• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are Fun Activities to do in Black Mountain, NC with Kids?

In summary, the chaperoning group is going to an FCA camp in Black Mountain, NC. They are on their own to do what they want during the day once they get there, and they are looking for suggestions on things to do. Maggie Valley is supposed to be great, but they are not sure how close it is to Black Mountain. They have also stayed in Bryson City before and they love it. They are also going to the camp at Montreat college.
jrstephens
We are going the week of June 11th. We along with another couple and their two children are chaperoning 20 of our high school football players to an FCA camp here. We are pretty much on our own to do what we want during the day once we get there.

Black Mountain, NC, is about 30 minutes away from Ashville. We have already been to the Biltmore. And even if we wanted to go back I am not takimg my 3year old in there - I am sure the first thing he would do is break one of the $1Million vases I remember them talking about, HAHA!!!

Suggestions anyone?

Maggie Valley is supposed to be great. Not sure how close that is to Black Mountain. I have a friend who vacations there almost every year.

We have stayed in Maggie Valley before and Bryson city. They are fun. I think we are goin into Byson City to do a day long train ride. BM is about an h our from those cites, I think.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe it was in Black Mountain, there is a very small restaurant that has a TON of Dr. Pepper memorablilia in it. It also features some menu items using Dr. Pepper as an ingredient.

We have done the train ride twice. It was out of Dillsboro, but it is the same line. We loved it. The first time was a day excursion with all my husbands brothers and sisters, 12 of us, and for our anniversary last year, we took a mystery dinner train. That was very fun! Your son would be to young for that but....

Just west of Asheville, right off of I40, is the town of Waynesville. I love it there! Lots of old shops. There is also a huge general store called Mast's General Store. Love that store. You can find anything and everything in there! One section of the store has barrels and barrels of old candies that you don't see much of anymore. :D

http://www.mastgeneralstore.com/locationswv.php3

Last edited:
We lived in the area for 7 years. There is lots to do. Are you going to the camp at Montreat? Montreat college hosts alot of camps. It is a beautiful campus. My son had his 7th birthday there. They have a wonderful park for kids there with creeks running all through it. We spent alot of time there during our summers. My boys love to catch crawfish, salamanders etc. The best pizza you will ever eat is at My Father's Pizza in downtown Black Mountain. There are also some nice little shops there as well. We lived in Marion which is just East of Black Mountain. About 15 minutes. There is a beautiful water fall there if you don't mind a small hike. Probably about a mile back. When you are hiking back there you just couldn't imagine that there is such a beautiful 2 story water fall. We would hike back there with our lunch and spend hours. There is not much else in Marion other than a great place to get fried chicken. lol. Asheville has alot of shopping and dining choices. It has a nice downtown as well. They also have a Mast General Store. If you go to Waynesville make sure you go to the Candy shop that makes caramel apples. To die for!!! Can you tell I love food. lol.
Just email me if you want anymore info. Our church is going to that camp as well.

1. What is Black Mountain, NC known for?

Black Mountain, NC is known for its beautiful mountain scenery, outdoor activities such as hiking and camping, and its charming downtown area with local shops and restaurants.

2. How far is Black Mountain, NC from Asheville?

Black Mountain, NC is located about 16 miles east of Asheville, making it a convenient day trip destination for those visiting the larger city.

3. What are some popular events or festivals in Black Mountain, NC?

Some popular events and festivals in Black Mountain, NC include the Sourwood Festival, the Lake Eden Arts Festival (LEAF), and the Black Mountain Arts and Crafts Show.

4. Are there any notable landmarks or attractions in Black Mountain, NC?

Yes, Black Mountain, NC is home to the historic Black Mountain College, which was a renowned experimental college in the mid-20th century. Other notable attractions include the Swannanoa Valley Museum and the White Horse Black Mountain music venue.

5. Can you recommend any must-try restaurants in Black Mountain, NC?

Some highly recommended restaurants in Black Mountain, NC include The Trailhead, Louise's Kitchen, and The Artisan Gourmet Market. Each offers delicious, locally-sourced dishes in a welcoming atmosphere.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies