• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What I Hate Most About Change-Of-Season

In summary, there are complaints about the price changes and discontinued items on CS. Some people are angry that those who have not participated in the Spring Launch should just be patient and wait, while others are angry that those who have not participated are not privy to information until it is posted on CC. There is also discussion about whether those who have been consultants for all of two weeks are entitled to have their opinion heard.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
...is all the bitchy, catty, holier-than-though, pain-in-the-ass comments that are all over CS....sheesh!

hahaha! that's why I haven't gone over there in a while.

I am trying to stay off of CS. It was quiet today with a lot people at SL. I am curious what tomorrow will bring.

LOL!!!What are they complaining about now?

I've tried to stay off for awhile. I met Jolie-Paradoxe today at the SL in San Marcos! She spoke and she was AWESOME!!

Somebody posted the price changes & discontinued items. Now there's a big uproar about how the ones who "chose not to go" should just be patient & wait until corporate announces it after the last Spring Launch.

I really dislike the "chose not to go" statements. It's not always that easy for some of us to drop everything & fork over the money that would be required to do what we would really love to do. :(

When I hit ED level, maybe I'll be in a better position to afford those extra luxuries on the opposite side of the world!!! ;)

Laurie hasn't been on here in a while! Did she say why?

Geez, I gotcha. I have a friend on that board who is also on FB who posted "please don't share anything I want to be surprised". Ok fine. Then she FB'd it--a couple of times. Then she FB'd about not posting announcements either....geez we got it already. Then when Beth P posted the discontinued items and they were fb'd she whined about that....enough already!!!

BTW, Linda, thanks for liking my team page on FB! We got our own URL! My team is excited about our own page--thanks for your help!

Sheila said:
Somebody posted the price changes & discontinued items. Now there's a big uproar about how the ones who "chose not to go" should just be patient & wait until corporate announces it after the last Spring Launch.

I really dislike the "chose not to go" statements. It's not always that easy for some of us to drop everything & fork over the money that would be required to do what we would really love to do. :(

When I hit ED level, maybe I'll be in a better position to afford those extra luxuries on the opposite side of the world!!! ;)

Whether it's "choose not to go" or "can't go" no one is entitled to know the information until it is posted on CC. HO asks us NOT to share until all SL's have happened so all participants have had the opportunity to be equally excited and surprised. What's wrong with that?

I have no problem with you (Sheila) getting the info to share over in Japan from your fellow directors - HO should provide it to overseas consultants IMHO - and I personally did ask my director friends if they would share as I HAD paid to go but was in the hospital during my launch. If they had chosen not to share I would not have been upset with them. I could have waited those few more days - it just gave me something else to think about. I am anxious and excited to really see it all and hate that I missed all the excitement in Charlotte.

I don't understand why people think that just because someone knows something they should know it too. People need to get over it.

Linda - I don't know if you ever went back to that thread you posted on on CS but I defended you.

Thanks Beth - I just went over there and read it - I don't even know who those people are. It seems to me it's the newbees who always make the meanest, most selfish comments. I find I go to CS less and less and haven't gotten any useful info from there in a long time, mostly gossip.

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks Beth - I just went over there and read it - I don't even know who those people are. It seems to me it's the newbees who always make the meanest, most selfish comments. I find I go to CS less and less and haven't gotten any useful info from there in a long time, mostly gossip.

Yeah, I totally agree.

pamperedlinda said:

bethcooks4u said:
Yeah, I totally agree.

Okay, probably not good, but I had to find the thread and add my two cents. :p

When people who have been consultants for all of two weeks start spouting off and thinking they know it all, and are attacking my Girls...I had to chime in just a bit.

I'm probably going to get blasted now on the thread. Oh well.

Chefbeckyd said:
When people who have been consultants for all of two weeks start spouting off and thinking they know it all, and are attacking my Girls...I had to chime in just a bit.

I'm that way too Becky and found that most of the time I was on CS, I was defending people I knew.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when Jennifer S and I got into it because of her dishonesty about submitting shows. I told her she was a hypocrite for posting about her dishonesty and then quoting scripture in her signature line. IMO, just because you quote scripture, it doesn't give you absolution. I just couldn't take it anymore after that and cancelled my subscription.

bethcooks4u said:
I don't understand why people think that just because someone knows something they should know it too. People need to get over it.

