word. :)

Okay...I've been talking to my husband about this. I'll sign up! Sounds so interesting!

OMG I have been a 'Gamer' since August.
I am so stinken addicted, its not even funny.
These are my stats...
I payed $30 for 5 stores. I buy 2 papers each Sunday=$4 a week
I have shopped every week with MAJOR SAVINGS!!!
I have a family of 6.
This is what my bills 'would be' without GG $1,022.07
Total Out Of Pocket $570.74!
Savings of $451.33
It is soooooooo worth it!!!
And Sooooooooo addicting!!!

Oh wow Melissa! That's so great!

no stores in my area except WalGreens...think I'll pass.

SilverCeladon said:
Oh wow Melissa! That's so great!
Thanks! I really worked it though. Finances were really bad and I *KNEW* I had to do something, this was a God-send!

no stores in my area except WalGreens...think I'll pass.
Try surrounding zip codes that you would be willing to drive to.

TggI just joined tgg a few days ago, but so far, it looks like what i've already been doing. I clip coupons and price match everytime I shop. I'm curious to see if it really saves me any more money when I go buy grocerys this Tuesday.

If there is no store in your area, find out if you can do the list for your area store. My sister does the list for the metro Detroit area Meijer stores. She gets paid and is really happy with it. It takes her about 1 day a week to do the list. Might be something worth looking in to... I'm not sure how much she gets paid, but she really enjoys it!

grocery gameIf I wanted to do this....
should i wait until I have tons of coupons or just start with the appox. 50 I have???

Teresa

You can start right away. One of the nice things is that the lists will indicate which coupons are from which week, and even have the current week's coupons in all caps, so you can determine whether you have them already.

Teresa~

I started right away (only had a limited # of coupons...I only used to clip coupons of products that I normally would buy)

Last week, I only got a few things (2 tubes of FREE toothpaste being two of them...)

and today I went to Giant Eagle (grocery) and got $90 worth of stuff for $49!! Savings of 45%!! Mind you, $22 of my out of pocket was towards stocking up on meat for dinners...so I am VERY happy with my first "real" shopping since doing The Grocery Game!

If you want to wait a couple of weeks and try it, just make sure that you cut and save EVERY coupon that you can find in the mean time! But, you certainly don't have to wait!!

I have heard of this website but I shop at different stores and work at Sprouts so I don't know if it would help my budget that much. I pretty much shop in this order Sprouts - Walmart - Target

I helped turn Kelly on to the game - and it's great. I love it so much! :)

Related to aNew Message Board Addiction (Like We Need Another One!)

1. What is The Grocery Game and how does it work?

The Grocery Game is a website that helps you save money on your grocery bill by providing you with lists of the best deals and coupons for your local stores. The website does all the research for you, making it easy to find and take advantage of the best bargains.

2. How much does it cost to join The Grocery Game?

Currently, there is a trial offer for $1 for 4 weeks. After that, the cost is typically about $2 per week for special lists for stores like Giant Eagle and CVS. This is a small price to pay for the potential savings of over 67% on your grocery bill.

3. How long does it take to see savings with The Grocery Game?

The website recommends giving it about 12 weeks to see significant savings. This is because it takes time to build up a stockpile of sale items, which can then be used to avoid paying full price for those items in the future.

4. What is terismessageboard.com and how does it relate to The Grocery Game?

Terismessageboard.com is a message board associated with The Grocery Game. It is a place for users to discuss deals, share tips, and ask questions about their grocery shopping experiences. It is a great resource for those looking to maximize their savings with The Grocery Game.

5. How can I support the person who referred me to The Grocery Game?

If someone referred you to The Grocery Game, you can support them by using their email as the referral when signing up. This will give them credit for referring you and may even earn them rewards or discounts on their own membership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
genburk
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
Back