• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Find Pineapple Preserves: Ask Here!

wateryI have had no luck either. I am wondering if I am just not looking in the right places.I haven't made it yet, but I'm thinking about it this weekend. I think I'll try a sub of apricot jam.
momoftwins
Does anyone know where you can get pineapple preserves??????????? I have looked at 2 different grocery stores and can not find it. Thanks in advance!

I have seen it at the local Fred Meyer right by all the other jams and jellies... I guess try a few more stores??

I don't know where you've looked, but I have found it at wal-mart and marsh! (I do a lot of shopping!!)

If your grocery doesn't usually carry it, ask the manager if they can order you a case (usually 12 jars). Then you can split it with other people in your cluster.

Otherwise, try a gourmet foods store. Or you can try http://www.smuckers.com/os/default.asp?. There's a "pantry box" that will let you choose any 6 Smucker's, Jif or Crisco products. Choose 6 pineapple preserves!

Oh Ann..... you are just a wealth of information, full of sunshine and so helpful to all of us....

Gina, you're sweet! I just hate being discouraged at not knowing/finding something. And I know others get the same way. So I share my knowledge when I can.

There's a business I pass on my way home from work that currently has on their sign: When you help others succeed, you help yourself.
I like that!

chefann said:
There's a business I pass on my way home from work that currently has on their sign: When you help others succeed, you help yourself.
I like that!

Excellent, Ann. Isn't that exactly why both Pampered Chef and this site are so successful?

raebates said:
Excellent, Ann. Isn't that exactly why both Pampered Chef and this site are so successful?
Absolutely! :)

Thanks ladies! I have tried our Baker's store (Kroger) and I have also tried SuperTarget. I will be checking Walmart today! Thanks!

Has anyone made this salad yet? I made the dressing and it is very tangy. Not sure i like it.Anyone else have this problem or did I mess something up?

I did make it last week and my husband said there was too much lime in it - so the next time I make it I think I will just use 1 lime instead of 2. I did use the citrus press though instead of the juicer and that might have made the difference - not sure.

I made it the other night and I thought it was good we did the kid friendly version my DH bought apricot-pineapple preserves and it was still good

I know not everyone has Meijers in their area....but I found Smuckers Pineapple Preserves at our Meijers today! And pineapple was on sale for $2.99 - whole or peeled and cored! I'm making the Jerk Chicken Salad (With Lettuce) for our Cluster Taste Testing on Monday - so if anyone who has made it has any other tips......(I'm going to try one lime first - these limes seemed big to me anyway!)

Ooh- I'll have to stop at Meijer on my way home today. It's not on the way, but I was thinking of making the pasta variation for dinner tonight and fresh pineapple is so much better than the canned stuff! (Unless you're making Jello. Then you can't use fresh. There's an enzyme in it that will cause the gelatin to not set. Cooking, as is done in the canning process, destroys the enzyme. The same is true of papaya and kiwi, FYI.)

This was an ingredient for one of the wraps recipes a couple of years ago. Alot of consultants were substituting Apricot Jam. I happened to find some Pineapple Preserves at the bread discount store, so I bought a few!

I made this last night with the pasta and from what little I sampled, it was very tasty!! My DB took the quick turkey chili to work (I only had beef at the time) and everyone was drooling when he heated it up. Today he is taking the Jerk Chicken Salad with pasta and I had the dressing separate. Anxious to hear how he likes it. He reminds me of Mikey on the old Life ceral commercial...you know...Give it to Mikey...he'll eat anything!!:eek:

I am enjoying the new recipes for some reason. I guess because I have never had much experience with jerk seasoning, etc. and leave it to PC to come up with some tasty dishes!:) :) :) :)
Ann

I also made the pasta version for dinner last night - yum!!

Ok this is kinda off subject but an ingredient I haven't been able to find is prepared chutney. This is used in the carribean meat pastries and I have had NO luck. Anyone have any ideas of where in the store it would be or what could be used as a sub?

I havent' made it yet........ but I think I might this weekend... sounds really yummie and mouth watering!!

dollfangs said:
Ok this is kinda off subject but an ingredient I haven't been able to find is prepared chutney. This is used in the carribean meat pastries and I have had NO luck. Anyone have any ideas of where in the store it would be or what could be used as a sub?
This is usually near the condiments - not necessarily the jelly, but the other spreads/dips. It's frequently used in Indian food, so if your grocery has a little section of Indian food, check there. Sometimes specialty markets carry it (Cost Plus World Market, Trader Joe's), but the discount groceries (Save a Lot, Aldi) won't.

I made it with apricot-pineapple. Personally I wasn't crazy about it. I made the kid friendly version and I think I was a bit unsure about the whole pineapple pasta thing. I may have liked it better as a salad.

The Weekly Bites said we could sub Apricot Jam, which I did even before they told us b/c that was what I had at home!

I would recommend fresh pineapple for this one. You can go canned on the Aloha Pizza, but the fresh is best for the Jerk Chicken Salad.

At least two of the Walmart's local to me carry it.

Since I'm allergic to Pineapple.......I had to call HO test kitchens about lots of recipes this time......

For this one, they recommended to use Mango instead and I had a hostess who'd bought a fruit platter than had pineapple in it, and they took some and grilled in (on her grill pan) and put it on the salad and said, wow, we prefer the Mango. (Also, most of the time, Mango is cheaper than pineapple)

Also, for the dressing, I used Apricot preserves, hubby thought it was to tangy, I've also made it with Orange Marmalade (sp) and he thought that it was a little better, so I mixed Apricot with the orange Marmalade and he thought that tasted better balanced, so I'd say, play around and see what works best.

HTH,

Lisa

Hi, I'm New Here And Am Hearing Lots Of Great Responses On This Jerk Chicken Salad, But I Can't Seem To Find The Actual Recipe. Can Anyone Help??

Tammy Lou

It's on CC, with the theme shows.

I always use the Pinapple Ice Cream Topping and we and my guests have always loved it. It's cheap and one jar does lots of recipes.

Related to Where to Find Pineapple Preserves: Ask Here!

1. Where can I buy pineapple preserves?

Pineapple preserves can typically be found in the jam and jelly section of most grocery stores. You can also purchase them online from the Pampered Chef website or other retailers.

2. Do you have any recommendations for brands of pineapple preserves?

At Pampered Chef, we offer our own brand of pineapple preserves which are made with high-quality ingredients and have a delicious, tropical flavor. However, any brand of pineapple preserves will work well in our recipes.

3. Can I substitute pineapple jam or jelly for pineapple preserves in recipes?

While pineapple jam and jelly can be used as a substitute, they may have a slightly different texture and flavor than pineapple preserves. We recommend using preserves for the best results in our recipes.

4. Are pineapple preserves gluten-free?

Our Pampered Chef pineapple preserves are gluten-free. However, it's always important to check the label of any brand you purchase to ensure it is suitable for your dietary needs.

5. How long do pineapple preserves last?

Unopened pineapple preserves can last for up to 2 years in a cool, dry place. Once opened, they should be refrigerated and used within 1-2 months for best quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies