• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What Are You Making in December?

In summary, the attendee said she doesn't cook at her shows anymore, but she teaches people how to make healthy meals at home. The most fun part of my job is doing the demo and showing people how to use the tools to make healthy meals at home. She also said she would love to make the cupcakes that were mentioned earlier.
I am drawing a complete blank!! I thought about cookie shows but I am not sure I want to mess with it. Right now I carry one crate and it is a lot of high dollar items. I thought about and appetizer but have no idea what I would want to offer. What are you doing?

I'm thinking cupcakes!

These are the ones that I did last year for a party & they went over REALLY well. Figured I might teach the hosts/guests at my December Shows how to make them. ;)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165283_472322002915_594477915_5803337_1178821_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/69716_472322072915_594477915_5803341_4866748_n.jpg

One of my favorite appetizers to make is the steamed wontons. Then, I serve them with different dipping sauces.

I actually have 2 shows in a row that are gluten-free, and want appetizers - so we're making Mexican Cheese Crisps for those. (making the guacamole topping in the MFP!)

Where is the Mexican Cheese Crisps recipe please?

One of the attendees at the Heritage Home event kept saying she was hearing that a lot of top performers aren't even cooking at shows anymore. I'm planning on doing the Red Velvet Lava Cake with Peppermint Ice cream and that's it. My focus is going to be on the tools... not the food.

bethcooks4u said:
Where is the Mexican Cheese Crisps recipe please?

It's one of the Mexican In Minutes recipes - it's also in the Winter 2010 SB. :)

finley1991 said:
One of the attendees at the Heritage Home event kept saying she was hearing that a lot of top performers aren't even cooking at shows anymore. I'm planning on doing the Red Velvet Lava Cake with Peppermint Ice cream and that's it. My focus is going to be on the tools... not the food.

There was one of the attendees in my group who said she doesn't cook at her shows anymore.

pcjenni said:
There was one of the attendees in my group who said she doesn't cook at her shows anymore.

So what does she do??? Have the host make food? Just talk about products? Do a dry demo?
Inquiring minds want to know (while we wait on pins and needles for stats to update!!)

When my original D started back in the late 90s, we didn't have the videos, etc and her upline was out of state so she started blind... she hadn't even attended a show! She didn't know until she went to her first NC that she was supposed to cook at shows. She just went and put the catalogs and products out (kind of like jewelry shows) and earned TPC her first year!I keep hearing the words... "It's not about the recipe... It's not about the recipe... it's not about the recipe..."

I am thinking of going back to Baked Brie and then making the Homemade for the Holidays pretzel wreaths. When I've done those shoes in the past they've been really fun. I need FUN right now!

I'm offering the Brie & the pizza dip & of course the lava cake!

Sheila.....I'd LOVE to make those cupcakes!!! I remember last year you posted a website....

pcjenni said:

The most fun part of my job (for me) is doing the demo and showing people how to use the tools to make healthy meals at home. If I didn't cook at my shows, much of the fun would be sucked right out of my job. I'm glad I can do my job the way I like - I guess it's not just about the money for me!

I love the cooking/recipe part!

I am going to try a new recipe, kind of a twist on the fajitas,

Chicken Teriyaki Wraps,

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 med. yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
salt/pepper
Asian Seasoning Mix
1/4-1/2 c. Honey Teriyaki Sauce
1 T cornstarch

Use the veggie wedger to wedge the onion, slice the pepper with the ultimate mandoline and place in the deep covered baker. Lay chicken breasts on top and season with salt, pepper and Asian Seasoning. Cover and microwave for 12- 14 minutes, or until chicken is done, sitrring halfway through cook time. Drain and chop coarsly with Salad Choppers. Combine Teriyaki and Cornstarch and whisk well using stainless whisk. Pour in teriyaki misture into baker and combine well with chicken and vegetables; heat for 2 minutes.
Serve in warmed tortillas.

almondfarm said:
I love the cooking/recipe part!

I am going to try a new recipe, kind of a twist on the fajitas,

Chicken Teriyaki Wraps,

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 med. yellow onion
1 green bell pepper
salt/pepper
Asian Seasoning Mix
1/4-1/2 c. Honey Teriyaki Sauce
1 T cornstarch

Use the veggie wedger to wedge the onion, slice the pepper with the ultimate mandoline and place in the deep covered baker. Lay chicken breasts on top and season with salt, pepper and Asian Seasoning. Cover and microwave for 12- 14 minutes, or until chicken is done, sitrring halfway through cook time. Drain and chop coarsly with Salad Choppers. Combine Teriyaki and Cornstarch and whisk well using stainless whisk. Pour in teriyaki misture into baker and combine well with chicken and vegetables; heat for 2 minutes.
Serve in warmed tortillas.

Those sound fabulous!

annew said:
Sheila.....I'd LOVE to make those cupcakes!!! I remember last year you posted a website....

Anne, my NED did some with the big marshmallows. I think the little marshmallows present better. I tried coloring my own sugar, but it was too pastel for what I wanted. So I did this batch with the sprinkles that you buy at the grocery store that are brighter. Here's Deena's link of her doing the mini ones: Mini Poinsettia Cupcakes

Peppermint Martinis and Tuxedo Brownie Cups.

As far as the no cook demo. She made a braid or ring ahead of time and cooks it at the hostesses house. Takes a potato and demos everything . Guessing it works for her because she was on the trip with me. I too like doing a demo, people connect with us over the demo.

5 oz. Vanilla Vodka
2 oz. white creme de menthe
1/2 oz. peppermint schnapps

Sheila said:
Anne, my NED did some with the big marshmallows. I think the little marshmallows present better. I tried coloring my own sugar, but it was too pastel for what I wanted. So I did this batch with the sprinkles that you buy at the grocery store that are brighter. Here's Deena's link of her doing the mini ones: Mini Poinsettia Cupcakes

These look awesome & I'm doing a holiday boutique in a ladies home with a bunch of SAHMs :D

Related to What Are You Making in December?

What is "What Are You Making in December?"

"What Are You Making in December?" is a common question asked during the holiday season. It refers to what type of food or dishes someone is planning to make during the month of December, which usually includes traditional holiday meals and treats.

Why is "What Are You Making in December?" a common question?

This question is commonly asked because December is a month filled with holidays and celebrations, and food is an important aspect of these festivities. It's a way to connect and share with others and to indulge in seasonal dishes.

What are some popular dishes people make in December?

Some popular dishes people make in December include roasted turkey or ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. For Christmas, some popular dishes include roast beef or ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, and gingerbread cookies.

Are there any specific traditions or customs related to "What Are You Making in December?"

Yes, there are many traditions and customs related to food in December. For example, many families have their own special recipes and traditions for holiday meals. Some cultures also have specific dishes that are traditionally made during this time, such as tamales for Christmas in Mexican culture.

Do people only make food in December?

No, people make food throughout the year. However, December is a month where food is a central focus due to holidays and gatherings. People also tend to make more elaborate and special dishes in December compared to other months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jencessePreek
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • PampMomof3