• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What I Did With My Trifle This Weekend...

In summary, a layered Taco Salad was made at a weekend show using various tools such as a traveling burner, mix n chop, garlic press, can opener, egg slicer, salad chopper, colander bowl, and tomato knife. The salad was topped with crushed tortilla chips and sour cream using an Easy Accent Decorator. A dessert was also made using the torte pan and included raspberries and shaved chocolate. The trifle bowl was used to create a beautiful and delicious dessert with lemon cake, vanilla pudding, cool whip, strawberry glaze, and starfruit. The idea to use the trifle bowl for a 7 layer salad was also shared.
lilscrapmama
At this weekends show, I made a layered Taco Salad!
The guests LOVED it!! I used SOOO many tools too! AND IT WAS EASY!
I cooked the meat on a single traveling burner (cookware)
Mix n chop for meat...had guest come chop it :)
Garlic press for garlic in meat
Can opener for olives
Egg slicer plus for olives
Salad Chopperlettuce
small colendar bowl for salad
Tomatoe knive tomatoes and avacadoes
Lots of simple additions to put extra stuff in for in between layers..
Bakers rollerI put torilla chips in a baggie & rolled over it to evenly crush them, worked great!!!
Easy Accent Decorator for the sour cream on top...looked pretty!
I had a ton of cheese already grated for the show, and put it in the large bowl that comes w/ the colendar.
I put southwest seasoninng in the meat and then again ontop of the salad when it was finished. The guest were so impressed with the layers of color and the stand for the trifle...and the lid :)
I also made the Ras. Dream Torte recipe that comes w/ the torte pan,,... YUM YUM YUM, everyone loved it!!! Drizzle rasbperry around the edge of the cake and put some shaved chocolate curls on top...another WOWer :) ;)
i know i probably mispelled a lot in this thread, im half asleep, but wanted to share :D

WowTHat sounds delicious and beautiful. I have got to try that for an upcoming bible study at my house for the women at church. They love taco salads and who doesn't want to eat pretty food??
That dessert sounds so yummy!! I have been wanting to try that new Rum cake recipe in the SB but since this recipe you mentioned comes with the pan I will try that first.

Thanks for the info.

Debbie :D

This is very similar to the 7 layer Southwestern Salad, and I've been putting that in the trifle bowl at my shows. I add either cooked chicken or hamburger meat (flavored w/taco seasoning), and the guests LOVE it. It makes for a really pretty demonstration of the trifle bowl. Great idea!

lilscrapmama said:
At this weekends show, I made a layered Taco Salad!
The guests LOVED it!! I used SOOO many tools too! AND IT WAS EASY!
I cooked the meat on a single traveling burner (cookware)

I also made the Ras. Dream Torte recipe that comes w/ the torte pan,,... YUM YUM YUM, everyone loved it!!! Drizzle rasbperry around the edge of the cake and put some shaved chocolate curls on top...another WOWer :) ;)
i know i probably mispelled a lot in this thread, im half asleep, but wanted to share :D

Do you think the trifle would be good for the 7-layer salad? I've been debating on weither or not to buy the lg SA bowl for this or to use the trifle. I'm also thinking about doing a torte so both sets can be used.

See this is what happens when you dont read ALL the post before replying LOL

That's awesome thanks for sharing! I tried out my trifle bowl for the first time this weekend too! I love it...it only took a half hour to put together with the micro cake in the micro rice cooker! I used Lemon cake, vanilla pudding, cool whip, strawberry glaze, and starfruits. It came out really nice and the star shapes around the inside of the bowl really set it off! I know what I'm doing for all our family get togethers from now on! Can't wait to try the taco salad!:D

What book is the 7 layered salad in? I've never made it but I bet it would be good in the trifle.

If you're referring to the 7 layer salad, then it's in the Super Salads recipe cards. I think it's a file on here as well. HTH

OOOOOOOOH what a fun idea! Maybe that will be my June recipe!!

Mmm, that sounds GOOD. I think I'll have to make that next time I go to a potluck or picnic! What order did you layer the ingredients in?

Last edited:

What can I make with my trifle this weekend?

Trifles are versatile desserts that can be made in many different ways. Some popular options include fruit trifles, chocolate trifles, and layered trifles with cake and pudding. You can also get creative and customize your trifle with your favorite ingredients.

Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. In fact, many people prefer to make trifles a day ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld together. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate your trifle until you are ready to serve it.

Do I have to use a trifle dish to make a trifle?

No, while a trifle dish is traditional and makes for a beautiful presentation, you do not have to use one to make a trifle. You can use any large glass bowl or even individual glasses for individual servings.

How long does a trifle last?

If stored properly in the refrigerator, a trifle can last for 2-3 days. Just be sure to cover it well with plastic wrap or a lid to prevent it from drying out.

Can I use store-bought ingredients in my trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought ingredients in your trifle. While homemade components can add a personal touch, using store-bought items like cake, pudding, and whipped cream can save time and still result in a delicious trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krley