• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't Hostess's Listen? Ugh...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the frustration of trying to explain the hostess benefits to some individuals who have trouble understanding that their sales should not include taxes and shipping. Despite repeated attempts to clarify, some hosts still struggle with comprehending the concept. This can lead to awkward situations where the host is left with a higher bill than expected and may result in frustration for the consultant.
pampered.chris
Gold Member
Some get it some don't. But you mention it every time and then they act like you are the worst person in the world when you correct them.

Why can't hostess's understand that their sales are based on the total BEFORE sales tax and shipping? UGH!!!

I have a hostess that I had to go to the bones to explain the hostess benefits and I have told her 4 times that sales are based on the cost of products, not including the shipping & tax. Yet she sends me the rest of her orders and figures out her total is $900+ and it isn't!!! Her total is $870.55. $29.45 away from a $900 party.

So now I have to tell her that she either needs to come up with $30 to have a $900 party or pay the difference after the 30% off on her free stuff since she will be out $25 in FPV.

I just get frustrated. I wish HO would come up with a fool proof way to explain the hostess benefits so that every hostess would understand.

K, done venting, thanks for listening.

Wow, that's a big show. I guess that makes up for your complaint, right? Congrats!

Yeah, it is a good show, I don't mean to be ungrateful for the show. I just hate having to tell the hostess "you owe more than you thought you did" and have them get mad at me.

Or at least that was the point I was trying to make. I think.

I'm sorry to hear that your host can't listen. I think some people have a mental block when it comes to numbers.

I totally understand Chris. Here a show minimum is $200. I have a catalogue host who has been gathering orders for 3 weeks. She asked for a dozen catalogues which I don't normally do but since her cooking show two years ago was $1200 and she works at two old age homes, I agreed. 3 weeks later and she emails me that she's just shy of $200 (more like $180) and will try today and then just buy something herself.

I explain again that as long as it's $200 before shipping and tax she'll get the 60% off host special she had her eye on. She then emails me back - oops it's more like $145, I forgot. UGH!!

It wouldn't matter how easy the HO made it, some would get it wrong. That's why there are stupid labels on things:Hemorrhoid Cream: Do not take orally.Blow Dryer: Do not use while sleeping.Curling Iron: Do not insert in any bodily orifice. (Seriously. I've seen it.)Sorry your host was confused.

My classic issue is that no matter how many times you explain it, you will get that one host who believes their FPV will cover the cost of their host special or half-price items. Ugh. Had that happen a couple of weeks ago, even though I had thoroughly explained it all several times during host coaching.

Related to Why Can't Hostess's Listen? Ugh...

1. Why do hostesses often have difficulty listening during Pampered Chef parties?

There could be a variety of reasons why hostesses may struggle with listening during Pampered Chef parties. Some common reasons include distractions from guests, feeling overwhelmed with hosting responsibilities, or simply not being familiar with the products and demonstrations being presented.

2. Is there a way to help hostesses improve their listening skills during parties?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants are trained to engage and involve hostesses throughout the party to help them stay focused and attentive. Additionally, as a hostess, it's important to set aside distractions and actively participate in the party to get the most out of the experience.

3. What impact does a hostess's listening have on the success of a Pampered Chef party?

A hostess's listening skills can greatly impact the success of a Pampered Chef party. When a hostess is engaged and actively listening, they are more likely to ask questions, make purchases, and potentially book future parties. On the other hand, if a hostess is not listening, they may miss out on important information and not fully enjoy the party experience.

4. How can I politely remind my hostess to pay attention during the party?

As a consultant, it's important to be respectful and understanding when reminding a hostess to pay attention during the party. You can gently remind them of the exciting products and offers being presented and encourage them to participate. It may also be helpful to offer them a notepad to take notes or ask for their input on a particular product or recipe.

5. Are there any tips for improving my own listening skills as a hostess?

Absolutely! As a hostess, it's important to set aside distractions and actively engage in the party. You can also take notes, ask questions, and participate in product demonstrations to stay focused and get the most out of the party experience. Additionally, you can communicate any concerns or questions to your consultant to ensure you are fully understanding and enjoying the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • cookn' katie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • SummerG