• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Plays the Ticket Game and How is it Received at Shows?

In summary, there are several ways to play the ticket game. One way is to give tickets for finding products and page numbers in the catalog. Another way is to have guests write down five questions about the business to win a prize. Finally, one method is to have a volunteer write their name on one ticket and fill out the other tickets with names when someone asks a question about the business. People generally have enjoyed playing the ticket game as it encourages engagement and conversation about the business.
Becky, you are BRILLIANT!!
I have been doing the ticket game, but I just do not love it as much as 5 questions, but I love the first part, what a nice new spin :)
That is the new game. I wil let you know how it goes!

Koolotus said:
Becky, you are BRILLIANT!!
I have been doing the ticket game, but I just do not love it as much as 5 questions, but I love the first part, what a nice new spin :)
That is the new game. I wil let you know how it goes!
One good turn deserves another! You were the inspiration for it to begin with, Cheryl....so I guess that makes you brilliant too! :sing:Oh, and when I say my bookings are up - I mean that for the first time EVER I am completely booked for July before the middle of June, and already half-way booked for August! Whooo Hoooo!

ChefBeckyD said:
One good turn deserves another!

You were the inspiration for it to begin with, Cheryl....so I guess that makes you brilliant too! :sing:

Oh, and when I say my bookings are up - I mean that for the first time EVER I am completely booked for July before the middle of June, and already half-way booked for August! Whooo Hoooo!

Thank you :blushing:

And AWESOME!!!!
It is so nice when things start to roll. Keep up the momentum!

Sounds GREAT! thanks for sharing...

ChefBeckyD said:
Then, I have them flip the paper over, and on the other blank side, I have them number 1-5 again. I tell them this is the part of the show where they can be as nosy as they want to be! They can ask me any question that they would like about my business, and how I do what I do...I tell them they can even ask me money questions, and family questions - all questions are okay! GO!
I get so many good questions by doing this...and no one ever seems annoyed or threatened or anything by this.

Then, I have them open up their sheet, and we fill out the Guest Info side together. QUOTE]

So, do you go answer the questions of the guest that finishes first? Do you have them read each one and you provide the "answers"?

I am really liking the sound of what you do with the guests listing the products they liked and biz opp questions.

Liquid Sky said:
ChefBeckyD said:
Then, I have them flip the paper over, and on the other blank side, I have them number 1-5 again. I tell them this is the part of the show where they can be as nosy as they want to be! They can ask me any question that they would like about my business, and how I do what I do...I tell them they can even ask me money questions, and family questions - all questions are okay! GO!
I get so many good questions by doing this...and no one ever seems annoyed or threatened or anything by this.

Then, I have them open up their sheet, and we fill out the Guest Info side together. QUOTE]

So, do you go answer the questions of the guest that finishes first? Do you have them read each one and you provide the "answers"?

I am really liking the sound of what you do with the guests listing the products they liked and biz opp questions.

Yes, the person who finishes first reads their questions and I answer them...then I ask if anyone had any other questions that didn't get answered. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. MOST of the time, I get asked other questions while I am answering the winner's five questions. It's actually fun!

ChefBeckyD said:
Liquid Sky said:
Yes, the person who finishes first reads their questions and I answer them...then I ask if anyone had any other questions that didn't get answered. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. MOST of the time, I get asked other questions while I am answering the winner's five questions. It's actually fun!

Awesome! Thanks ;)

I am going to try your method out on my show tomorrow!

I did the ticket game for over a year with poor results. I recently began doing the 5 question game with WONDERFUL results! My recruit leads have trippled!

Thanks again ladies for sharing this!

Becky

I LOVE your spin on the 5 questions. I have been struggling to find something that I could include in my shows, but like you I typically hate games. Thank you so much!! I can't wait to try this.

I do a poker-for-a-prize game. The guests ask 1 question for their two-card hand, then as I flip 5 cards face up as the community cards, I say one "did you know" for each card I flip over. It keeps the time down, with information still being put out.

Just had to give my two cents (for all it's worth-no comments from you Cheryl hee!hee!). I use the ticket game at my shows religiously but I use the 5 question game when I am doing a grand opening for my newbies (I find the ticket game can be a bit intimidating for new consultants).
With that said, I am very intentional with my demo about mentioning the business opportunity at the very beginning of my demo (I say "Just to let you know before we get started, I am going to chop a few items, slap them together and call it a recipe and I will earn between $25-$30 an hour tonight. If that seems totally nuts or intriguing to you then we need to go out for coffee), then I mention it quite a few more times during my demo in little snippets, wrap up with my story (at the end of my demo I say "It is very natural at this point in the party to be thinking about doing what I do and wondering if it isn't just a prison work release program. It's not-I actually did sign up to do this! What happened was...) and then after my story I say "Okay now I am going to let you be totally nosy and ask me questions about my biz and for each question you ask about my business I will give you two tickets, each question you ask about having a party I will give you one, feel free to ask a question about a product but you won't get any tickets....suckers (hee!hee!). Then we will pick a winning ticket at the end-now don't get all excited thinking you are going to win a party, nope! you are going to win a product (hee! hee!) " Then I set my timer for two minutes and let them have at me~if nobody starts asking I'll lean in to someone and say "What's that? You want to know how many parties I do a week?" and that gets the ball rolling.
I don't like holding a huge roll of tickets so I rip off 14-16 tickets and put them in my PC bag before I go the party-way less hassle!
So the results? Typical show will yield at least 1-3 recruit leads and I have been signing 1 recruit consistently since last January but 2-3 since for the past few months -yes, I walked away from Leadership with the Ipod & docking station and was the one that practically peed herself onstage when they brought them out-please don't think I am bragging, I just want you to know that I have been doing it consistently for over a year and wow! what great results!
I realize that my leads and recruits aren't coming just from the use of the ticket game. It is a total package of, mentioning it many, many times during my demo, telling my story, doing the ticket game, and inviting them individually during checkout. It's one big package deal! I just happen to like the ticket game b/c it's easy and it is another fabulous and fun way to inform my crowds about this fantastic business (how about all the "f" words-Cheryl I know you sooooo picked up on that!).
Okay, enough from me, I'm off to find some ice cream.... :)

Ok Grace - your ticket game didn't sell me (as a whole) but when you said you went to Atlantis then it was hook, line, and sinker! or should I say 'sucker'? Yes folks, I am one of her 2-3 recruits. (Sorry to ruin your reputation G) Or maybe I sold myself when I was trying to sell the products to you? *grin* Cheryl, I cannot wait to hear your comments...from what I read above, there's more to this post than what meets the eye.

As the new recruit - I fear the game b/c my luck they will ask every question I don't know the answer to and hate the answer "well from what I'm told or hear". I don't think the 5 questions on the card has the same effect as the game b/c there's less public sharing of info but if nothing else, gives newbies a plethora of questions to research the answers to. Baby steps....first I need the dough to unroll out of the can :cry:, then I'll move on to bigger things like tickets & recruiting. :cool:

Becky - I love how you combined bookings and recruiting in the one activity. Do you also do a bookings commercial? Do you use a bookings slide? I practiced with a commercial, the slide and then both of your activities and it seemed a bit much and too long. Curious as to how you time it all out. I'm going to try the 5 recruiting questions tonight at least. Thanks for sharing!

Becca

Becca_in_MD said:
Becky - I love how you combined bookings and recruiting in the one activity. Do you also do a bookings commercial? Do you use a bookings slide? I practiced with a commercial, the slide and then both of your activities and it seemed a bit much and too long. Curious as to how you time it all out. I'm going to try the 5 recruiting questions tonight at least. Thanks for sharing!

Becca

I don't do the bookings slide. I tried it for three months, didn't like it. I also don't do a commercial. I do however use the hosting coupons with my host. When I thank her for hosting and give her a gift, I also make a big deal of giving her these coupons one by one, and explain the benefits of hosting. It would be similar in content to the slide, but presented in a way with which I am more comfortable.

Here are the coupons:

Attachments

• booking coupons[1].pdf
    147.4 KB · Views: 727
ChefBeckyD said:
I don't do the bookings slide. I tried it for three months, didn't like it. I also don't do a commercial. I do however use the hosting coupons with my host. When I thank her for hosting and give her a gift, I also make a big deal of giving her these coupons one by one, and explain the benefits of hosting. It would be similar in content to the slide, but presented in a way with which I am more comfortable.

Here are the coupons:

I have these all made up & laminated, but I forget to use them....:eek:

These coupons are an awesome idea! Thank-you. I just printed off two sets.

