1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Alaska asap!!!!

1. cookinthehouse

cookinthehouse Member Silver Member

ok, my cousing is closing her show out and needs final amounts due.. i cannot get p3 to calculate tax or the shipping correctly... anyone that is from ALASKA or has done a show there can you help ASAP

2. Maragib

Maragib Member

There is likely no tax unless she lives in Wasilla or the city of North Pole. Shipping is 15% + 2$ Do you have her zip code right, that always flubs me up. but there you go, hope it helps.

Sep 20, 2009
  3. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

You can check CC for the tax rate for that zip code.

Sep 20, 2009
  4. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I did a catalog show in Alaska and P3 figured the shipping correctly. See above about taxes. My show had no state tax (which is nice as that makes up for the extra shipping costs and my shows items were going to the middle of no where up there)

Sep 20, 2009
  5. mahji

mahji Gold Member

I live in Alaska and do shows here all the time. You can look up the tax rate online, but you should also ask your cousin if she lives in the city or borough limits (I know that Kenai Borough has a tax, Anchorage and Mat-Su do not, but I don't know about other boroughs). Our zip codes are the same either way so P3 has no way to differentiate them. Your cousin should know if she would need to pay tax or not. If not, you can change the tax rate to zero for her order. if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

Sep 21, 2009
  6. cookinthehouse

thanks.... and then of course i get it to work, and i have not updated p3 and now my sys will not allow me to update p3 ugggh.. always something

7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

P3 will also only automatically get the tax rate within a 100 miles from your zip code. Anything else you have to manually enter.

Sep 21, 2009
  8. I know this post is a month old but I was wondering. I have a friend holding a catalog show in Anchorage well Fort Richardson the military post there. I know this is NOT an APO address so nothing to worry about there. But since there is no sales tax but the shipping is 15% + $2 okay I understand that but what is Smart Post and how does that work? Would it be easier for my host that way or the other?

Thanks!

~Heather

Oct 23, 2009
  9. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

SmartPost is a system for mailing things where FedEx delivers the products to a USPS hub, and they complete the delivery from there. HO uses it now for items under 5 pounds, I think. You don't have a choice in whether your items are sent FedEx or SmartPost, HO decides that, and on heavier things it's not more cost efficient.

Oct 23, 2009
  10. leslieprichett

leslieprichett Member

The down side is it takes much longer. It takes 7-10 days versus the normal 2 or 3

11. Maragib

Maragib Member

Not always true. I just placed an add on order to my host's recent show to try out SmartPost. The order was shipped on Wednesday and I got it today(friday). My host's order is not scheduled to arrive until Monday. Not sure where the glitch was of if there was, but I was happy! Also- it was delivered by a different Fedex person than usually delivers to my area. I went back in to P3 to confirm that I had checked SmartPost and I had.
    Also - for Alaska the SmartPost takes away that extra $5 that they charge on top of the direct shipping costs. and it is an option for us, chosen by the consultant, not chosen by HO.

Oct 24, 2009
  12. cookinthehouse

i closed the show on 10/31.. which was a Wed and they recvd their products that Saturday.... pretty fast service to me!!

13. Maragib

Maragib Member

Did you use the smartpost shipping option or just the regular 15% + $2? Just wondering if smartpost will work fast for other orders in Ak too. Mara

Nov 5, 2009
Have something to add?