• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Should I Stock With?

You could show it off at your shows by doing the "30-minute chicken" show. The chicken is absolutely delicious and people love it! :)
clshirk
I just hosted my own show and have around $70 to work with in free hostess items. I can't decide if I should get the deep covered baker or buy recipe books, and other cheaper Items I don't have. I have soo much already- but I'm not sure that having the baker will make it a hot seller at my shows- although I know people are more willing to buy if they like what they see. Any opinions? I always have people wanting to know what recipe book has certain recipes, etc...

PS- I'm totally new to this- just started end of Februrary, already bought $200 with my PC dollars in April and have my initial kit, and all the stuff I already owned (7 years of collected since I loved PC). So I'm not sure what else is really important to have.

I say get the Covered Baker! It is awesome!!
I also recommend the microfiber towels.

That is a tough decision. Of course, how can one decide what to buy when the entire catalogue would be nice to own? ;)

My pick would be the deep covered baker. You could show it off at your shows by doing the "30-minute chicken" show. The chicken is absolutely delicious and people love it!

Just my 2 cents.........

Good luck making your decision!! :)

MF

SusanBP0129 said:
I say get the Covered Baker! It is awesome!!
I also recommend the microfiber towels.

I know this is silly- but do you wash and use your microfiber towels at your party? I have one, and I set it out this last time just to look at, but I'm thinking I should really wash it and get some with the april specials. Just curious. I guess it's silly not to wash them. I'm afraid they'll not feel so soft after I wash them.

Not silly at all!
I use them ALL THE TIME at home, so I have washed them MANY times and they are good as new!
I pass a dry one around at my shows and then I fill a bowl with 2 cups of water. Then submerge the towel to show how absorbent they are! It's a great little demo and I sells lots of these towels as a result!
HTH! :D

While I do love my DCB I would say buy some of the other smaller items you are more likely to use at every show.You won't be using the DCB at every show. How about 1 of the large SA bowls & cutting board w/ cups to demo salads in during the summer season or BBQ tools for grilling shows.
Think about what kind of recipes you will be demoing in the next few months and go from there.
Maybe a smaller piece of the cranberry stoneware to show the color (if you don't have any).
have fun shopping !

My new favorite is the fluted stoneware. I made a mirowave cake at a show yesterday and told them how wonderful the chicken was in this dish also. It is really very versatile!

Since summer is coming and you might be doing salads at shows, I'd go for the SA Large Square and Woven Square or the SA Large Dots Bowl and round Woven Server.

I also think more cookbooks are good. People like to look at them before buying.

clshirk said:
I just hosted my own show and have around $70 to work with in free hostess items. I can't decide if I should get the deep covered baker or buy recipe books, and other cheaper Items I don't have. I have soo much already- but I'm not sure that having the baker will make it a hot seller at my shows- although I know people are more willing to buy if they like what they see. Any opinions? I always have people wanting to know what recipe book has certain recipes, etc...

PS- I'm totally new to this- just started end of Februrary, already bought $200 with my PC dollars in April and have my initial kit, and all the stuff I already owned (7 years of collected since I loved PC). So I'm not sure what else is really important to have.
Go with what you really want to SHOW at your shows.

If you already have a bunch of stoneware, and don't want to use most of your free product $$ to get the covered baker, you can sell it with using word pictures! "Imagine being able to make a home made dinner in your microwave in less than 30 minutes! The chicken that comes out of this DDB is tender, suculant, and sooooooooo juicy! It just falls right off of the bone! And, you can change up the taste depending on your mood by using different seasonings. Rosemary Herb, Jamacian Jerk, Italian, you choose what sounds good to you that evening! All you have to do is wash off your chicken and remove anything that's inside, pat it dry, season it inside and out, and pop it in the DDB, cover, and cook for about 30 mintues (for a 4# bird) how simple is that?!?!? Think of how your family will feel knowing that you cooked a homemade dinner just for them!"

Most of our cookbooks are great! But, they usually don't sell "themselves". The majority of people will only buy them if they can look through them. If you don't have All The Best, you MUST get that one! It is "The Best" LOL

Other must haves to see/use at your demos: smooth edge can opener, ice cream dipper. I am telling you- if someone USES the can opener, the WILL be buying it! Pass the dipper around with an ice cube in it to show how smoothly it will scoop up ice cream and you will sell them too!

Do you have any forged cutlery yet? (Not sure if you have the new consultant kit or not) If not, how about the utility knife and the HONER (you MUST get this along with your first piece, so you can keep them super sharp!)

OK, now I have probably made your decision even harder!! :eek:

Good luck! Let us know what you get!

I am trying to cut down on how much stuff I bring to my shows... which means I don't bring my Large SA square, DCB, or any of the larger pieces like that unless they are in my demo.The can opener + can strainer are both a must. I have been using a can of pineapple for the aloha pizza, and even though the top of the can is a pull top, I open the bottom with the opener, and then the strainer fits in to it to show to the straining part of it!On the same note, I try not to clog my table with a whole bunch of small items either. And I have found myself to buy extra items that I don't use, but bought because I thought I wanted to show them....well they sit in the drawer now!Oh! and the food chopper! ;)

I agree with everyone else, get what will help you the most with YOUR shows.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations on starting your business!!