Ok now for my 2 cents... I did the reading on all of the posts. Awesome ideas on all of them and thank you to my online cluster mates!!
I have been doing the business for 4 years and am going to give it my last go with this.
I printed out the customer care card (thank you for posting this!! And I also created a numbered doccument for the flip side of the care card.
1 side with 30 numbers and the other with 5 numbers.
when I hand out the customer care card the paper will be folded in half and the guests will be instructed not to open until I say so. 1 ticket for following the rules. Then I will have them list 5 close relatives. Then 5 relatives they love to have come over for family doings. (need to be separate from the 1st 5 relatives. Then 5 neighbors if can list more than 5 do so up to 10. Then 5 coworkers. Then 5 friends, Then 5 parent names of my kids friends other than neighbors your kids play with, then 5 e-mail friends not on the list so far. 2 tickets for the first one finished with their list and 1 ticket to those that finish.
Then flip over the paper to the number 1-5 and write down 5 questions about my business they want to know about, and 1 st one done gets 5 tickets. Time them for 5 minutes.
Then flip over and go through the customer care card to fill out the front.
Any help I get when asking for volunters throughout the show will get a ticket.
I also ask for a volunteer that doesn't have to scramble out of the show and can help me gather my lapboards and pens at the end of the show. They will get a ticket as well.

At the end of the show, the person with the most tickets wins a prize. The guests think they've played a neat game, but what they've really done is fill out their guest list. When you ask them to book a party and they say no, ask them what they plan to do with their guest list. The numbered 1-30 on their customer care card... If they say "I don't do parties, then say your list can still be a catalog show!" If she still says no, then ask can the guest next to her have it to use at her show? OF COURSE NOT! They usually will reconsider when they realize the hard part of making a list of "who to invite" is already done!

On the 5 question side, this is my recruiting part.

If anyone has any input let me know, as I am just planning on implementing this this weekend.

Thanks.
Schel

I started playing the ticket game on March 31st of last year and have recruited 25 people since. I went from a consultant to an AD in 4 months by teaching my team to do it too. I am very intentional about the recipe I demo, either the fajitas, BBQ chicken sandwiches or the Mex Chicken Las, when the food is in the micro I say "we are going to play a game. I will be giving away X product as a prize. The game is, if you ask me a question about my business I will give you a ticket. At the end of the game, our hostess will be drawing for the winner so that you can beat her up on the way out not me if you don't win" It gets a laugh and breaks the ice. I wait for someone to ask a question. If no one does, I say "so no one wants to know how much I make?" I have my paychecks in a folder and I pass them around.

At my last show there were 10 women. 1 signed at the show on my laptop. 1 signed the following monday. 2 booked shows for less than 2 weeks out and both are thinking about the business. 3 others have booked shows with the 2 that have already signed.

The ticket game works!!! I have 2 downline directors because of it. My team went from 6 to 90 in less than 1 year because of the game. Do it!!!

Sold!! I am so going to do it! If I even get 1 recruit out of it and 1 booking I will have reached my goal! The rest is all gravy!
Schel

PCJenni said:
At my last show there were 10 women. 1 signed at the show on my laptop. 1 signed the following monday. 2 booked shows for less than 2 weeks out and both are thinking about the business. 3 others have booked shows with the 2 that have already signed.

The ticket game works!!! I have 2 downline directors because of it. My team went from 6 to 90 in less than 1 year because of the game. Do it!!!

Question did you have internet access for the 1 at the show to sign? and major congrats to being so succesful!!

PCJenni said:
I started playing the ticket game on March 31st of last year and have recruited 25 people since. I went from a consultant to an AD in 4 months by teaching my team to do it too. I am very intentional about the recipe I demo, either the fajitas, BBQ chicken sandwiches or the Mex Chicken Las, when the food is in the micro I say "we are going to play a game. I will be giving away X product as a prize. The game is, if you ask me a question about my business I will give you a ticket. At the end of the game, our hostess will be drawing for the winner so that you can beat her up on the way out not me if you don't win" It gets a laugh and breaks the ice. I wait for someone to ask a question. If no one does, I say "so no one wants to know how much I make?" I have my paychecks in a folder and I pass them around.

Jenni - thank you for this.

I have been going back and forth about this, and I need to just bite the bullet and get it done. (I have the tickets even!) Obviously - since I'm the one who started the thread, it's been on my mind for a long time. Gheesh.

I really appreciate your testimonial. Thanks again!

Becky - did you stop doing what you've been doing? Haven't reread the whole thread today but aren't you doing 5 questions? Why the need to add the ticket game?

Becca_in_MD said:
Becky - did you stop doing what you've been doing? Haven't reread the whole thread today but aren't you doing 5 questions? Why the need to add the ticket game?

