• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Airport Transfers: What's Best Way to /From?

In summary, the person is seeking expert opinions on airport transfers as they are expensive. They will be arriving at O'Hare on Sunday and are looking for the easiest way to travel to the Palmer House Hilton. One person suggests sharing a cab or taking a shuttle, while another suggests taking the blue line train. The person also asks about nearby grocery or drug stores and mentions a possible McDonald's for breakfast. Another person mentions taking the orange line from Midway to the Adams/Wabash stop to get to the Palmer House.
ooshmeister
I've been reading all past posts and wanted your expert opinions on airport transfers. They seem very expensive. My hubbie and I will be flying in Sunday 7/16 at about 7:35am Ohare. Wanted to get your ideas about easiest way to travel ...to Palmer House Hilton. WOOHOO...only 6 days to go!

:)
TIA

I am arriving in O'Hare at 7 am and we can share a cab over there if you like. Otherwise, there should be a shuttle we can take, although it might make stops at many different hotels. It could take over 30 minutes to get to the hotel.

Let me know what you think. You can email me if you want to talk about it more in-depth.

Take the blue line train. Very cheap and close.

Get off at the Monroe/Dearborn stop, walk a block east (towards the lake) to State St, cross to the east sidewalk and go south about 1/2 block and you are there!

I will be staying at the Palmer House, and arriving at Midway. Are the BLUE
LINE instructions the same as coming from O'Hare that you gave in Post #3???

Do you know if there is a grocery or drug store real close to the Palmer House
where we could pick up snack items and sodas, rather than bring from home on the plane? I cannot imagine carrying cans of soda in my luggage. Is there a McDonalds near the Palmer House for a fast breakfast, if there is such a thing with all of us there, hungry!

Anyone landing at OHare around 11:30am on the 16th that wants to share a cab to the Sheraton? I know the Hotel-run shuttle is $34 per person - ouch...so I'm trying to find a cheaper way...

Midway to Palmer House
Grandmarita said:
I will be staying at the Palmer House, and arriving at Midway. Are the BLUE
LINE instructions the same as coming from O'Hare that you gave in Post #3???

Do you know if there is a grocery or drug store real close to the Palmer House
where we could pick up snack items and sodas, rather than bring from home on the plane? I cannot imagine carrying cans of soda in my luggage. Is there a McDonalds near the Palmer House for a fast breakfast, if there is such a thing with all of us there, hungry!

i just checked the Palmer House website it says "from MIDWAY ,TAKE THE ORANGE LINE INTO DOWNTOWN GET OFF @ ADAMS/WABASH STOP.THE PALMER HOUSE IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF WABASH AVE.

Seems simple enough.Hope it is!!!:eek:

1. What are airport transfers?

Airport transfers refer to the transportation service that takes you to or from the airport. It can include various modes of transportation such as taxis, shuttles, private cars, or public transportation.

2. What is the best way to get from the airport to my hotel?

The best way to get from the airport to your hotel depends on your budget, group size, and preferences. Some popular options include taking a taxi, using a shuttle service, renting a car, or using public transportation.

3. How much do airport transfers usually cost?

The cost of airport transfers can vary depending on the mode of transportation, distance, and location. On average, taxi rides can cost around $20-$40, while shuttle services can range from $10-$25 per person. Private cars and limousine services tend to be more expensive, while public transportation is usually the most affordable option.

4. Do I need to book airport transfers in advance?

It is recommended to book your airport transfers in advance, especially if you have specific preferences or are traveling during peak seasons. This ensures you have a confirmed reservation and can avoid any last-minute hassles. However, some services also offer on-the-spot bookings at the airport.

5. Can I request for additional stops during my airport transfer?

Yes, you can request for additional stops during your airport transfer, but it may incur an extra fee. It is best to inform the service beforehand about any additional stops you may need to make. This will ensure smooth and timely transportation to your desired destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies