• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do Apple Slices Look Like Coming From A/P/C/S?

In summary, the A/P/C/S is a slicer that is used for making apple slices. They are thin and break apart easily. It takes out maybe an inch for the core, so they are more like rings. They are used for apple pies, and the APCS is a great tool for the Taffy Apple Pizza recipe.
ChefJoyJ
I do not have the A/P/C/S and have never seen it used. However, PC has tons of recipes using it. I would love to know, for reference sake, what the slices look like... Are they thin? Thick? Sliced length (like wedges) or width (like rings)?

Help! :)

ChefJoyJ said:
I do not have the A/P/C/S and have never seen it used. However, PC has tons of recipes using it. I would love to know, for reference sake, what the slices look like... Are they thin? Thick? Sliced length (like wedges) or width (like rings)?

Help! :)

If you have ever seen a Slinkie, thats what it looks like, but it breaks apart easily. They look like rings(like if you got a can of sliced pineapple) and they are about 1/4-1/2 inch thick....HTH

I made apple crisp 2 weeks ago and it was so yummy! All of the apple slices cook evenly because they are the same size. You can slice potatoes too...great on the grill wrapped in foil with butter and onion.
Deb

LOVE my A/P/C/S!! I hosted my first PC show to get it free, and I'm so glad I did. I use it for apple cakes, pies, etc, and the kids love to eat the little slices, too. They are pretty thin, but there was a thick slicer that you could get in the past, that you could probably find from someone on here (or sometimes it's on the outlet). HTH!

I've had mine for several years and I LOVE the way that it slices apples for apple pie. I make apple pie every year around this time and it's the best!

My favorite memory is my son passing by the Ho Ho's and other processed snacks carrying the A/P/C/S saying "Appo, appo. I want appo." I still make sure we never run out of "appo's" 10 yrs later. That peeler made eating healthy so much fun for my kids.

Ginger's Slinky reference is a really good description. Except, Slinky has an inside diameter that could fit on a child's wrist like a bracelet.
The A/P/C/S only takes out maybe an inch for the core, so it would be more like a stacked ring for your index finger.
If I don't get called into work tomorrow, I'll try to post a photo for you.

hmm, I just thought to google image the phrase 'pampered chef apple peeler'
and these are the best results
http://chickenblog.com/images/forpie2.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/92342244_8268cfa070_m.jpg

Ginger428 said:
If you have ever seen a Slinkie, thats what it looks like, but it breaks apart easily. They look like rings(like if you got a can of sliced pineapple) and they are about 1/4-1/2 inch thick....HTH

I don't remember them being quite that thick, 1/4 inch would be the thickest, but I'm thinking not even that thick....

So yummy when sliced with this bulky/ugly tool. I'll peel it and my kids like to eat the peeling calling it the "worm." VERY thin slices. Using tonight at a show for apple crisp. 17 guest!

beepampered said:
So yummy when sliced with this bulky/ugly tool. I'll peel it and my kids like to eat the peeling calling it the "worm." VERY thin slices. Using tonight at a show for apple crisp. 17 guest!

My kids love to eat the peel too, I never think to get it out unless I'm making a pie, I need to get it out more often...

My kids start in on the peel the second it starts coming off the apple. I have two just in case because we use it so often.

My kids went through a 5lb bag of apples in a day and a half when I first got mine. They had that thing going every chance they got.

I got the thicker slicer to go with it too, but I'm not sure where. I think a yard sale maybe.

Saturday Gourmet said:
My kids went through a 5lb bag of apples in a day and a half when I first got mine. They had that thing going every chance they got. I got the thicker slicer to go with it too, but I'm not sure where. I think a yard sale maybe.

Whoa...now there's a lot of fiber intake. :D hehe

The APCS is awesome for doing the Taffy Apple Pizza recipe. Surely an oldie but goodie as it is oh so yummy! I had it at my first show 11yrs ago and just had it at a show last week. Not a crumb left.

1. What are A/P/C/S apple slices?

A/P/C/S apple slices are thin, evenly cut slices of apple that are perfect for snacking or baking. They are typically cut using an apple peeler, corer, and slicer tool from Pampered Chef.

2. What do A/P/C/S apple slices look like?

A/P/C/S apple slices are round in shape with a small circular core in the center. They are usually about 1/4 inch thick and have a smooth, uniform appearance.

3. How do I use the Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, and slicer to make A/P/C/S apple slices?

To use the Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, and slicer, first secure the tool to a flat surface using the suction base. Then, place the apple on the prongs and turn the handle to peel, core, and slice the apple all at once. The result will be A/P/C/S apple slices.

4. What types of apples are best for making A/P/C/S apple slices?

Crisp and firm apples, such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, or Gala, are best for making A/P/C/S apple slices. Softer apples may not hold their shape as well during the slicing process.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, and slicer for other fruits besides apples?

Yes, the Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, and slicer can also be used for other fruits such as pears or peaches. However, the results may vary depending on the size and texture of the fruit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • jkinak
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
zmom58