• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Affordable DIY Business Cards: Get Your Opinion on My Cost-Saving Attempt

In summary, creating DIY business cards has several benefits, including cost savings and more control over design and content. It is recommended to use thick, high-quality paper for a professional look. To ensure a professional appearance, pay attention to design elements and consider using a template or hiring a designer. Important elements to include on business cards are name, job title, company name and logo, contact information, and optional social media handles. To save money on printing, consider printing at home or using a printing service with affordable rates, and opt for black and white printing or simple designs.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I am trying to cut corners financially so I attempted to make my own business cards. Can you let me know what you think? Thanks.

Attachments

• Cards I created.doc
    84 KB · Views: 450
very cute!

I LOVE THEM...They are great.

Hey Kristin - great job, but if you are really cutting costs, you can probably order some from Vista Print for cheaper than you can print them yourself!

They turn out very professional looking too!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hey Kristin - great job, but if you are really cutting costs, you can probably order some from Vista Print for cheaper than you can print them yourself!

They turn out very professional looking too!

That is a good point, until you pay for the ink and blank cards plus your time is worth something. I printed mine for a while but I like to buy them now, it was taking too much ink and my printer is expensive to ink.

I have Corel Draw and print my own business cards, too. So far it's not been too bad.Kristin, I would try to do more of a business card format (hard to explain, I know). I also added tiny verbiage on mine about "Discounts for hosts, fundraisers, etc."

kristin
those look great

i agree with the ink cost for color especially if your printer has 1 cartridge for all 3 colors

i print mine on patterned cards with black ink
i also refill my own cartridges its so easy and so much cheaper

but vista print is wonderful as well

Thanks. I like Vistaprint but thought I could try my own.

Related to Affordable DIY Business Cards: Get Your Opinion on My Cost-Saving Attempt

1. What are the benefits of creating DIY business cards?

Creating DIY business cards can save you money and give you more control over the design and content of your cards. It can also be a fun and creative project that allows you to showcase your personality and brand.

2. Can I use any type of paper for my DIY business cards?

While you can use any type of paper for your business cards, it is recommended to use a thick and high-quality paper that will make your cards look more professional. You can also consider using cardstock or glossy paper for a more polished look.

3. How can I ensure that my DIY business cards look professional?

To ensure that your DIY business cards look professional, make sure to use high-quality materials and pay attention to the design elements such as font, spacing, and alignment. You can also consider using a template or hiring a graphic designer to help you create a polished design.

4. Are there any important elements that should be included on my business cards?

Yes, there are a few essential elements that should be included on your business cards, such as your name, job title, company name and logo, contact information (phone number, email, website), and social media handles (optional). You can also consider adding a tagline or a brief description of your services.

5. How can I save money on printing my DIY business cards?

To save money on printing your DIY business cards, you can consider printing them at home using a high-quality printer or using a printing service that offers affordable rates for small quantities. You can also opt for black and white printing or use a simple design to save on ink costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amgreen66
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kristenccooks
  • J.Corley