• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Responsibilities of a Fd?

S
sfdavis918
I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch but it is looking very good that I will be a FD by Sept 1. So I am curious, what are the responsiblities of a FD? I don't get much direction from my own Director and really don't want to get recruits involved in the business and then leave it up to her to train them.

So traditionally what are the roles of my Director with my recruits and what is mine? Can I go outside those roles to give them more direction than she would?

Thanks!

I don't have much support from my director either (actually, she is on a personal sales waiver, but has never actually told any of us in her downline... AD found out when she received the letter from HO)
Anyway... I have one recruit so far and a few in the shadows. When my recruit signed, I asked her what kind of support she wanted. She said she wanted weekly phone calls - at least to start - so that is what we did for about 6 months or so. I don't call her every week now, but do check in with her a few times a month, in addition to "WaaHoo" and other misc emails I send. Once I am a director (planning for spring), I will start a monthly newsletter and will schedule to meet with my downline as they need it. I have another FD in my cluster and we have talked about doing joing cluster meetings once we are both directors.
But since your recruits are still part of your director's firstline until you promote, you technically don't have any "responsibilities". But if your director won't step up and assist with training and support, I'd go to your upline or maybe a hospitality director in your area.
Hope this helps!

My director says that even though they are technically in her DL, they are still my team. She may send them a meeting notice, but I am really the one to communicate with them. She also includes me in any conversation and training. She actually just said that I could probably train on my own. If I can make a suggestion: Tell your recruit that you expect him/her to cal you 20 times a day with questions, so they won't feel like they are bothering you. Build a great rapport in the beginning, and get them used to dealing with you.

It depends on the recruit. I have one that doesn't want me to bother her. She is a hobby consultant and just wants to work enought to get a great discount on products. I email her...can never catch her by phone...monthly and if I have something good to tell her I email her more often. I always send an email if she is in danger of going inactive. My other recruit is also a hobby consultant but she wants me to stay in contact with her. We generally do it by email. She asks questions, I answer. I send her important info. Neither one are able to attend meetings. We actually have a hospitality director. I attend meetings regularly and send them the info. We are however, trying to get together next week to discuss conference announcements. I call them my team and since our director is far away from us, I take the responsibility of making sure they are informed. Our hospitality director is awesome, but I don't want to put any more burden on her than I have to.

My directore is "weening" me. Getting me ready for the director role. It hit me the other day that I do need to be the one to make that contact with my recruit more. Once I recruit them, by the way I hate the word recruit, I always try to use another word, I am there for them and then after about the first month I don't call as much and she kinda takes over. But after conference, I realized that I need to be the one to stay in contact and my director can call also if she wants.

I will be more proactive from here on out.

My first recruit, my director trained. However it was mostly on paperwork, everything that she could've read in the binder.
So, for my next 2, I trained both on products, helpful tips on show presentations, PPP, and the paperwork, and consultants corner and how to use and find info, like the online training classes. I also tell them that I expect them to call/email me constantly. I help them with recipes for theme shows, games, etc. I just went to one consultants grand opening show for a support and to help with her introduction. I know that the phone calls will slow down once they get more comfortable, and I think that my director actually appreciates the fact that I am taking a more proactive approach as it is lessens what she has to do. On a side note, we (director & I) got off to a rocky start, so I did ask her if she would mind if I assumed a "leadership" role as she knows that it is my goal to promote to director. So, far it is working great.

Ok, I so could not resist jumping on here and saying "to put out fires". That's what most Fire Departments too.

I guess Future Directors can do that too... ;)

Amy - you are cruising on recruits! 3 already, you'll easily be a director in your 1st year!

I have trained all of my recruits myself, and then reinforced the importance of attending monthly cluster meetings with our director. I have had a couple of meetings myself when my director was too busy/traveling a lot to have them, just to keep everyone motivated, too.

If you're not sure that your director is going to train them the way you would like them to be trained, then just do it yourself! Set up times with them that work for both of you, set up weekly calls, etc, and then just attend cluster meetings as scheduled so she can meet other cluster members. I usually drive my new recruits to the first meeting, too, so they know how to get there.

HTH and good luck to you!!

iddlebiddle said:
Once I recruit them, by the way I hate the word recruit, I always try to use another word....QUOTE]

I feel the same way! I prefer something like, "adding to my team," and like to refer to recruits as team members.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I so could not resist jumping on here and saying "to put out fires". That's what most Fire Departments too.

I guess Future Directors can do that too... ;)

Amy - you are cruising on recruits! 3 already, you'll easily be a director in your 1st year!

Funny!!!:D

I discuss my FD's comfort level with them and we decide together what each of them wants in support from me. Especially new consultants (but even those who have been in a while but never "recruited") need extra guidance. I encourage them to keep in close contact with their team and I copy the entire downline on any training I do. If the FD and new consultant want me to, I do the initial training (I encourage the recruiter to be on the call too).

It really depends on the people you are working with.

What are the responsibilities of a FD?

A FD, or Field Director, is responsible for managing a team of recruits and ensuring their success in the field. This includes training, motivating, and providing support to the recruits as they work towards their goals.

What are the roles of my Director with my recruits?

Your Director's role is to provide guidance and support to you as the FD, as well as to the recruits under your management. They may also assist with training and providing resources for your team.

What is my role as a FD?

Your main role as a FD is to lead and manage your team of recruits. This includes setting goals, providing training and support, and monitoring their progress. You are also responsible for communicating with your Director and reporting any issues or concerns that may arise.

Can I go outside my roles to give recruits more direction?

It is generally recommended to stick to your assigned roles and responsibilities as a FD. However, if you feel that your recruits need more direction or support than what is provided by your Director, you can discuss this with them and come up with a plan together.

What happens if I leave my recruits without proper training?

If you do not provide adequate training and support to your recruits, it could result in their lack of success in the field. This could also reflect poorly on you as their FD and may impact your own success within the company. It is important to communicate with your Director and work together to ensure your recruits are receiving the necessary training and support to achieve their goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stacywhitlow
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • lacychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • AJPratt