• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director You Will Not Believe This One....

In summary, a Pampered Chef consultant was at a show with 18 guests when a stabbing occurred. A guest was stabbed by another guest with a knife while the consultant was demonstrating the product. Chaos ensued and the victim had to leave to get stitches while the person responsible felt terrible. The consultant was left shocked and surprised, as this was not a typical occurrence at her shows. Other consultants chimed in with their own crazy stories, including one about a dog that followed a consultant into a host's house, causing a misunderstanding. The stabbing was definitely the most shocking and memorable event.
pckelly
14 years, 1730+ shows, over $790k in sales, thousands of satisfied hosts/guests, loads of fun and as of last Thursday, 1 stabbing. :eek:

Here's the scene: 18 guests, very, very full dining room. Toward the end of my show, I'm passing around the HWC products trying to secure at least 1 more May show. I get to the knife and give my usual disclaimer - "If you choose to remove the cover, please know that the knife is very sharp. Hold it on top like this and pull. If you don't like the person standing next to you, turn the OPPOSITE direction - I have insurance, but don't like blood!" Insert laughs here....
Because the room was full, there were people standing behind me. All of the sudden I hear, "Ow! You stabbed me!" :eek: I turn around to see one guest holding the knife and the other guest holding her leg. You know how when someone gets stabbed on TV, it starts out as a small blood spot that grows quickly? Well, that is EXACTLY what happened on this lady's jeans!! Apparently, the 'friend' had a momentary lapse of reason when she removed the cover to the knife and 'poked' her friend in the leg with it!!! :eek: Poked...her word!!

Who 'pokes' someone with the tip of a knife?? As you can imagine, chaos insued and I lost them from there!! The woman who was stabbed had to leave and get stitches because it wouldn't stop bleeding. The person who stabbed her felt HORRIBLE and was crying when she left. Everyone else, like me, was stunned - needless to say this tops the time when I fell through the host's deck with my bags in tow and the time when the host's cat sprayed my bags...I'm still in shock!!!

Wow....
Just...wow!

OMG! Who does that even as a joke!!!!! :bugeye:

Oh my WORD!!!!!!!

OMG! Unreal....:eek:

NICE Friend! :rolleyes:

love it... makes for a good story at your show. Sad for the stabbing victim!

I thought you were saying a "back stabbing" at first. I was totally shocked when I realized you meant an actual stabbing with one of our knives! Did you notify the insurance yet? If so, make sure you do ASAP so they can start a claim. I'm sure they'll end up paying for those stitches. :(

That was totally ignorant on the guest's part. I can't believe she would play like that. Who freaking needs enemies with friends like that??? :eek:

Wow! That's just crazy!

We need to write a book. The stuff people say and do is just so freaking amazing sometimes! All of us together, with all of our crazy experiences would make a wicked awesome book!

Chef Kearns said:
Wow! That's just crazy!

We need to write a book. The stuff people say and do is just so freaking amazing sometimes! All of us together, with all of our crazy experiences would make a wicked awesome book!

I completely agree!!! Although, it wouldn't be a very good recruiting tool...but it would be a great laugh for vets like us.

I'll never, ever forget Sue Rusch's story about the dog that followed her into a host's house. She rings the bell, host lets her in, dog follows. Host is acting very, very weird - short answers, slamming things around, acting very mad. Sue asks if there is anything wrong. Host replies, "I would have never booked a show with you if I'd known you were going to bring your dog!". Sue thought the dog belonged to the host, host thought the dog belonged to Sue - everyone ended up laughing in the end!! :p

The dog story is FUNNY!!! LOL

Oh Wow!! What a story, I like the dog one much better!

OMG I can't believe the stabbing!!! Holy cow. It must've been more than a "poke" if she needed stitches!! That's just nuts. Wow, that'll be a good story to tell at shows....."if you think THIS crowd is outta control, you should have been at my show where there was a stabbing!"

I love the dog story. The stabbing not so much. That guest with the knife sure wasn't thinking. I have to say though I can kind of relate. While carving the turkey last Thanksgiving I stabbed my youngest (he's 22). I really can't say what happened exactly. He was near me, possibly smart mouthing, and the next thing I knew he said "hey! You stabbed me." It didn't bleed enough for stitches but we did put antibiotic ointment and a dressing on it. That was the talk of the week. ..well, it still is. I felt so bad but he knew it was a total accident.

pamperedbecky said:
... Wow, that'll be a good story to tell at shows....."if you think THIS crowd is outta control, you should have been at my show where there was a stabbing!"

Bwahaha!!! So true!!!

Soooo... me and my BIG FAT MOUTH!!!!I was at my show tonight and decided to tell the *funny story* about the stabbing! As I'm cutting the buns for the croutons for the Cheeseburger Salad, I look up because a woman is jokingly stabbing her daughter (with the protective cover on thank goodness) and that's when I felt it... yup... I cut myself with the tomato knife. I thought it was a nick, but nope... I tried to not panic but started stammering and held my thumb against my apron (thank GOD I was wearing the black one) hoping it would stop bleeding. Nope. Then I was looking around for a paper towel. And of course they are on top of her fridge! I ask my host to get me one and as she comes around her island, says, "OH MY GOD!!!! YOU'RE BLEEDING!!!!" Blood on her island, on her floor. Who knows where else... She runs and gets the neosporin and a band-aid and I try to continue on as much as possible.No bookings. And as I was leaving, she looks again at my hand and suggests I stop at urgent care on the way home.Awesome.

