• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director What Are You Cooking for Christmas?

In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease. Add onion, celery, garlic, and green pepper and cook until soft. Add corn, black beans, chili, water, and cilantro and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.Broccoli Salad1/2 lb broccoli flowerettes (2 bunches), chopped1/2 lg Spanish (red) onion, diced1/2 c. raisins1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled1/
almondfarm
Gold Member
I have to bring some side dishes to go with an unknown main dish (yes - thank you to my dear husband for making holiday plans and not getting quite all the details), I am wanting to go outside the box a little... any suggestions or favorites of yours?

I made the best cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving - it had orange juice in it. Then there's my Broccoli Salad (I believe it's an old PC recipe) - that's always a hit.

Orange-Cranberry Sauce
Zest an orange, juice orange to get one cup juice. In sauce pan combine juice, zest, 1 bag cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon. Smash cranberries as they cook (about 13 minutes). Chill.

Broccoli Salad
1 lb broccoli flowerettes (2 bunches), chopped
1 lg Spanish (red) onion, diced
1/2 c. raisins
1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Cook bacon until crispy, break into crumbled pieces. Chop broccoli, onion and nuts; add raisins and bacon.

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. water

Combine and stir into broccoli mixture. Chill 2-3 hours.

Since it's just going to be me, my husband and our two little ones (ages 1 & 3), we've decided to skip the big elaborate meal and do Mexican! ;)For you, maybe the Creamy One Pot Pasta?

my brother is hosting and just asked me to bring a side dish to go with ribs... ahhh coleslaw for Christmas anyone???

WE're having a ham from Costco and a few side dishes. I'm making Cheesy Potatoes (it's really a breakfast hashbrown casserole, but it'll go great with ham), corn souffle, fruit salad and my mom's jello salad. You'd think a whole army was coming over, but it's just my family of 4 and my parents. :) Merry Christmas everyone!!

bethcooks4u said:
I made the best cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving - it had orange juice in it. Then there's my Broccoli Salad (I believe it's an old PC recipe) - that's always a hit.

Orange-Cranberry Sauce
Zest an orange, juice orange to get one cup juice. In sauce pan combine juice, zest, 1 bag cranberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon. Smash cranberries as they cook (about 13 minutes). Chill.

Broccoli Salad
1 lb broccoli flowerettes (2 bunches), chopped
1 lg Spanish (red) onion, diced
1/2 c. raisins
1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Cook bacon until crispy, break into crumbled pieces. Chop broccoli, onion and nuts; add raisins and bacon.

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. water

Combine and stir into broccoli mixture. Chill 2-3 hours.

Thanks Beth! I used your recipe to make cranberry sauce today. :chef:

And - I Love Love Love that Broccoli Salad! (just skip the raisins. :))

We are going to my In-laws Christmas Eve - for the Traditional Pizza from Little Caesars. :yuck::yuck::yuck: And everyone is supposed to bring snack foods/desserts too. I'm bringing little sausages wrapped in bacon, and cooked in palm sugar, and making 2 dips/spreads to serve with crackers & veggies. I'm making an Olive & Pecan dip, and a Sun-dried tomato dip
My hubby and son are making their famous home-made ice cream, and pecan chocolate chip pies.

Christmas Day we'll have a brunch at home with just us. Breakfast Casserole, cranberry orange muffins, and homemade applesauce.

Then, Christmas night, we'll probably eat snack foods & pecan pie left over from Christmas Eve. :)

Christmas Eve we're having game night w/a TON of appetizers, Christmas morning we do a BIG brunch w/in-laws & then Lasagna w/a side of stuffed meatballs & gravy, salad, homemade bread, Harvey Wallbanger Cake & cookies :) :) :)

not looking forward to WW on Tuesday!

Ham (glazed with Pineapple Rum sauce), turkey breast, scallopped potatoes. Everyone else is bringing everything else. Cooking for 16. My family (4) and assorted others who have no family or friends to spend the day with. It's always a lot of fun, we do games and stuff. We've done this for years--invited others who have no place to be.

It's fun to hear what everyone else is doing.. tonight we are having cheese soup, meat/cheese, snacks/dips, homemade icecream and goodies. I think I will bring a crockpot of creamy corn tomorrow and the broccoli salad too if I get to the store, maybe some goodies..

We're doing Christmas dinner today since my son needs to get back before the winter weather hits so he'll be able to get to work on Sunday.

Ham, sweet potatoes, cranberry recipe (above), corn, maybe broccoli salad (need to double check if son likes it - DH isn't a fan and I don't need to make it just for me). Keeping it simple as it's just the 3 of us.

Christmas day: Steak, baked potato, salad, left over cranberry sauce (left over broccoli salad if I make it today).

My Mom insists on still doing Thanksgiving and Christmas. She does more of a buffet for Christmas which includes all of my nephew's and son's favorites. Lasagna, tossed salad, baked chicken breasts, veggies, Italian bread.

Christmas will be with one of my two brothers, his wife, 2 sons (22 & 24), my son (20) possibly my ex-husband...he is invited and welcomed every year. My other brother and his wife will visit around New Year's. Lots of fun, joking and teasing with my family!!

My kitty, Moose, got his Christmas stocking tonight full of kitty toys. He has been tossing and chasing them all around! He is very sleepy now and will be ready for bed soon!

I haven't been on here since a few days before Christmas. We do Christmas at our house and I make brunch and dinner.
For Brunch we had Ham and Cheese brunch squares one with hot sausage and one with bacon. Rhodes cinnamon rolls (these are awesome!) and homemade goetta.
For dinner we made two hams, spinach salad and cranberry relish, my mom brought cheesy potatoes and I make a ton of Christmas cookies, we had 12 different ones this yer.
All in all we fed about 40+ people that day, we decided years ago that it was easier to have people come to us instead of running around with our 4 little ones all day, but this year I think it was a toss up! With all the cooking and cleaning, I don't think I have ever been this exhausted in my life:)
Hubby at work and I am trying to force myself to get going on clean up and host coaching before I loose my January shows.

Chantelle, sounds like quite a feast and great company!

Related to What Are You Cooking for Christmas?

1. What are some popular dishes for Christmas?

Some popular dishes for Christmas include roast turkey, glazed ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie.

2. Can you suggest any easy and quick recipes for Christmas?

One easy and quick recipe for Christmas is a one-pan roasted chicken with vegetables. Another option is to make a slow cooker beef stew or a simple pasta dish with a festive twist.

3. How can I make my Christmas dinner more special?

You can make your Christmas dinner more special by adding unique side dishes, incorporating holiday flavors into your main dish, or creating a beautiful presentation with festive decorations.

4. What are some vegetarian options for Christmas dinner?

Some vegetarian options for Christmas dinner include roasted vegetable lasagna, stuffed portobello mushrooms, lentil shepherd's pie, and vegetable Wellington.

5. Any tips for cooking a large Christmas dinner for a big group?

To make cooking a large Christmas dinner easier, plan ahead and make a detailed grocery list. Prepare dishes ahead of time and enlist the help of family and friends. Also, consider using disposable pans and utensils for easier clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• annew
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Kelly8