• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanut Brittle Recipe: Missing From Pastry Mat?

In summary, to prevent sticking when making peanut brittle on a pastry mat, make sure the mat is clean and dry before use and consider lightly greasing it with cooking spray or oil. A silicone pastry mat is a good option for making brittle as it is heat-resistant and non-stick. The cooling time for peanut brittle on a pastry mat is around 30 minutes, but may vary. It is not recommended to cut the brittle directly on the mat, as it may damage it. To clean the mat after use, soak it in warm soapy water and gently scrub off any residue before air drying.
pkd09
Silver Member
OK, since I can't log onto CC, does anyone have the recipe for the Peanut Brittle that was shown with the Pastry Mat when it was first introduced? I looked at the recipe that was included with the Pastry Mat and the Peanut Brittle was not on it. :chef:

Disregard....I found it!

If you make it w/o burning it, let me know the trick! I made it twice and burned it twice last year. I give up!

Related to Peanut Brittle Recipe: Missing From Pastry Mat?

1. How do I make sure my peanut brittle doesn't stick to the pastry mat?

The key to preventing sticking is to make sure your pastry mat is clean and completely dry before using it. You can also lightly grease the mat with cooking spray or vegetable oil before spreading the brittle mixture.

2. Can I use a silicone pastry mat for making peanut brittle?

Yes, a silicone pastry mat is a great option for making peanut brittle. It is heat-resistant and non-stick, making it easier to remove the brittle once it has cooled.

3. How long does it take for peanut brittle to cool on a pastry mat?

The cooling time will vary depending on the thickness of your brittle and the temperature of your kitchen. On average, it takes about 30 minutes for peanut brittle to cool and harden on a pastry mat.

4. Can I cut the peanut brittle directly on the pastry mat?

It is not recommended to cut the brittle directly on the pastry mat, as it may damage the mat. It is best to transfer the cooled brittle to a cutting board before breaking it into pieces.

5. How do I clean my pastry mat after making peanut brittle?

To clean your pastry mat after making peanut brittle, soak it in warm soapy water for a few minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to gently scrub off any residue. Rinse with clean water and let it air dry before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies