• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso: Cake Recipe in the Microwave/ Stoneware Fluted Pan?

In summary, the cake described in the conversation was made in a stoneware fluted pan. The recipe called for mixing a cake mix with sour cream and eggs, putting it in the pan, and microwaving it for 12 minutes. The cake was then turned over on a plate and slid right out. The cake also had peanut butter and chocolate on top.
esavvymom
Staff member
I heard someone talking on a training call about a cake that you put the cake icing and the cake batter in a stoneware fluted pan and it all cooks up at once.

I wasn't sure what cake recipe this would be talking about. I looked at the recipes file. I found a couple "Microwave Miracle Cakes" or 12-minute cakes that sound similar to what she was describing. But her's seemed more simple.

TTIA. :chef:

You can make it in the Rice cooker plus, it's called Molten Lava Cake, it's in the files under the rice cooker.You can also do it in the fluted stone. Just mix up a cake mix, pour it in a greased fluted stone. Use the medium scoop and put scoops of the frosting on top of the batter--not the entire can of frosting (I save a little for touching up the appearance later.) Cook in microwave for 12 minutes. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so, then invert it on round platter. Then I warm up the leftover frosting in a prep bowl for 10-15 seconds and put it over areas that need touching up. Very yummy and moist. I love doing the German Chocolate cake with the pecan coconut frosting.

Great!! Thank you!

be aware it doesn't work with the whipped frosting...it just runs like liquid when you flip the cake over.... If you do use it, you will want to use a larger dish or platter to catch the run-off frosting...

I made the mistake of using a plate that was just big enough and the frosting ran all over my hands and the hosts counter... it was a mess. :yuck:
consider it lesson learned...

Here are some recipes I have... sorry if they are duplicates....

enjoy!!!

Attachments

• fluted stone recipes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 511
  • 50 fluted stone recipes.doc
    72.5 KB · Views: 757
These are great! Thanks!

just a little thing I learned about making the cake in the rice cooker...make sure you're using the Plastic ring & lid, the cake will be much moister!

I made the "Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake" tonight (from the "Recipes" section here on CS). THAT WAS SO GOOD!!!!! We had a guest in town and I had lasagna sitting on the counter just out of the oven, and the bread was getting browned. So I whipped up the cake real quick and popped it in the microwave. I didn't use Baker's Joy- I sprayed oil on my stoneware fluted pan with my kitchen spritzer, and then used my shaker to sprinkle powdered sugar in the pan (doesn't get goopy like flour. :D). I was a little nervous that it was going to bubble over the edge of the pan- it came CLOSE, but never did. As we ate dinner, it sat in the microwave the 30 minutes after it was cooked. I then turned it over on a plate and it just slid right out!! YEAH!!!I think we all had two slices....bad, I know, but it just made a simple chocolate cake seem FABULOUS!! Thanks again!

here are some. change info to yours!

Attachments

• Microwave Cakes.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 732
  • MICROWAVECAKERECIPES[2].doc
    88.5 KB · Views: 525
  • Fluted Pan Recipe Book.doc
    109.5 KB · Views: 571
  • fluted pan recipes.doc
    35 KB · Views: 354
  • GREAT flutedpan recipe list.doc
    114.5 KB · Views: 415
Ooh, thanks scott!

Thanks Scott!

Dont forget my abesolute fave.... :p:D:chef:

Attachments

• Snickers Miracle Cake.doc
    27 KB · Views: 602
bsaxman said:
Dont forget my abesolute fave.... :p:D:chef:

Oh my gosh! Thank sound heavenly! :thumbup:

I'm a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix or a micro cake....this is the only exception:

Peanutty Chocolate Cake
This decadent cake is a cinch to assemble and bakes up in a flash in the microwave oven.

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 ounces, 2 cups) sour cream
3 eggs
8 Reeses peanut butter cup candies (regular size, not miniatures)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

1. Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix to sour cream mixture; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining cake batter, spreading evenly.

3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto serving platter.

4. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.

5. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tips: To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All® Cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.

To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

That sounds yummy,too. If only we all lived nearby and could get together....each bringing a dessert for a fun filled evening!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm a cake snob and I can't stand a cake mix or a micro cake....this is the only exception:

Peanutty Chocolate Cake
This decadent cake is a cinch to assemble and bakes up in a flash in the microwave oven.

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 ounces, 2 cups) sour cream
3 eggs
8 Reeses peanut butter cup candies (regular size, not miniatures)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

1. Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

2. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add cake mix to sour cream mixture; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining cake batter, spreading evenly.

3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top.) Remove to Stackable Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto serving platter.

4. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.

5. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tips: To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All® Cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Kitchen Shears, cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.

To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.

If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

I made that at a party back in November at a Host's request. She had an old 2001 or 2002 Season's best CB and wanted to do it. Everyone had to get the recipe when it was over. It is delicious!!!

Man! After reading these recipes, I'm realizing it is a BAD time to be a Weight Watchers member....talk about an up-hill battle.

I mean- I can't make a recipe and give it away without first testing to make sure it's good, right?! Man...what would Bob and Jillian say.:eek:

1. Can I use any cake recipe in the microwave with the stoneware fluted pan?

Yes, you can use any cake recipe in the microwave with the stoneware fluted pan. However, it is important to note that cooking times may vary depending on the specific recipe and microwave wattage. It is recommended to follow the recipe instructions for microwave cooking or adjust the cooking time accordingly.

2. How do I prepare the stoneware fluted pan for microwave use?

To prepare the stoneware fluted pan for microwave use, simply follow the instructions for seasoning the pan that came with your product. This typically involves lightly greasing the pan and baking it in the microwave for a few minutes before use. It is important to ensure the pan is properly seasoned to prevent sticking and achieve the best results.

3. How long does it take to bake a cake in the microwave using the stoneware fluted pan?

The baking time for a cake in the microwave using the stoneware fluted pan will vary depending on the specific recipe and microwave wattage. It is recommended to follow the recipe instructions for microwave cooking or adjust the cooking time accordingly. Generally, microwave baking times are shorter than traditional oven baking times.

4. Can I use the stoneware fluted pan in a conventional oven?

Yes, the stoneware fluted pan can also be used in a conventional oven. However, it is important to follow the temperature and cooking time instructions for the specific recipe you are using. The pan may also need to be seasoned differently for oven use compared to microwave use.

5. Is it safe to put the stoneware fluted pan in the microwave?

Yes, the stoneware fluted pan is safe to use in the microwave. It is made of high-quality, heat-resistant stoneware that can withstand the high temperatures of microwave cooking. However, it is important to follow the instructions for seasoning and use to ensure the best results and prevent any damage to the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjwr
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Nfldfran