• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guess What I Did to My Kids.....

In summary, Erin's husband surprises her and their children with a trip to Disney World. The children were excited to go and enjoy themselves.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
Well...more like WE (my DH & I) did to our kids! My DH is leaving VERY soon for a year long deployment and we had already talked to our kids about going to Disney World when he got home. In January we decided to try and go before he left for a long weekend. It was up in the air if we were going up until the week before we left and all along we told them that we were going to Florida to visit a family friend. We didn't tell them until we drove through the big sign that says welcome to Disney World!
We all had a fabulous time although my poor feet feel horrible...I think you need to condition yourself for all htat wlaking! LOL! We got in a few hours on Firday night at Magic Kingdom & all day Saturday at MK...where we saw one of my girlfriends in the parade (she was Donald). We hit Aniaml Kingdom on Sunday and loved the Everest ride as well as the Bugs Life show! Then after dinner at the hotel on Sunday night we went back to MK for a few hours but got to stay until 3 AM for Magic Hours. I still cannot beleive our kids made it that late! MOnday we got up late but managed to get over to Disney Hollywood Studios. That park was PACKED so we only got to do a few things but we did go on the Tower of Terror. Yeah it was pretty terrifying all right!
All in all a great birthday weekend an the surprise of my kids life.

Oh and BTW..if you are military...Shades of Green was FABULOUS! I highly recommend staying there! We stayed 4 nights for under $500 and the resort is right between the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian.

Last edited:
Sounds like Fun!! Thanks for the tip on Shades of Green---will have to tell DH when he returns!!

Hope you and the fam had fun!

Sounds like a blast. I love the look in kids eyes when they have a surprise or just plain excitement.

Oh how AWESOME! What a great surprise, and a great way to spend time with your family before having to say goodbye to your DH.

Nice! We took our kids to Disneyland right before Christmas and are going back in June since DH is free and we all are SUPER cheap for the 3day pass! Did you take advantage of that deal for the military?? I hope so, saves us all a lot of money!

pamperedlinda said:
Were they excited?

BEYOND!!! LOL...they only stopped talking in that rapid sing song voice long enough to eat and sleep...ALL weekend!

jbdowd0798 said:
Nice! We took our kids to Disneyland right before Christmas and are going back in June since DH is free and we all are SUPER cheap for the 3day pass! Did you take advantage of that deal for the military?? I hope so, saves us all a lot of money!

We did....DH was free. We chose to add Park Hopper onto our tickets so it was just under $500 for our 5 day tickets! Next year though we will have our older son as well as my Mom and Dad and my niece so tickets will be a considerable amount more......

How awesome, Erin! What a great way to spend you Bday too!

That's awesome! It's nice you got to go BEFORE he left, so they have some really great memories to think of and remember while he is gone.

Erin,If you are interested in family pics, contact http://www.oplove.org. Don't mean to hijack but I thought you might like them. I am a volunteer photographer for them. It is one of the greatest honors I can have, to photograph deploying and returning members of our armed forces...And on a related note, I am SO JEALOUS that you went to WDW. It is my favorite vacation spot!

Isn't it awesome surprising your children? :D How old are yours? Have you ever been before?

We did this to our children when our DS was 8 and our DD had just turned 11. We waited until they came home from school and then asked them to unpack their backpacks and meet us in the living room, we wanted to speak with them. They were so concerned they were in trouble. Their poor little faces. Then they came in and we asked them if they'd like to go to Disney sometime (we live in Canada so it's quite the big deal) and they got so excited thinking maybe we would go for Spring Break which was 6 weeks away. My hubby says 'um, no, we leave in an hour....get packing some things to do - books, mp3 etc' LOL!!!!

I had been shopping for weeks behind their backs guessing on the sizes for summer clothes and organizing. We drove for 4 hours to Syracuse NY, slept there and flew out of there in the morning. Stayed on the resort for a week and had A BLAST!!

Related to Guess What I Did to My Kids.....

1. What are some fun and creative ways to surprise my kids?

As Pampered Chef consultants, we love helping families create unforgettable memories. Some popular ideas include making a scavenger hunt with clues that lead to a surprise, setting up an indoor or outdoor movie night complete with snacks, or creating a DIY obstacle course in your backyard.

2. How can I involve my kids in cooking and baking?

Getting kids involved in the kitchen is a great way to bond and teach them important life skills. Our products, like the Kids' Cookie Baking Set or the Kids' Pizza Making Set, are designed specifically for little chefs. We also have a variety of easy and kid-friendly recipes on our website for them to try out.

3. What are some budget-friendly ways to pamper my kids?

Pampering doesn't have to break the bank! You can create an at-home spa day with homemade face masks and manicures, have a picnic in the park, or plan a fun game night with snacks and prizes. Our Mix 'N Chop and Mix 'N Masher are also great tools for making affordable and delicious meals with your kids.

4. How can I incorporate healthy eating habits into my kids' meals?

We understand the importance of promoting healthy eating habits for kids. Our products, like the Veggie Spiralizer and the Microwave Popcorn Maker, make it easy and fun to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into their meals. We also have a variety of recipes that are nutritious and kid-approved.

5. How can I make mealtime more enjoyable for my kids?

Mealtime can be a struggle for many families, but it doesn't have to be. Our Quick Cooker and Quick Cooker Apron make cooking and cleaning up a breeze, leaving more time for quality family time at the dinner table. You can also involve your kids in the meal planning process and let them choose what they want to eat for the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jillbean