• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment

In summary, the speaker shares a recent experience of being involved in a car accident caused by someone running a red light. They had to call their ex and go through the process of getting estimates and repairs. However, they are grateful that everyone involved was unharmed. They also mention the importance of wearing seat belts and trusting a reliable mechanic.
PurpleAngel
Gold Member
OK, here goes nothing....

On the way home tonight, after picking up my son and one of his friends (for some play time) after school. Some gal runs a red light a side swipes me....aaaahhhhhh. If that's not bad enough, I have to call my ex (mumblling not so nice words) and let hiim know what happened.

Everyone came out of it with no injuries...not even a bump (hey...seat belts really do work). My van is still driveable (only a small dent in the front quater panel - driver side). Most of the inpact hit my tire...that being said....I really need an alignment now.

Fortuantly...I am best friends with my son's friends mom (she recruited me...lol) I called her...and she came right over and took the kids to my house...

Now, I have to go though all steps...getting estimates, etc... But tomorrow for sure...I need and alignment..........BAD....

eewww... I hate accidents. But so glad to hear that everyone was o.k. and that it was not your fault! And yes, seatbelts do work... when they are used, that is!

Sorry that happened. Glad everyone is okay. Yes, it's a pain to do all the legwork after something like that, though.
Why did you have to call your ex?

Glad to hear you're ok!!! I hope it's not too much of a pain to go through that whole process with estimates and repairs!

Glad everyone is okay!

Glad you are all ok...that is the most important part!!

Hope you feel well today...sometimes the impact "hits" us the next day or so!!

Wow, that was a close one, I am sure it could have been worse.

I hit a curb once (and my DH won't let me live it down) and I need more then an alignment. Make sure you trust your mechanic. I think I had $2500 in damage. At least you can get insurance to pay for it, I didnt put in a claim, so I had to pay it.

Good luck and glad all are safe.

(((((((Jessie))))))))
I am glad you're all ok...but what a pain in the butt...and I totally know what you mean about the dreaded but necessary call to the ex.

Related to After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment

What happened to cause the "After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment"?

The "After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment" is a common issue that can occur when children play with or mishandle kitchen tools, causing them to become misaligned and potentially dangerous to use. This can happen with any type of kitchen tool, from knives to utensils to appliances.

How can I prevent the "After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment"?

To prevent the "After School Mishap Leads to Need for Alignment," it is important to educate children on proper handling and use of kitchen tools. This includes teaching them to always use kitchen tools under adult supervision and to not play with them as toys. Additionally, regularly inspecting and maintaining kitchen tools can help prevent misalignments.

What should I do if I notice a misalignment in my kitchen tool?

If you notice a misalignment in your kitchen tool, it is important to stop using it immediately and have it repaired or replaced. Continuing to use a misaligned kitchen tool can be dangerous and may cause further damage to the tool.

Can I fix a misaligned kitchen tool myself?

It is not recommended to try to fix a misaligned kitchen tool yourself, as this can be dangerous and may cause further damage to the tool. It is best to have a professional or the manufacturer repair or replace the tool.

What steps should I take to maintain my kitchen tools and prevent misalignments?

To maintain your kitchen tools and prevent misalignments, it is important to regularly inspect and clean them. This includes checking for any cracks or misalignments, sharpening knives, and ensuring all parts are securely attached. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and storage of the tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Careyann