Because we work with a bunch of women and many of them cannot keep their mouths shut. They always need to be the 1st one to tell the news, makes them feel important.

I love CS...only so I can get what I want from it...and that is so not me, but I found when people ticked me off and it added to a negative mood, I decided that it was time to go on only as needed. I may not go on for over a month at a time but if I need some information about a subject and want to explore, consultant's corner, DS and then if I don't find something, I go to CS.

I have enough drama in my life and don't need theirs. Bless those that are still posting, supporting and defending our DS sisters.

Soooooo happy we have the great group of peeks here on DS!!:party:

...and I guess next week when we all start getting our SAT and Director packs the rants about the ebay postings will start....joy :sick:

pamperedlinda said:
...and I guess next week when we all start getting our SAT and Director packs the rants about the ebay postings will start....joy :sick:

I always like to be prepared for the worst so good to have heads up on this!

pamperedlinda said:

I never even look at those threads anymore.

Chefbeckyd said:
Okay, probably not good, but I had to find the thread and add my two cents. :p

I'm probably going to get blasted now on the thread. Oh well.

It almost reads like you are saying my post is the one that is in bad form. Those very people we are talking to are sure to see it as such. ...sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort to try to explain the whys. Oh well.

...and Becky I know you were being supportive of my statement - just saying how some will probably read it.

now I have to know.. what is the thread?

Gracias Ms. Linda. off to get your back.. muhahahahahahaaaa

Ok well Beth just said it so well all I could do was agree with her. But wow. Turds.

bethcooks4u said:
It almost reads like you are saying my post is the one that is in bad form. Those very people we are talking to are sure to see it as such. ...sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort to try to explain the whys. Oh well.

...and Becky I know you were being supportive of my statement - just saying how some will probably read it.

Oh, geez, does it read like that to you? I totally meant it to support what you were saying.

Seriously - the ones who were making the biggest stink - almost all of their posts have to do with wanting someone to tell them stuff ahead of time, or complaining about something else. If that's all you have to contribute, then it's better to remain a lurker. :rolleyes:

beckyjsmith said:
Ok well Beth just said it so well all I could do was agree with her. But wow. Turds.

lol...you said 'turds'!

pamperedlinda said:
lol...you said 'turds'!

OMG! So funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Chefbeckyd said:
Oh, geez, does it read like that to you? I totally meant it to support what you were saying.

Seriously - the ones who were making the biggest stink - almost all of their posts have to do with wanting someone to tell them stuff ahead of time, or complaining about something else. If that's all you have to contribute, then it's better to remain a lurker. :rolleyes:

I could just be being sensitive (remember, I'm still on drugs). No worries. I KNOW what you meant.

I'm still shaking my head at how entitled so many people act. It's not like they won't know in plenty of time for the season.

I think all OUR talk on there lately has made them slink off to think about it or lick their wounds (whatever) for now - at least I hope they got the message anyway.

I hoped you'd like that. :)

bethcooks4u said:
Whether it's "choose not to go" or "can't go" no one is entitled to know the information until it is posted on CC. HO asks us NOT to share until all SL's have happened so all participants have had the opportunity to be equally excited and surprised. What's wrong with that?

I have no problem with you (Sheila) getting the info to share over in Japan from your fellow directors - HO should provide it to overseas consultants IMHO - and I personally did ask my director friends if they would share as I HAD paid to go but was in the hospital during my launch. If they had chosen not to share I would not have been upset with them. I could have waited those few more days - it just gave me something else to think about. I am anxious and excited to really see it all and hate that I missed all the excitement in Charlotte.

Linda - I don't know if you ever went back to that thread you posted on on CS but I defended you.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the ones who have not yet attended SL making it until their date without a spoiler. I definitely want them to still be surprised! But if people are willing to share in PM or e-mail, there are lots of people (not just overseas consultants) who couldn't attend for whatever reason that would love to have the info. You ended up not being able to attend, and I feel confident that you were probably not the only one out there who wanted to go & couldn't. You were lucky that you had someone willing to share the info & not tell you to wait. I'm sure on or off medication you would have had your feelings hurt if your upline had told you to "put on your big girl panties" and wait because you were "not entitled" to the info. Although it's true that other's don't HAVE to share, it's nice when they are polite enough to do so. We begged our sales manager this year to get permission to give us something to do our own SL, but it fell on deaf ears. CS & DCS people made it possible for us to have SL in Japan 2 years in a row and for that, I am VERY grateful.