OMG!!! It's contagious!!! I'm sorry about your finger!! Hope you don't have to have stitches!
D

finley1991 said:
Soooo... me and my BIG FAT MOUTH!!!!

I was at my show tonight and decided to tell the *funny story* about the stabbing! As I'm cutting the buns for the croutons for the Cheeseburger Salad, I look up because a woman is jokingly stabbing her daughter (with the protective cover on thank goodness) and that's when I felt it... yup... I cut myself with the tomato knife.

I thought it was a nick, but nope... I tried to not panic but started stammering and held my thumb against my apron (thank GOD I was wearing the black one) hoping it would stop bleeding. Nope. Then I was looking around for a paper towel. And of course they are on top of her fridge! I ask my host to get me one and as she comes around her island, says, "OH MY GOD!!!! YOU'RE BLEEDING!!!!" Blood on her island, on her floor. Who knows where else... She runs and gets the neosporin and a band-aid and I try to continue on as much as possible.

No bookings.

And as I was leaving, she looks again at my hand and suggests I stop at urgent care on the way home.

Awesome.

DebChefIA said:
OMG!!! It's contagious!!! I'm sorry about your finger!! Hope you don't have to have stitches!
D

Thanks Deb! I'm home now and just finished submitting the show (at least it was an $800+ show) and haven't even taken the bandage off that the host put on. It hurts pretty bad and it's pretty gross already so I'm a bit fearful of looking at it!!!!

I think I'll live though!!! ;)

Oh no, Colleen!!! That sucks!! I'm so sorry.:sick: I hope it's ok and it heals ok. What a bummer! At least it was a good show.

Awe! (((hugs))) Colleen! I hope it heals super fast for you girl!!!I sliced my finger once at my recruiter's house with one of her PC knives. I'm pretty calm on stuff like that & just applied some pressure. Her hubby is in the medical field, so he rinsed it & doctored it for me. ;) It was enough to know that I don't want to do THAT again! I always tell my guests to please put the forged cutlery knives back in the honing cases & show them how they pop apart for cleaning. I tell them that SOME PEOPLE (while I point at my own head) will inevitably cut themselves if it's laying out on the table without the cover. LOL

DebChefIA said:
I'll never, ever forget Sue Rusch's story about the dog that followed her into a host's house. She rings the bell, host lets her in, dog follows. Host is acting very, very weird - short answers, slamming things around, acting very mad. Sue asks if there is anything wrong. Host replies, "I would have never booked a show with you if I'd known you were going to bring your dog!". Sue thought the dog belonged to the host, host thought the dog belonged to Sue - everyone ended up laughing in the end!! :p

That's just hilarious!

At least the dog didn't go home with YOU! A mouse hitchhiked in my product case to my house. I was so mortified! Talk about disgusted!!

that dog story is hilarious!

Those knives are dangerous! Colleen, I can relate. I did the same thing at a party with the same knife when the green knives first came out. My knife will NOT get passed around now that I have read these stories.

The other stories are just freaking hilarious!!!! I once had 2 little dogs start growling behind me...one had my dirty dish bin all staked out and wanted the other dog to know to stay away from his new found bounty!!

My scariest was when little Aiden who was about 18 months old was literally not watched by any of us for no more than 30 seconds was taking my chef's knife out of my dirty dish bin like in the "Sword and the Stone". He was busy but was a good little guy...it is like he had radar to the one thing he should not touch.

The mouse story would have freaked me out!!:yuck::sick:

I cut myself enough times at parties that I now carry disposible exam gloves in the pockets of my spice-turn-about tote. I alway seem to get a few books after a cut myself :D!

Related to You Will Not Believe This One....

1. What is "You Will Not Believe This One...."?

"You Will Not Believe This One...." is a phrase often used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a recipe or product that is incredibly delicious, easy to make, or has a surprising twist.

2. How can I find recipes or products that fall under "You Will Not Believe This One...."?

You can find recipes and products that fall under "You Will Not Believe This One...." by browsing our website, attending a Pampered Chef party, or contacting a consultant for personalized recommendations.

3. Are the recipes and products under "You Will Not Believe This One...." healthy?

Many of the recipes and products under "You Will Not Believe This One...." are healthy and use fresh, whole ingredients. However, it ultimately depends on the specific recipe or product, so be sure to check the nutritional information or consult with a consultant for more information.

4. Can I share my own "You Will Not Believe This One...." recipe or product with Pampered Chef?

Yes! We love hearing from our customers and welcome new ideas for "You Will Not Believe This One...." recipes or products. You can share your ideas with us on social media or by contacting a consultant.

5. Is there a specific theme or type of recipe or product that qualifies as "You Will Not Believe This One...."?

No, there is no specific theme or type of recipe or product that qualifies as "You Will Not Believe This One....". It can range from appetizers to desserts, and from kitchen tools to cookware. The only requirement is that it must be something that is delicious, easy, and has a wow factor!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • PCGINA