• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A/P/C/S: What Are the Other Uses?

In summary, this product is great for a variety of purposes, including for making "mushroom" potatoes.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I love this product and I use it all the time in the Fall. Has anyone peeled potatoes or anything else using this? I haven't been able to remove the corer to do potatoes yet. I may have to get my hsuband to do it. Anyway, what other uses have you found for it?

curly fries with potatoes!!
and my kids like "apple snakes" - i peel th eapple - give them the apple to eat while I take the snake of the peel, toss i tin a ziploc with some jello powder (any flvor) and bake at 250 til they are all shiney...let them cool and they are healthy gummy worms!

I borrowed one from my director recently and fell in love with it! I am getting one in my 4th month...kit enhancement. The only thing...I may have to make a cover for the peeling blade when I transport it. I have cut myself 2X.(once through my fingernail!!)Yes I am that talented...lol!

Anyway, one of my hosts just asked me to do a recipe that she used to do....she is a former PC consultant....that has potatoes,cheese and onion(?).
Anyone have a clue of what this is?
Melissa

Does anyone have trouble getting the core off the spokes? Hmmmm... never thought of a cover but that's a great idea. My husband came home with a little knife from worth the other day with a big chunk of styrofome stuck on the blade. Would that work as a cover?

Humm -- maybe I should read the U&C card. I had no idea the corer was removable and always wondered by anyone would use the APCS on potatos! I love this website - I always learn something new.

for cheesy potatoes:
1 bag hashbrowns
2 cups cheddar cheese
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken
onion for flavoring

mix all together (i find it easier to mix the sour cream and cream of chicken first, then add potatoes and onion, then cheese)

bake at 350 for 45-60 min

this is really good....and bake in a 9x13 pan

yes i use it to peel potatoes. it doesn't get in where the eyes are so bits of peel are left. not enough to bother cutting it off though. I just leave the corer blade in place because i am going to cut them anyway.unless you are using them for potatoe salad the smaller pieces are better because they cook faster.

i have never tried it before, but i have heard you can also use it for cucumbers?

I use it for pears when a friend gives them to us form her tree and I make pear butter it doesn't get them perfect but good enough when you are canning that a quick swipe of a knife gets the remaining peel.
I leave the "coring" part up and stuff my potatoes with a peeled carrot for my roasts or throw the centers on my cutting board & use FC for hash browns.
I've also used it for onions to make the strings to fry.
Teresa

"Mushroom" PotatoesOnly do HALF of the potato. When you take it off, it looks like a mushroom (core is the stem, remaining half is the top). Really cute in pot roasts, etc.

Okay... one thing I never figured out was how to only peel... not cut... what part do I move out of the way to prevent it from slicing?

Easy to doWith you APCS, you should have received a little wrench looking type thing. That is what you use to remove the part that slices (has the hole at the top).

I hope that makes sense...

Okay... I remember now! Do you remove it all the way or just swing it down?

You can do either.

But if it were me, I'd just swing it out of the way. That way I'd be less likely to lose the piece. :)

That's an excellent point! You must know me??? :)

I use it for smashed potatoes! I LOVE smashed potatoes and you can peel/core/slice them and then throw them right into the pot! It leaves just a hint of skin so they look all gourmet, but not too much! I had an 11 year old peel/core/slice 15 pounds of potatoes for Thanksgiving last year!

geez after reading this I HAVE to buy one!

dannyzmom said:
curly fries with potatoes!!
and my kids like "apple snakes" - i peel th eapple - give them the apple to eat while I take the snake of the peel, toss i tin a ziploc with some jello powder (any flvor) and bake at 250 til they are all shiney...let them cool and they are healthy gummy worms!

Wow, see you DO cook some interesting things! I want to try this. :)

AJPratt said:
I love this product and I use it all the time in the Fall. Has anyone peeled potatoes or anything else using this? I haven't been able to remove the corer to do potatoes yet. I may have to get my hsuband to do it. Anyway, what other uses have you found for it?

Someone at a show told me they peel ONIONS for onion rings. :)

If anyone gets the center out, please tell me how. Is it difficult? Difficult to put back?

How do you guys clean yours? I use really hot water right afterwards.

melissakc said:
I borrowed one from my director recently and fell in love with it! I am getting one in my 4th month...kit enhancement. The only thing...I may have to make a cover for the peeling blade when I transport it. I have cut myself 2X.(once through my fingernail!!)Yes I am that talented...lol!

Anyway, one of my hosts just asked me to do a recipe that she used to do....she is a former PC consultant....that has potatoes,cheese and onion(?).
Anyone have a clue of what this is?
Melissa

I set mine up so the blade is equal to the round thing at the end (the "O" that cores) ~ so the blade goes no further and doesn't cut us. Then wrap the entire thing in a plastic grocery bag. I have it permanently on the stand too.

I had one I bought as a customer about 4 years ago, loved it..and the military moving people...STOLE IT!! I know because they left the little wooden stand, where it was connected, and too the A/P/C/S! I was so pi**ed!!! Nothing I can do about it, but I need to order me a new one!!

I make Curly Fries. I use the long baking potatoes( idaho?) I look for evenly shaped ones. I peel core and slice about 4 or 5. I bake them on the lg bar pan, putting the end over the lip of the pan (make sense?) now they are stretched out lengthwise over the pan. Spritz with olive oil and season. bake at 450° for about 20 mins. I cut the "cores" into coins (thin slices) ans scatter them on the pan between the curls. Enjoy!

What a great idea! I'm going to try that!

I love potatoes. I can't wait to peel my mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving...don't hear that too often! Why do we even have a veggie peeler?! I use my zester on cukes and I don't peel carrots when I use the non-baby ones! The skin is good for you...Holly (my husky dawg) LOVES the peels from the apples. She looks so cute when I give her one and she slurps it down like spaghetti!

Okay.. so lets see if I read those posts right..
You can use the APCS to:

peel, core and slice
peel only

I reread it twice.. can you use it to peel and core but NOT slice? I have a customer obesessed with apple dumplings right now and wants to buy one if it will peel and core the apple.. but not slice it.. Should she instead use it to peel and then use the corer? She was going to buy one of ours but went to walmart and found one there for $4..

Related to A/P/C/S: What Are the Other Uses?

1. How do I use A/P/C/S for cooking and baking?

A/P/C/S, also known as All-Purpose Baking Blend, can be used in place of flour in most recipes. It is a gluten-free blend made from rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch. Simply substitute it in a 1:1 ratio for regular flour in your recipes.

2. Can A/P/C/S be used for thickening sauces and gravies?

Yes, A/P/C/S can be used as a thickening agent for sauces, gravies, and soups. Just mix it with a small amount of cold water to create a slurry, then add it to your hot liquid and stir until thickened.

3. Is A/P/C/S suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, A/P/C/S is a gluten-free and dairy-free option, making it suitable for individuals with celiac disease or lactose intolerance. It is also free of nuts and soy, making it a good option for those with allergies.

4. Can A/P/C/S be used in non-food applications?

Yes, A/P/C/S has many non-food uses. It can be used as a thickening agent in homemade beauty products, as a substitute for baby powder, and as a dry shampoo for pets. It can also be used to coat pans and prevent sticking when baking.

5. How should A/P/C/S be stored?

A/P/C/S should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight. It is best to keep it in an airtight container to maintain freshness. It can also be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for longer shelf life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefetteDuJour