• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Very Confused!! Hostess Benefits

In summary, you mistakenly told three past hostesses that they would be getting free money for January. In reality, only the hostess for January gets the free money. You would offer them something from your wishlist in order to make up for your mistake.
mamadugan
Gold Member
hi,
o.k. I have had a GREAT month. I have closing shows that have had past hostess book for Jan. for their benefits. I told them that they got FREE money for the month of January......
I guess that isn't so. ONLY the January Hostess get free money not the past hostesses. THEY get the scrapers....is that right?? OH, man I really screwed up.; I wish my director would've told me!! I told 3 people that they get the free money because that was the hostess benefit and people booked from them. Past hostess only get the 60% off????????????????????
Bummer:cry::cry::cry:
What would you do...would you offer something for your mistake???

Yes, the past hosts only get their choice of scraper set. I would just be honest with them. Let them know that you were confused. And read the fine print next time.

Explain your mistake to them and maybe offer them a gift certificate redeemable only through you for the inconvenience. Your GC probably won't be as much as the free money you told them about but if they know it is coming from your pocket they will appreciate the customer service.

You really have to read the fine print before you tell your past hosts anything. Sorry that you are in that position. Just explain it to them, and apologize for your mistake ... maybe compensate with a cookbook or something?

Always be sure to read the full flyer before talking to potential hosts. It's best when you know all the details. Only the host is entitled to the extra free product value, and it's conditioned upon her total guest sales. Check the chart for the exact amounts. The person that this show was booked off of (former host) can get the 60% off one of the scraper collections. She has to be entered in as a guest, then you put in the host special code, there will be the $4.25 S&H that they have to pay as well.I would let them know that you misunderstood the host special. Chalk it up to being new, hopefully they will be forgiving. If they seem really upset, I would give them something from their wishlist that is $10 or less. They still get the scrapers at 60% off, so it's not like they are being gypped. Did those 3 hosts book their shows specifically intending to get bookings for January and the extra $? Most people can't predict who is going to book a show off of them, so they shouldn't be upset. They got all their rewards and still get the booking benefit--just not as much as you originally thought.

sorry for the duplicate response... I guess I took too long typing my reply, cause now there's multiple responses! :blushing:

You might even show them the flier and explain how since it's based on the show sales it would only apply to Hosts who made it past the $500 mark. I would only give them an extra gift if "their" show was over that amount and they would have qualified for it (if it worked that way.) :)

The Booking Host may not have had her Show in January either for whatever reason, so Past Host is not "guaranteed" any particular month's Host Special unless/until the Booking Host has the Show that month. I had several do that in December and January and had to explain to the Past Host that they only get the Booking Benefit IF the Host holds the Show in that month and it qualifies!

thanks guys!! I know we all make mistakes. I called HO and they told me that "yes she gets the hostess benefits" So, I interpreted that as, she gets the FREE money also. So then yesterday when I called, the HO lady said....no she gets the scrapers and not the money.....AHAHAHAHHAAHAH!!!
So, then I called my hospitality director.....and she told me the scoop. Well, it was free so it is not like they are paying anything anyway.....their bubbles will just be bursted!!
Kind of like me kids if we don't make it to Disney....

Glad i am not the only one who makes mistakes! I feel so inept sometimes. Chalk it up to a learning experience.

1. What are the hostess benefits for a Pampered Chef party?

The hostess benefits for a Pampered Chef party include free and discounted products, exclusive hostess specials, and the opportunity to earn free products based on the total party sales.

2. How much do I need to spend to qualify for hostess benefits?

The minimum party sales needed to qualify for hostess benefits vary by party type and can range from $150 to $200. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for specific details.

3. Can I use my hostess benefits on any products?

Hostess benefits can be used on most Pampered Chef products, but there are some exclusions such as some sets and bundles. Your consultant can provide a list of eligible products.

4. How long do I have to redeem my hostess benefits?

Hostess benefits must be redeemed within 30 days after your party closes. Your consultant will assist you in placing your order and redeeming your benefits.

5. Can I combine my hostess benefits with other offers or discounts?

Hostess benefits cannot be combined with other offers or discounts, unless specified by Pampered Chef. Your consultant can provide more information on current promotions and their eligibility with hostess benefits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennsRAQ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • elizabethfox