• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle Stay Fresh Until Tomorrow's Open House?

In summary, the recipe calls for brownies, instant pudding mix, milk, and peanut butter. You will need a trifle bowl, brownies, pudding mix, Cool Whip, and chopped up peanut butter cups to make the trifle.
janezapchef
Gold Member
I am making this for my open house tomorrow. First, if I make it tonight, will it be soggy by 3 tomorrow? And, second, is it 8 individual PB cups or 8 2-packs like Reese's normally come in at the store?
TIA,
Jane :confused:

No, it should be fine tomorrow if you make it now.8 PB cups total not 8 2-packs.Also sometimes I just melt PB and drizzle that on top with Hershey's syrup alternating if I don't want to spend $ on PB cups.

Thanks, Janet. As I was writing the message I was thinking that you are probably going to read it and think, um, duh! I swear, I can make the easiest things complicated sometimes!

Nope, not a problem!
I made up the recipe so I know I might not have been 100% clear - I know what I used, but you don't know that! :)

You can never go wrong adding more PB cups. :D

Wow! Maybe this is the best thing I've ever eaten! Thank you so much for the recipe, Janet! I will be making this again and again and again...

janezapchef said:
Wow! Maybe this is the best thing I've ever eaten! Thank you so much for the recipe, Janet! I will be making this again and again and again...

No problem - glad you enjoyed it! :D

This recipe has got to be one of the easiest for what the results are.
For the PB cups I got the bag of the small bite size ones. The bag was 10.5 oz so it was just a little more than the recipe (which was fine with everyone). The nice thing was they chopped up a little better. I also put them in the fridge for a while before chopping them so they wouldn't stick.

So, are you saying I'm quick, cheap and easy? ;) :p

janezapchef said:
I am making this for my open house tomorrow. First, if I make it tonight, will it be soggy by 3 tomorrow? And, second, is it 8 individual PB cups or 8 2-packs like Reese's normally come in at the store?
TIA,
Jane :confused:

Can you post the recipe for me? Thanks, it sounds yummy!
Wendy:)

Peanut Butter Cup Trifle (from Janet!!)

1 box brownie mix (dark chocolate, fudge or chocolate)

2 small bozes instant pudding mix (chocolate fudge or chocolate)
3 cups milk to make pudding

1 cup peanut butter

16 oz. Cool Whip

8 peanut butter cups

Make brownies according to box instructions, cool
Melt peanut butter in Micro Cooker, stir in pudding mix and milk (3 cups rather than 4 for a thicker result).

In Trifle Bowl, layer 1/2 brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then 1/2 of the Cool Whip - repeat. Chop up peanut butter cups and place on top. Enjoy!

Some notes:
I use dark chocolate brownies and chocolate fudge pudding. Surprisingly with the cool whip and peanut butter it keeps all that chocolate from being rich.

For demos, the peanut butter gives a good demo of the measure-all cup and micro cooker.

You'll notice that when you add the pudding then the cold milk, as your stirring, it will get chunky...that is just the cold milk cooling the peanut butter. It makes it like a peanut butter cup inside...

You can also decorate the top with the EAD if you want to take the time, but chopped up peanut butter cups make it look great.

Related to Will Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle Stay Fresh Until Tomorrow's Open House?

What is the recipe for Janet's PB Trifle?

The recipe for Janet's PB Trifle includes layers of peanut butter cream, chocolate cake, and crushed peanut butter cups. It is topped with whipped cream and chopped peanuts. Full recipe can be found on our website or in the Pampered Chef cookbook.

Can I substitute any ingredients in Janet's PB Trifle?

Yes, you can make substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free cake mix or dairy-free whipped cream. Just keep in mind that it may slightly alter the taste and texture of the trifle.

How long does it take to prepare and assemble Janet's PB Trifle?

The prep time for this trifle is about 20 minutes, and assembly takes about 15 minutes. However, we recommend chilling the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving for the best flavor and texture.

Can I make Janet's PB Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. Just keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. We recommend consuming it within 24 hours for optimal freshness.

Can I use a different type of cake for Janet's PB Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake that complements the flavors of peanut butter and chocolate. Some popular alternatives include chocolate pound cake, devil's food cake, or even brownies. Just make sure to cut the cake into small, bite-sized pieces for easier layering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• laylaleigh
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
melindag
  • GourmetGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • kam