• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the recipe for a stoneware and microwave cake?

In summary, the conversation is about baking a cake in stoneware and using a microwave. The person is looking for a recipe for a cake that can be cooked in both the stoneware and the microwave. They also ask for ideas for a first party recipe and for suggestions on using different types of stoneware for baking. Some people suggest using a larger microwave or turning the stoneware while cooking to avoid burning. Others mention using alternative methods, such as using an oven or rotating the cake manually. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of checking the size and type of microwave before attempting to bake a cake in it.
Cape_PC
I am doing my first show next weekend and I am very nervous. Can someone please tell me the recipe for a cake that gets cooked in the stoneware and then gets cooked in the microwave. I want to show the versatility of the stoneware. Also, if anyone has any ideas for a first party recipe that would help! Thanks!

I attached a recipe file for the stoneware fluted pan. In there is Killer Kahlua Cake, yummy!

Attachments

• fluted stone recipes.doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 352
Can ou do this recipe in any of the stoneware or just the fluted pan?

Has anyone had problems with baking a cake in the microwave due to the microwave being too small? I tried making a pumpkin spice cake the other day in the fluted pan and my microwave was too small for the pan to completely rotate--it hit against the sides of the microwave...so I turned it half way through as if it had no turn table. I still had problems with some of the cake being burnt yet the portion by the handles was soupy. Is there a minimum sized microwave that should be used? I don't want to suggest doing a cake in the microwave to a host unless I know it will cook correctly.Suggestions welcome!

I've been at a show with my director when we ran into an issue with a too-small microwave. She improvised by dumping the cake mix into a 10-inch executive skillet the host had and popped it in the oven. My personal microwave has a finicky turntable and only works half the time, so when I do it at home, it doesn't come out all that great. Many of the flyers/recipes I've seen for micro-cakes say the fluted stone must be able to rotate freely so the cake cooks evenly.

I always check the size of the micro when I get to the hosts home then I am just through it in the oven if I need to. As far as making them in other pieces of stoneware.... the flutted pan works the best. I have use the deep dish baker, but it gets kinda funny in the middle.

I don't have a turntable in my microwave, and it is possible to do a cake in the fluted pan. Rotate it a quarter turn every 3 minutes. If the microwave is very powerful and it's not likely that the cake will take a full 12 minutes, rotate it a quarter turn every 2 minutes.

Thanks for the thoughts! I appreciate the help!

1. What is the microwave cake recipe and what ingredients do I need?

The microwave cake recipe is a quick and easy way to make a delicious cake in the microwave. To make it, you will need 1 box of cake mix, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of oil, and 1 cup of water.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for the microwave cake recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for this recipe. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the type of cake mix you use.

3. How long does it take to cook the microwave cake?

The cooking time for the microwave cake is usually between 5-7 minutes. It is important to follow the directions on the cake mix box for the appropriate cooking time.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to the microwave cake?

Yes, you can add additional ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to the cake mix before cooking. This will add extra flavor and texture to the cake.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for the microwave cake?

It is best to use a microwave-safe dish or pan for the microwave cake. However, if you do not have one, you can use a regular cake pan and cover it with microwave-safe plastic wrap before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • chanddl