• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Find Rolos for the Perfect Quickie Turtle Recipe

In summary, "Does It Have to Be Rolos?" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a layer of Rolos candy in the middle of a chocolate chip cookie crust. While it is recommended to use Rolos for the best flavor and texture, other types of candy such as Snickers or Milky Way can be used as substitutes. Any type of chocolate chip cookie dough can be used for this recipe, but refrigerated dough is suggested for best results. To prevent the Rolos from melting completely in the oven, they should be pressed gently into the dough and can also be frozen beforehand. This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days, and should be reheated
kcjodih
Gold Member
I would like to make the quickie turtles to try before trying the PC recipe. I stopped at the Bulk Barn today and picked up the pretzels and pecan halves but couldn't find rolos there or at the two grocery stores locally. I did find Werthers and Reisins (sp?) though. So, does it have to be Rolos? If so, where would I find them? Are they just in the rolls or do they also come bagged? Thanks for any and all help :)

You could probably use any kind of filled chocolate. Rolos come in a roll of about 10 and in bags individually wrapped. Here in the US they have them in the check out lanes at most places.

I don't really care for rolos and I only used them once in a favorite recipe called Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies.
I decided to use other substitutes:

Caramel swirl chocolate morsels

White chocolate morsels

Ghirardelli squares filled with all kinds of goodness (any variety)

Nutella (I love this stuff and dropped it in teaspoons into the brownies)

Debbie :D

I thought about other candies I wanted to try. Snickers, resee's cups, etc. get creative.

Somebody brought these to our cluster meeting and used mini peanut butter cups! It was wonderful. Then rolo's tend to get hard as they cool but these were perfect.

Related to Where to Find Rolos for the Perfect Quickie Turtle Recipe

1. What is "Does It Have to Be Rolos?"

"Does It Have to Be Rolos?" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a layer of Rolos candy in the middle of a chocolate chip cookie crust.

2. Can I substitute Rolos with another type of candy?

While we highly recommend using Rolos for the best flavor and texture, you can substitute them with other types of candy such as Snickers or Milky Way for a similar result.

3. Do I have to use a specific type of chocolate chip cookie dough?

No, you can use any type of chocolate chip cookie dough for this recipe. However, we suggest using a refrigerated dough for best results.

4. How do I ensure the Rolos don't melt completely in the oven?

To prevent the Rolos from melting completely, make sure to press them into the dough gently so they are not completely exposed. You can also freeze the Rolos for a few minutes before adding them to the dough.

5. Can I make "Does It Have to Be Rolos?" ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For best results, reheat in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jessie Jolly
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies