• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Pastry Mat: Worth the $27.50?

In summary, a Pastry Mat is a large, non-stick silicone mat used for rolling out dough and pastry. It can also be used for other tasks in the kitchen, such as cutting and chopping, and can be easily cleaned with warm, soapy water or in the dishwasher. Many people find it to be a worthwhile investment, but it is recommended to store it flat to avoid creases.
bridgetbakes
This may sound like a dumb questions but, what is the Pastry Mat for? Does it work like those Silpat sheets (non-stick baking sheets) or is this for non-oven use only? Is it just a tool onto which you roll out dough?

Just wondering why it is $27.50...seems high.

It's primarily for rolling things out, although they had a great demo with peanut brittle at Conference.

Is the new one silicone? If they made brittle on it, it would have to be heat resistant. I think the larger size will be nice.

It is silicone, which is why it's pricey. It's quite large, actually. The brittle demo was a big hit - it'll be on the fall DVD, along with the new recipe demos.

I asked in the New Products Room if it could be used in the oven like a Silpat mat......and was told no. For one thing, it's way too big to fit on any stone!

I'm going to love using it though!

They didn't MAKE brittle on it, just spread it out it the easiest way I've ever seen. THAT alone will sell some of them. However, I think they are a little pricey too. I like that you can cut out cookies on them though.

Related to What is a Pastry Mat: Worth the $27.50?

What is a Pastry Mat?

A Pastry Mat is a large, non-stick, silicone mat that is used for rolling out dough and pastry. It provides a smooth surface for working with dough, and makes clean up easier.

Is a Pastry Mat worth the $27.50?

Many people find that a Pastry Mat is a worthwhile investment, especially if they do a lot of baking or pastry making. It can save time and frustration, and can also help to prevent dough from sticking to the counter or rolling pin.

Can a Pastry Mat be used for things other than pastry?

Yes, a Pastry Mat can be used for a variety of tasks in the kitchen. It can be used as a non-slip surface for cutting and chopping, as well as for rolling out bread dough or making candy. Some people even use it as a placemat or for crafts.

How do I clean a Pastry Mat?

A Pastry Mat is easy to clean. Simply wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. It can also be washed in the dishwasher on the top rack. Avoid using sharp objects on the mat to prevent damage.

Can a Pastry Mat be stored rolled up?

Yes, a Pastry Mat can be rolled up for storage, but it is recommended to store it flat to prevent any creases from forming. It can be stored in a kitchen drawer or hung up using the built-in hanging loop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • laylaleigh