• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Pastry Mat in the Oven: Does it Work?

In summary, the Pastry Mat is heat resistant up to 400 degrees and can be used for making Lefsa as it won't stick to the mat. It should not be put in the oven to catch drippings, but an old cookie sheet can be used instead. Kelly looked up Lefsa on the internet after a customer asked if the mat could be used for it, and Brenda appreciates being told the answer rather than having to look it up herself.
ConnieR
When I was looking at the Prod. Info on the Pastry Mat, it stated it was heat safe to a pretty high temp. Can this be used in the oven, under a pie to catch the drippings? Does anyone know!

It's heat resitant not heat safe so you cannot use it in your oven.

No - don't put it in the oven - it's referring to (if you were making the peanut brittle) - it can withstand high heats for that. Use an old cookie sheet under your pie to catch the drippings.

I think someone mentioned before that it is to big to fit in the oven even if you wanted to.

It is pretty freakin' huge. :D
I keep one old metal cookie sheet around for just that type of thing.

LefsaI had a customer that wanted to know if our Pastry Mat could be used for making Lefsa, anyone know? Brenda

I just looked it up on the internet...lefse could certainly be rolled out on our mat...they would probably LOVE it cuz it won't stick to the mat!

Kelly, thank you for checking. I guess I should have looked on the website. Brenda

Brenda~

I didn't mean it like that!! I was reading your post and wondered just what the heck you were talking about, so I looked it up to see what they were! No worries! There are PLENTY of questions that I ask here that I could *probably* find my own answer to, but someone on here knows it off the top of their head!
:)

Kelly, nonono, I wasn't thinking you were iritated. I was just thinking why didn't I look it up on the website. No, thank you very much! I enjoy being told the answer rather than having to look everything up. :)

Brenda

if you are still wondering about the temp on the pastry mat... there is a little circle on the bottom of it that says it's heat safe up to 400 degrees!

What is a pastry mat and how does it work?

A pastry mat is a non-stick, reusable silicone mat that is used for rolling out dough and baking pastries. The silicone material allows for easy removal of dough and prevents it from sticking to the surface. It can withstand high temperatures in the oven, making it a convenient tool for baking.

Can I use a pastry mat in the oven?

Yes, a pastry mat can be used in the oven. It is safe to use at temperatures up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Just make sure to place it on a baking sheet or tray before placing it in the oven.

Will the pastry mat affect the baking time or temperature?

No, using a pastry mat in the oven will not affect the baking time or temperature. The mat is designed to evenly distribute heat, so your pastries will bake just as they would on a regular baking sheet.

Do I need to grease the pastry mat before using it in the oven?

No, one of the benefits of using a pastry mat is that it is non-stick, so there is no need to grease it before baking. This also makes for easy cleanup afterwards.

How do I clean and care for my pastry mat?

To clean your pastry mat, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry it with a towel. It is also dishwasher safe. Avoid using sharp objects on the mat, as it can damage the surface. Store it flat or rolled up to prevent creases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • chefann
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies