• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wants to Recruit, Doesn't Want to Recruit????

In summary, the person is feeling disappointed after offering the opportunity to a girl at the blood bank. The person had an uneasy feeling when giving her the DVD and brochure and was unsure if the girl was interested. The person's director also wanted to talk to the girl, but now the person doesn't have a contact number. The person is venting and seeking reassurance to not beat themselves up. They are advised to follow up with the girl in a few days and to not pressure her or themselves. The person is reminded that it's ultimately the individual's decision to join and to offer to keep them informed about the business. The person is also reminded of the statistic that only 1 in 10 people who express interest will actually sign up
Becky0216
Well now I am not so happy. I am not sure if I bombed the whole thing, or if this was just not as good of a sot as I thought.

I went back to the blood bank today to give the girl who was interested in recruiting the DVD and brochure. I had every intention of getting her contact info and takling with her for a min to see if she was curious about anything. Well, I came in, she came over said hi. I gave her the DVD and brochure and she said thanks and seemed like she wanted me to leave. I had such an uneasy feeling, I asked her if she had any questions and she said no. She said she will call me if she decides to join.
I wanted to offer for her to come to a meeting etc. But she just seemed like she wanted me gone. I have a strong feeling she decided this was not for her, but why wouldn't she have called me to tell me not to come today? Or when I gave her the DVD, she could have told me then.
Just a bit sad. I was sure she was going to sign. My director said she would love to talk to her also, but now I don't even have a contact number. At this point i am not sure I will even stop in to follow up with her.:(

Needed to vent. Thanks for reading this far....

She may have been under scrutiny from bosses at the center - you just don't know so stop beating yourself up. Let it play out.

Way To GoAwww - cheer up! I think you did a good job - you still gave her the info. So maybe you could followup in 4-7 days from now and see what she says. If she STILL doesn't seem interested - tell her that there is something about her that you think would be an AMAZING Consultant! You could ask for her permission to be put on a 'Someday' email - now may not be the best time, but in the future things might have changed - so keep her always informed. You could be empathetic next time you see her - tell her that you noticed she has some hesitation (and that YOU had some concerns before YOU signed up as well) and ask if you could meet with her to talk some more (information is NOT obligation). Just reassure her and remember - sometimes it takes someone ELSE to believe in you, before you believe in yourself.

Don't assume she will NEVER sign! Congrats to you for going out there and offering the opportunity to people!!! Hang in there!!!!!

Don't beat yourself up. You have done more in your first 40 days than a lot of us did (I didn't even talk about the business for 3 months...and then went running away the first time someone said they were interested!):blushing:

You are still feeling your way thru everything. As you learn more about the what this business has to offer, you will become more comfortable. The best advice I got about sharing the opportunity, was when my own director told me 'it always has to be their decision.'

Truthfully (IMHO), it isn't about 'recruiting' (despite the hoopla), it's about sharing with others what is a genuinely sound opportunity. Offer to send her information periodically and invite her to attend a meeting....but let her know that ultimately only she can decide if this is right thing at the right time for her.

The statistic is 1 out of every 10 people who tell YOU that they want to sign really will. Don't let this get you down, if right now is not the time, she'll hopefully turn to you when it is. And maybe she was just having a bad day and PC was the last thing on her mind.

I wouldn't go in again without needing to be there - I believe you were trying to give blood or something? So, if you have a reason (other than to chat with her) to go in, then go in and do what Jenna said - she laid it out perfectly!

I go back april 1st try try and donate again. we will see

casual recruitingYou are doing GREAT! Don't put pressure on her OR yourself - or you will end up being disappointed in the end.

When you go back - just wait and see how it plays out! :)

If she works there, she probably wasn't able to discuss it there. A lot of places won't let you carry on non-work related business there, so don't worry about it!! If it's meant to be it will be. Remember you have to get all the no's out of the way to get to the yes's, so you will be one step closer.

I feel better today. I was just real bummed lastnight after I drove over there just to give her material she really didn't seem to want.
Her office is laid back, they were all talking to me about PC the other day. S I don't think it was that she couldn't talk. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I doubt that was it. I seriously got the impression that she was blowing me off. I am ok with her not wanting to recruit, because I don't want a recruit that is only going to give 10% ya know? But she could have told me not to bother coming yesterday, or when I was there, she could have said she wasn't intrested anymore. Thats my main issue.
Thanks for everyone who lent an ear (or eyes really).

But, they were talking to you about PC WHILE you were there for a blood donation, not just because you dropped in.

Also consider that the relationship needs to be developed! Most people don't sign right from getting the brochure! They need to think about it for a while and let it digest!!!! Give her a chance to consider it!

I have no choice other than to let her contact me:) I don't have any of her info. Maybe I will be lucky and she will call me, but I doubt it.

What does it mean to "Wants to Recruit, Doesn't Want to Recruit"?

"Wants to Recruit, Doesn't Want to Recruit" is a phrase often used in the context of recruiting or hiring for a job or position. It refers to a situation where a person or company expresses interest in finding and hiring new employees, but at the same time may have reservations or hesitations about the actual process of recruiting and selecting candidates.

How can a company "Want to Recruit" but also "Not Want to Recruit"?

A company may "Want to Recruit" in the sense that they recognize the need for new employees to fill certain roles or to grow their business. However, they may also "Not Want to Recruit" due to various factors such as the time and resources required for recruiting, potential challenges in finding qualified candidates, or concerns about the cost of hiring and training new employees.

What are some common reasons for a company to have conflicting feelings about recruiting?

There are many potential reasons why a company may have conflicting feelings about recruiting. Some common reasons include a tight budget or limited resources for hiring, a competitive job market that makes it difficult to attract top talent, a lack of clarity or alignment within the company about the hiring needs, or past negative experiences with the recruiting process.

How can a company overcome these conflicting feelings and successfully recruit new employees?

One way for a company to overcome conflicting feelings about recruiting is to clearly define their hiring needs and goals, and create a strategic plan for finding and selecting the best candidates. This may involve using a variety of recruiting methods and being open to considering a diverse range of candidates. It can also be helpful to have a positive and proactive mindset towards recruiting, and to invest in training and support for the recruitment process.

What are some potential benefits of being open to recruiting, even if a company has reservations about it?

Being open to recruiting, even if a company has reservations about it, can bring many potential benefits. It can help the company to stay competitive and keep up with changing industry trends, as well as bring in fresh perspectives and new skills to the team. It can also lead to a more diverse and inclusive workplace, and ultimately contribute to the growth and success of the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • otisbg