• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2011 Countdown to National Conference

or both...depending on the situation.This will be my 3rd year going to conference and I get sooooooooooo excited when I see Rae's countdown. For everyone - please take the time to read her posts as the information is priceless! :DThank you, Linda.Noora, I'll miss your smiling face.
I am having my gall bladder out tomorrow, then conference on Thursday. I might pack my bag for conference tonight. I have so much to do. I have 4 kids (5 if you count my husband) and I am trying to thing of every thing for all of them. Its too much!!!!

DebinCincy said:
I am having my gall bladder out tomorrow, then conference on Thursday. I might pack my bag for conference tonight. I have so much to do. I have 4 kids (5 if you count my husband) and I am trying to thing of every thing for all of them. Its too much!!!!

Oh DebinCincy I'll be praying for you! I hope everything goes well.

thank you!
I am getting nervous. This is my first surgery ever.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think the cheerleader has ever worked. :(

I love reading all of these planning tips, but in reality - I am a totally fly by the seat of my pants type of person. I will be figuring out what to bring, and doing laundry and packing the morning of the the 6th in order to leave that afternoon. Because that's how I roll. :eek:

I did this other years, but this year my house is the meeting place, so I want to have it relatively clean, which means cleaning is what I will do night before and that morning. With 3 kids, it is necessary for that to be the last thing I do .. it wont last long.

I just checked the weather for Chicago during the Conference. Upper 70's for the high. I could use that right now with 90's + heat index = unbearable. I might need to think about layering with sleeves for the evening chill (60's).

jbondr said:
I just checked the weather for Chicago during the Conference. Upper 70's for the high. I could use that right now with 90's + heat index = unbearable. I might need to think about layering with sleeves for the evening chill (60's).

Don't tease me!! That would be so nice....

Today is July 1. There are only 6 days left until the start of National Conference!

Check out the weather report for Chicago. This will help you narrow down your packing choices. One place you can check is: National Maps - NOAA's National Weather Service (If you’re having trouble with that link, the address is weather.gov.)

JBONDR, you must have had a psychic moment. This was my planned post for today. :D

This will be so much better than last year! When it was in the 90's waiting for the megabus at the end of conference....it was not pretty!

jbondr said:

That's only true, Janeen, if you believe weather people. LOL!

DH was telling me this morning he saw triple digits predicted during our time there. Hello - I'm trying to get away from triple digits so I really hope whichever weatherman said that is wrong!

chefa said:
DH was telling me this morning he saw triple digits predicted during our time there. Hello - I'm trying to get away from triple digits so I really hope whichever weatherman said that is wrong!

That would not be fun.

I'm enjoying your countdown and all the tips. One thing we should all do--bring an umbrella! That way, we will be sure that it won't rain :D

raebates said:
JBONDR, you must have had a psychic moment. This was my planned post for today. :D

Let's just (modestly) say great minds think alike:)

jbondr said:
Let's just (modestly) say great minds think alike:)

Oh, if you're starting to think like me you're in big trouble.

It was SO hot last year...and I was 7 months preggers - on the shuttle back to the airport, there was no AC and we got stuck in traffic...I sincerely thought I was going to pass out.
We have topped 65 a couple time here in Alaska, so upper 70s sounds perfect :) So looking forward to some SUN!

Today is July 2. There are only 5 days left until the start of National Conference!

If you haven’t already done so, start packing now. It will give you time to remember the little things that may have slipped your mind. Don’t pack right into your suitcase, though. Lay everything out so you can see it. This way you’ll be less likely to over pack. For items that should be hanging on hangers until the last moment, gather them together. Section off a spot in your closet just for those items.

Now decide how you’ll pack. Rolling clothes is popular. I prefer stacking everything with plastic in between and folding it gently together (shopping bags work well and can be used later). I’ll be using a garment bag, for my more wrinkle-prone items.

Just typical luck for me. While running errands yesterday I forgot about picking up my shirts at the cleaners. They don't reopen till Tuesday after I'm already at the airport. Guess I'm going shirt shopping today.

Rae - are you going to post any tips about checking for and avoiding bed bugs? Such as don't put your suitcase on the bed b/c it's a good way for the bugs to jump on board and come home with you. Check under the sheets for signs of infestation.

becca_in_md said:
rae - are you going to post any tips about checking for and avoiding bed bugs? Such as don't put your suitcase on the bed b/c it's a good way for the bugs to jump on board and come home with you. Check under the sheets for signs of infestation.

triple dog blech!!

Nope, Becca. You've covered that well. And, I prefer not to think about what might be lurking. Eewww.

Today is July 3. There are only 4 days left until the start of National Conference!

Don’t forget your meds and vitamins. As a diabetic, I take several prescription meds and a whole passel of vitamins and supplements. If you have regular medications you take, make sure to take plenty with you. These are not things you’ll want to put in your checked baggage if you’re flying. I always make sure to take an extra day’s supply just in case something happens to delay my return.

I’m serious about the vitamins, too. If you’re used to taking a daily multi-vitamin, you’ll want to continue that even at NC. A tiny zippered bag would hold enough to get you through NC and would fit in just about any purse or bag.

ChefCKHall said:
triple dog blech!!

TOTALLY!!!

Now I want to pitch a tent and sleep in the park! Maybe I'll pack an air mattress.

I'm totally creeped out now.

Yuck, hadn't thought about those nasty little buggers! Brings new meaning to the old saying, "sleep tight and don't get the bedbugs bite"! :-D

chefa said:
Yuck, hadn't thought about those nasty little buggers! Brings new meaning to the old saying, "sleep tight and don't get the bedbugs bite"! :-D

If I bring a small can of Lysol and spray the heck out of the bed before touching it or putting anything on it, am I safe then?

I don't think Lysol will do anything to them. If you find bugs in the bed, don't touch anything - not even the walls - and get a different room on a different floor, preferably several floors away.

Im sleeping on an air mattress with my own sheets and blankets... So I dont need to worry to much over bed bugs this was our way of saving on the hotel room squese more it in.. lol

Today is July 4. There are only 3 days left until the start of National Conference!

Happy Independence Day!

Have you checked the fridge? This would be a great day to make note of anything that’s gotten low after your celebrations so that you can pick those things up. You don’t want their memory of your NC trip to be that there was no milk for their morning cereal. This will also give you an opportunity to pick up those healthy snacks you’re going to take along. You can unpack them from the grocery bags right into your suitcase so no one else will be tempted to eat them.

raebates said:
Today is July 4. There are only 3 days left until the start of National Conference!

Happy Independence Day!

Have you checked the fridge? This would be a great day to make note of anything that’s gotten low after your celebrations so that you can pick those things up. You don’t want their memory of your NC trip to be that there was no milk for their morning cereal. This will also give you an opportunity to pick up those healthy snacks you’re going to take along. You can unpack them from the grocery bags right into your suitcase so no one else will be tempted to eat them.

I am so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law who is not only taking care of my little guy for me while I'm gone, but she is also feeding both of my men dinner Wed, Thurs, and Fri!
I have packed lunches planned for the little guy to take with him to Grandma's house, and so DH only has to worry about lunches for himself (which he usually does anyway) and breakfast for them both. That's easy - I'm baking high protein blueberry muffins, and the fridge is stocked with yogurt, and I'm making a batch of soaked oat porridge for them to heat up if they want cereal. Right now I have a 9x13 pan of Chocolate Chip Blondies in the oven, and that should be enough for them to last through the week for a snack.

ChefBeckyD said:
I am so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law who is not only taking care of my little guy for me while I'm gone, but she is also feeding both of my men dinner Wed, Thurs, and Fri!
I have packed lunches planned for the little guy to take with him to Grandma's house, and so DH only has to worry about lunches for himself (which he usually does anyway) and breakfast for them both. That's easy - I'm baking high protein blueberry muffins, and the fridge is stocked with yogurt, and I'm making a batch of soaked oat porridge for them to heat up if they want cereal. Right now I have a 9x13 pan of Chocolate Chip Blondies in the oven, and that should be enough for them to last through the week for a snack.

Can you share your blueberry muffin recipe?

wadesgirl said:
Can you share your blueberry muffin recipe?
Here is the link. It's a new recipe that I'm trying, but I've been baking quite a bit with coconut flour and really like it. The changes I'll be making are to use honey instead of agave, and I'll also use coconut oil in place of the grapeseed oil. ***The properties of coconut flour are such that you can't really substitute a different flour though, without majorly changing the rest of the recipe too.http://www.elanaspantry.com/blueberry-muffins/

akrebecca said:
The Sheraton had some listings from 2010. Fingers crossed they got it cleared up.

Not the Sheraton that is a Conference Hotel:
"301 E North Water St
Chicago, IL 60611-4318
There are no bedbug encounters on record for this address."

Whew! Thanks for double checking that Carolyn!

Can someone from the Chicago area explain what some of our relatives (from the Chicago area) are trying to warn us about? They said that if we see a large group of teens to turn around and go the other way. Anyone know anything about that?

I think they're talking about flash mobs that have been vandalizing and beating people up. I wasn't really paying attention when it was on the national news (I'm not in IL).

Today is July 7. There are only 2 days left until the start of National Conference!

Clear my camera’s SD card so I’ll have plenty of room for pictures. Check.

Extra batteries for camera. Check.

Sticky note on luggage reminding me to grab my cell phone charger. Check.

Don’t forget to make sure you’re set for all of your electronic gadgets. If you pay roaming charges with your cell plan, you might check to see if you can add Chicago to your plan for just a few days. It could save you a bundle.

Becca_in_MD said:
I think they're talking about flash mobs that have been vandalizing and beating people up. I wasn't really paying attention when it was on the national news (I'm not in IL).

Yes thats what they are talking about. I haven't heard any in the last couple weeks, but I'm in the suburbs. It's like any big city, stay alert and stay in groups in the evening.

Hmm...I thought today was July 5th.

she's so excited she's already in Chicago mentally :)

lol I forgot my charger for phone! had to be another. I am already having great fun in chicago with my new found buddy Laurie! :) We went to the field and it was awesome!

My wife and I are here at the Hilton already. Took a rickshaw ride through the park.
Is it ok to put our cell number on here?

ChefShalon said:
lol I forgot my charger for phone! had to be another. I am already having great fun in chicago with my new found buddy Laurie! :) We went to the field and it was awesome!

laurie garza-carl?

kristina16marie said:
laurie garza-carl?

Probably! That girl gets around :) Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Kristina! Laurie said maybe Navy Pier. Do you know if she's thinking of walking there from the Hilton or cabbing it?

DANG! I hate it when people are having fun without me...... :)

For those on a budget, I was told that you can walk out by the lake near the hotel (Hilton) and see the fireworks.

We are leaving in 10 hours and I am so excited I can't sleep! Thank goodness I am not driving first :)
I haven't been on much (busy with the kids and business) but I have my button and I am ready to meet all of you terrific people!!
Look out Chicago, here WE come!!Jan (staying at the Hilton):sing:

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views