I'm doing the 5 questions - and so is my Director, and neither of us are seeing stats like what Jenni just posted - and I've heard similar stories from others. That is why I started this thread in the first place....but I keep making excuses and talking myself out of it. The 5 questions game was a great way to get me used to talking about recruiting and what I do in a non-apologetic way at my parties, and it has been successful - but not consultant to AD in 4 months successful!;)

Plus, people at my shows are getting used to the 5 questions game - so it's time for a change.

I just emailed my Director with Jenni's post, and we've decided to challenge each other to do the ticket game at every show for the next month, and see what happens!

My Director and I have talked about doing a 3 question game, to keep it shorter than the 5 questions. Very curious to see what you think a month from now.

where can I find more information about the ticket game. I know someone said it is on CC but I can't find it.

Have you read through this thread?Also, you can look below and see information under "similar threads".

jeepgir1 said:
where can I find more information about the ticket game. I know someone said it is on CC but I can't find it.

It's under "Online Training". I believe it's a part of the "resources"

chefjeanine said:
Have you read through this thread?

Also, you can look below and see information under "similar threads".

Oops. Guess I should have actually read AND understood your question. Sorry! :eek:

jeepgir1 said:

I looked also and couldn't find it. I will just use the information that was provided on this thread to help. I am going to start using it at my show's in May.

jeepgir1 said:

pamperedpals said:
I looked also and couldn't find it. I will just use the information that was provided on this thread to help. I am going to start using it at my show's in May.

The ticket game info isn't in the training center. Here is how to find it:

Consultant & Leadership Training > Take Charge, Take Action, Start Today > scroll through the videos, I think it's the 8th one down, with Ronda Palmlund-Olsen.

ChefBeckyD said:
The ticket game info isn't in the training center. Here is how to find it:

Consultant & Leadership Training > Take Charge, Take Action, Start Today > scroll through the videos, I think it's the 8th one down, with Ronda Palmlund-Olsen.

Thanks Becky, you are awesome as always! :D

<h2>1. What is the Ticket Game and how does it work?</h2><p>The Ticket Game is a fun and interactive way for guests at Pampered Chef parties to earn tickets by participating in activities or answering questions about our products. These tickets can then be used to enter a raffle for various prizes. The more tickets a guest earns, the better their chances of winning!</p><h2>2. Who plays the Ticket Game at Pampered Chef shows?</h2><p>The Ticket Game can be played by anyone who is hosting or attending a Pampered Chef party. It is a great way to engage guests and make the party more enjoyable for everyone.</p><h2>3. How is the Ticket Game received at shows?</h2><p>The response to the Ticket Game at shows is usually very positive! Guests love the chance to win prizes and it adds a fun element to the party. Many hosts have also reported that the Ticket Game has helped to increase sales and bookings at their parties.</p><h2>4. Do all Pampered Chef consultants play the Ticket Game at their shows?</h2><p>Playing the Ticket Game is completely optional for consultants. Some may choose not to play it for various reasons, such as time constraints or personal preference. However, many consultants have found success in incorporating the game into their parties.</p><h2>5. How do I get started with the Ticket Game at my Pampered Chef show?</h2><p>If you're interested in playing the Ticket Game at your Pampered Chef party, you can purchase the tickets and prizes from your consultant or through our website. Your consultant can also provide you with tips and ideas for incorporating the game into your party for maximum fun and success!</p>

1. What is the Ticket Game and how does it work?

The Ticket Game is a fun and interactive way for guests at Pampered Chef parties to earn tickets by participating in activities or answering questions about our products. These tickets can then be used to enter a raffle for various prizes. The more tickets a guest earns, the better their chances of winning!

2. Who plays the Ticket Game at Pampered Chef shows?

The Ticket Game can be played by anyone who is hosting or attending a Pampered Chef party. It is a great way to engage guests and make the party more enjoyable for everyone.

3. How is the Ticket Game received at shows?

The response to the Ticket Game at shows is usually very positive! Guests love the chance to win prizes and it adds a fun element to the party. Many hosts have also reported that the Ticket Game has helped to increase sales and bookings at their parties.

4. Do all Pampered Chef consultants play the Ticket Game at their shows?

Playing the Ticket Game is completely optional for consultants. Some may choose not to play it for various reasons, such as time constraints or personal preference. However, many consultants have found success in incorporating the game into their parties.

5. How do I get started with the Ticket Game at my Pampered Chef show?

If you're interested in playing the Ticket Game at your Pampered Chef party, you can purchase the tickets and prizes from your consultant or through our website. Your consultant can also provide you with tips and ideas for incorporating the game into your party for maximum fun and success!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • scrappergirl7
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
scrappergirl7
  • lesliec