There are always people who are in the hospital, recovering from surgery/c-section, too far along in their pregnancy to travel, attending a funeral of a loved one, etc who just can't go. Then you have the ones who just started their business & financially can't afford to go, has a controlling spouse who won't let them go, has a child who just got arrested and has to be watched like a hawk, etc. I wouldn't want to be the person rubbing salt in their wound and saying that they shouldn't get the info because they didn't attend and are "not entitled" to have the info. I see that as being mean. When others are posting threads about how amazing it was & how everyone will love the new products when they see them, it makes the ones who couldn't go wish they could have gone that much more. :(

It may seem mean, but it is true! The information will be available to everyone AFTER all of the Spring Launches have been held. That's it, period. Those are the rules. No matter what the circumstances were surrounding the reason they could not attend, they are NOT entitled to the information before it is available. Choices have consequences. That's a fact of life. Everyone thinks they have an exemption. URGH!

I hate even having this conversation! It is so petty. It upsets me that anyone shared with anyone! I think it is HO responsibility to get the information to all of their consultants. They should've had a plan in place for overseas consultants. However, at this time they do not. So, IMHO I think those consultants should have to wait til after the 12th also. BUT, does it really matter?!?!!!! The sun will still rise! My kids will still drive me nuts! And everyone who wishes will have a business!! It is time for everyone to grow up and MOVE ON!

The overseas consultants disagree. We are tired of feeling like the stepchildren. :(

Sheila said:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the ones who have not yet attended SL making it until their date without a spoiler. I definitely want them to still be surprised! But if people are willing to share in PM or e-mail, there are lots of people (not just overseas consultants) who couldn't attend for whatever reason that would love to have the info. You ended up not being able to attend, and I feel confident that you were probably not the only one out there who wanted to go & couldn't. You were lucky that you had someone willing to share the info & not tell you to wait. I'm sure on or off medication you would have had your feelings hurt if your upline had told you to "put on your big girl panties" and wait because you were "not entitled" to the info. Although it's true that other's don't HAVE to share, it's nice when they are polite enough to do so. We begged our sales manager this year to get permission to give us something to do our own SL, but it fell on deaf ears. CS & DCS people made it possible for us to have SL in Japan 2 years in a row and for that, I am VERY grateful.

There are always people who are in the hospital, recovering from surgery/c-section, too far along in their pregnancy to travel, attending a funeral of a loved one, etc who just can't go. Then you have the ones who just started their business & financially can't afford to go, has a controlling spouse who won't let them go, has a child who just got arrested and has to be watched like a hawk, etc. I wouldn't want to be the person rubbing salt in their wound and saying that they shouldn't get the info because they didn't attend and are "not entitled" to have the info. I see that as being mean. When others are posting threads about how amazing it was & how everyone will love the new products when they see them, it makes the ones who couldn't go wish they could have gone that much more. :(

Wow. That is just wrong. I would think they would WANT to give you more support being so far away. Would you like the copy of Lydia's presentation as well? I will be so happy to send that to ya. She was phenomenal.

Yes Becky, I would love to have it! :D

I will be on my other puter in a little while and I will send it to ya. I am seriously stealing a huge portion of her show. I'm not above it. :)
I see both sides. Like I said before- personally I am not the least bit upset to see something early. I understand that other people are, and I understand that the rules are we aren't supposed to share.
I thought Beth's response was very diplomatic so I gave her a yeah what she said. I threw in the turds comment to give everyone a chuckle. :) I really am that simple, lol.

Sheila said:

My upline did not share a single thing. A friend did but she did not have to and I would have been fine not knowing. It was not my right to know as no matter why I couldn't go, I didn't. What I object to is not that people learn things early if their friends are willing to share but that they whine and complain that it shouldn't be a secret and feel entitled to know. HO asks us to keep the info under wraps until all SL's have happened. How is it mean to follow the request of our company? It is not fair to those whose launches are later if people are posting the news all over the place. They don't get the excitement and experience as the first people even though they took the time and paid the fees. I think that's "mean". EVERYONE is entitled to the info on the date that HO releases it on the website but not before. How is following what HO asks "rubbing salt in wounds". On this we totally disagree.

If enough of the over seas consultants contact HO about being left out and give ideas as to how it could be fixed they will listen. They probably won't do a SL over there but I could see them sending a packet to directors like they do with the trip reveal in January.

I normally can bite my tongue on CS but every once and a while the cattiness makes me snap and they get an eyesight full of my thoughts. My last explosion was the rant about the spoiler thread actually being a spoiler. If its advertised and you don't want to know - don't enter. Real hard concept... (sarcasm)

Thanks Becky!

Beth, you just came off as being a bit aggressive over on CS.

I agree Melissa. It was titled a spoiler thread. Although it was fun at first, it eventually morphed into an actual spoiler. I disagreed with the way the one girl posted her list of "predictions" when it was really a list of things she saw in the new catalog & then the link to the catalog without fair warning ... she should have flat out said "I found the link to the catalog and am posting it ... DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK IF YOU DON'T WANT THE REAL SPOILER!!!" Her link is how we did our Spring Launch here in Japan, so I was one of the few who really appreciated knowing about it ... but I totally agree that HOW she posted it was wrong and that she ruined the fun for the ones who were able to go to Spring Launch. :(

What upsets me is that a guy on my team who is just out of his 90 days looked. He didn't know how much of a big deal it was. I paid to go, to get the excitement and the stuff and the reveal. I didn't pay to get the info before everyone else, but I do want the experience. I saw a small glance of the new catalog cover from someone who posted it as their profile pic on facebook! Luckily my blood sugar was up so my eyes weren't focusing very fast.I understand there are issues and things happen. I had to miss a Leadership because I had to put Husband in the mental hospital. I missed out on everything - including the new career plan announcement. However, I made the right choice for me at that time. I did whine and complain to myself and to my friends because I did want to be there. Not because I was entitiled to the info.Lastly, this is the first time I have had team members go to ANYTHING! There is so much more to these conferences than just the info - networking, practical tips from the test kitchen people, talking with HO people, getting face time with the PC royalty, getting recognized, etc. It's not just about the products and the recipes. I don't want my team to feel that the time, effort and money they did put into it wasn't worth it because they could have saved all that and gotten the info online. I want them there for the intangibles and the things I can't give them - the whole picture experience.I can stay away from clicking a link (most of the time), but I can't keep my team from it.

Shelia - they should do something different for overseas consultants. I'll see what I can do with my NED contacts (know 6 pretty well) and HO contacts. It is just silly to even think you would FLY OVERSEAS for an event that is just 7 hours!!! Even more silly if there is no friends or family in the area of a SL so they could also take a vacation. Heck, I spent $500 on travel, hotel and SL last year and it was really steep. I don't think that would have even covered a one way ticket from Japan!I suggest we all talk with our upper level contacts and have them get on the ball, too!

I completely agree with Sheila!!!

From Tokyo, it's a good $1,200-$1,700 depending on the notice. Even more if you are flying in to Tokyo & then on to the states. I agree, that's way too much for a 1 day event. Heck, it's a lot for National Conference, but several of us are planing to do it this year anyway. For most of us, it will be our first one. I had just signed in '08 & couldn't afford the trip from Okinawa. '09 I was a new mom and recovering from a c-section. '10 we were in the middle of a military move from Okinawa to Tokyo (I really wanted to walk the stage as a new Director too!). '11 is my year! LOL If I don't get to walk as a SD (my goal before then), I'll definitely be walking as an AD. :D

Sheila said:
Beth, you just came off as being a bit aggressive over on CS.

That's your opinion. I don't think everyone agrees with that. I say it like it is. I'm not the first one to use the "big girl panties", in fact that terminology is not really me. BUT it fit in this circumstance. After post after post whining that they should get the info and that those that know were wrong for not sharing and it's not fair and especially the post I quoted that lambasted Linda it needed to be said.

It is NO ONE's right to have the info early. Those that commit to going, both in time and $$ (they could have done shows or spent time with their family, some may have been ill - last year one of my consultants spent the day in the BR w/morning sickness - some had to travel and get hotels...) deserved to have the advance info. HO is telling everyone all the details on Monday. That's just 10 days after the first launch and plenty of time before the new season. Get over it.

Again, if privately friends shared with friends there is no issues (after all I did it too) but it's the public "I deserve to know" that is wrong. You did it too. I understand that you are in Japan and that creates challenges, you tell us that all the time. I also agree that HO should provide a way for you all to get it too but then you will get it on Monday and there's no reason you couldn't have done your launch then. Asking on here for the info was a good idea on your part and several people said they'd send you the info early but if they hadn't it really wouldn't have been that big a deal.

It's a 10 day window. Not something that needs all this attention.

The only way for HO to avoid this is to have ALL of the Spring Launches on the same day. But that would mean that there would be fewer location and more travel involved. Clearly they can't make everyone happy... and some won't be happy no matter what.This is all exactly why I NEVER and will NEVER recommend CS to anyone on my team.

That's one of the great thing about America Beth, we all have a right to have our own opinions. We'll just have to agree to disagree. ;)

So, what do you think about the price of cotton in Iran? It is so high you can't even get a decent turban anymore :D!

This is what I always say when the discuss gets heated and is not going anywhere. Just one more day and it will be all over.

cookingwithlove said:
So, what do you thing about the price of cotton in Iran? It is so high you can't even get a decent turban anymore:D!

This is what I always say when the discuss gets heated and is not going anywhere. Just one more day and it will be all over.

:D:D:D:D:D
I like it!

You're funny Wendy! LOL

Shoot! The cost of Cotton in Iran went up AGAIN? LOL...great post.

Happy Spring Selling season everyone! 18 more days till March 1......

Can I hear a yahoo???

<h2>1. Why do people become more negative and critical during seasonal changes?</h2><p>It is common for people to experience a shift in mood and behavior during seasonal changes due to a variety of factors such as weather, daylight hours, and stress levels. This can lead to an increase in negativity and criticism towards others.</p><h2>2. How can I avoid getting caught up in the "bitchy" comments during seasonal changes?</h2><p>One way to avoid getting caught up in negative comments is to focus on the positive aspects of the seasonal change and try to maintain a positive attitude. It can also be helpful to distance yourself from those who consistently make negative comments.</p><h2>3. Why do people feel the need to be holier-than-thou during seasonal changes?</h2><p>Some individuals may feel the need to assert their superiority or show off their knowledge during seasonal changes as a way to boost their own self-esteem. This behavior can also stem from insecurities and a desire to fit in with a certain group.</p><h2>4. What can I do if I find myself being a "pain-in-the-ass" during seasonal changes?</h2><p>If you realize that you are being overly critical or negative during seasonal changes, take a step back and reflect on the reasons behind your behavior. It can also be helpful to practice empathy and try to see things from others' perspectives.</p><h2>5. How can I help create a more positive and supportive environment during seasonal changes?</h2><p>One way to create a more positive environment during seasonal changes is to actively promote kindness and understanding towards others. This can include avoiding negative gossip and offering support and encouragement to those who may be struggling with the changes.</p>

1. Why do people become more negative and critical during seasonal changes?

It is common for people to experience a shift in mood and behavior during seasonal changes due to a variety of factors such as weather, daylight hours, and stress levels. This can lead to an increase in negativity and criticism towards others.

2. How can I avoid getting caught up in the "bitchy" comments during seasonal changes?

One way to avoid getting caught up in negative comments is to focus on the positive aspects of the seasonal change and try to maintain a positive attitude. It can also be helpful to distance yourself from those who consistently make negative comments.

3. Why do people feel the need to be holier-than-thou during seasonal changes?

Some individuals may feel the need to assert their superiority or show off their knowledge during seasonal changes as a way to boost their own self-esteem. This behavior can also stem from insecurities and a desire to fit in with a certain group.

4. What can I do if I find myself being a "pain-in-the-ass" during seasonal changes?

If you realize that you are being overly critical or negative during seasonal changes, take a step back and reflect on the reasons behind your behavior. It can also be helpful to practice empathy and try to see things from others' perspectives.

5. How can I help create a more positive and supportive environment during seasonal changes?

One way to create a more positive environment during seasonal changes is to actively promote kindness and understanding towards others. This can include avoiding negative gossip and offering support and encouragement to those who may be struggling with the changes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • Inomiamenda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PamperedChefDebi