Thanks guys for all the opinions. Well, I went ahead and got the DCB. And the All the best cookbook. I think when I get my next PC dollars, I'm going to get the can strainer, can opener, and ice cream scoop. I have tons of stoneware along with the deep covered stoneware set that the top was discontinued on. I also have the food chopper of course and I do have the forged utility knife. I'll have to get a honer too with my next purchase.
Thanks for the info gals.

Oh yeah, I just wanted to add that I did buy all of the cookbooks.....and even when I do haul them to a show.....I don't sell any... I give up!

cookbooks!
jenniferknapp said:
Oh yeah, I just wanted to add that I did buy all of the cookbooks.....and even when I do haul them to a show.....I don't sell any... I give up!

Same here! I no longer bring them with me.

SusanBP0129 said:
Same here! I no longer bring them with me.

I don't bring all of them anymore either! But, PASS THEM AROUND and they will sell. I make sure that I explain that I love our cookbooks because they (1) have a picture of every recipe...I don't try new recipes unless I can see what they SHOULD look like when I am done:eek: and (2) They are spriral bound, so you can open it up all of the way and fold it back on itself so it takes up less space on your counter while you are using it. Make sure to pop it into a ziploc bag to keep splatters off of it!

If I pick up the ATB cookbook and show of the page that tells you how to make the rings/braids and say that this is my favorite book, I usually sell 5 of them. If they are just sitting on the coffee table, they usually don't sell.

Same here Kelly...I sell more all the best's than anything, and it seems that repeat customers who have that one buy a different one at the next show. I always pack them along and put them out by the catalogs and am sure to tell everyone that they are there b/c I would never buy a cookbook just from looking at a picture of the cover. I always mention that the All the Best is a great one to start with b/c it has all kinds of recipes from appetizers to desserts.

I've also been trying to accumulate all the cookbooks. At my show yesterday I did sell some, but I also made it a point to pass them around. And I agree with all of you, I NEED to see those pictures!

I agree with the All the Best... everytime I have passed it around (and not just had it setting out) I have sold at least one! Especially when I make a ring/braid/twist! I would totally suggest some grilling tools, SA bowl and SA round platter and the Stoneware fluted pan... this way for summer you can do a grilling show and do a salad, and then tell them since they saved some calories with the salad, let's make a cake and not heat up the whole house doing it! I just bought some of the grilling tools and already have 1 grilling booking from mentioning that I can do that type of show (and there were only 2 guests at the show!)

I think that All the Best is excellent and if it's in your budget try to get the Cooking for Two & More--I sell one of these at least at every show but it's also b/c I rave about the gourmet but manageable recipes. I would defineately get the stoneware fluted pan. I do microwave cakes all the time and always sell a few at these at those shows. If you have a job aside from PC a girl in my cluster has made a micro cake and left it in the lunchroom for people to enjoy with a note saying if you want the recipe come see me... She then shows off the pan & that it was made in the microwave and has sold them & booked shows that way.

oy vay I did a fluted microwave cake at my show last weekend and it was a disaster! In my home microwave it takes exactly 10 min to be perfect. After 10 min, hers was still raw. I cooked in 2 min intervals and ended up ruining it! The inside was yum, but the outside was hard as a rock. It was so embarassing!!!! It was for her bday, too. They were very nice about it, but I was mortified. So, how do you successfully do the microwave cake in a host's microwave and not ruin it???? Thx, Deb

4kids4me said:
oy vay I did a fluted microwave cake at my show last weekend and it was a disaster! In my home microwave it takes exactly 10 min to be perfect. After 10 min, hers was still raw. I cooked in 2 min intervals and ended up ruining it! The inside was yum, but the outside was hard as a rock. It was so embarassing!!!! It was for her bday, too. They were very nice about it, but I was mortified. So, how do you successfully do the microwave cake in a host's microwave and not ruin it???? Thx, Deb

Yes, do tell... I did one in the fluted stone tonight for the first time and it was cooked but all falling apart... came out of the stone in chunks (I let it cool 5 minutes)... I would have been very embarassed to make it at my show tomorrow which I was trying it out for.

What Products Should I Stock With?

If you're wondering what products to stock with for your Pampered Chef business, here are the top 5 frequently asked questions and their answers:

1. Can I sell any products I want?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have access to a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and products to choose from. However, to ensure consistency and maintain the brand's reputation, we recommend focusing on our top-selling products and seasonal collections.

2. How do I know which products are the most popular?

We regularly update our best-selling products list, which can be found on the Pampered Chef consultant website. You can also ask your team leader or fellow consultants for their recommendations and insights on the most popular products in your area.

3. Are there any products that I should avoid stocking with?

While we encourage diversity in your product selection, we recommend avoiding any products that may have a high return rate or have not been selling well. As a consultant, you have the flexibility to choose which products to stock with, but always keep in mind the preferences and needs of your customers.

4. Can I offer discounts or promotions on certain products?

Yes, as a consultant, you have the freedom to offer promotions or discounts on products of your choice. However, we recommend consulting with your team leader and following the company's guidelines on pricing and promotions to ensure consistency across all consultants.

5. Do I need to stock with a certain amount of products?

There is no set requirement for the number of products you need to stock with as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, we recommend having a diverse range of products to cater to different customer needs and preferences. It's always better to have a few best-selling products in stock rather than a large number of slow-moving products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jkowalski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
cookingwithmel
Replies
Views
Admin Greg