• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting PP Compatibility with Macs: Insights and Solutions | tia

which is a windows machine... but I use PP on my husband's mac at work.You are using multiple computers and all are Macs. PP is not compatible with Macs.
PoseyMom
Okay, I'd love to take a laptop with me to shows after last night. It would just be easier for me to put everything in at the time to save time and me having to calculate things (and sometimes getting it wrong.) But I thought I remembered that some people were having difficulty with PP and Macs. My laptop is a Mac, so I don't want to load PP on it if it's not going to help the situation. Does anyone have any info about this? tia

From what I understand, PP is not Mac compatible. :(

I'm a Mac user, so I have the info.

PP is NOT Mac compatible.

Unless.... your notebook is one of the new Intel-based MacBooks. Then you can install a program called Boot Camp. That program, which is made by Apple and is currently in Public Beta, will allow you to install Windows XP (service pack 2) and run programs through that. Yes, it sounds a little involved, but it really does work. My DH got an Intel-based iMac a few months back and installed Boot Camp so he could play a game that was Windows only.

My opinion is that the Boot Camp option is the easiest, as it allows you to maintain only one machine (I currently have a Windows notebook that I use for PP and one other piece of Windoze-only software), and you're still protected from viruses and spyware when you're running OS X. Be aware that the Windows environment itself within Boot Camp is still vulnerable to spyware and viruses, so I'd only use it for PP.

There used to be a Mac version of PP, way back. It was discontinued before I started 5 years ago. Every year at conference, I ask the Tech folks when they're bringing it back. If enough of us do that, they may! :)

I hope this helps.

I too am using a Mac laptop ... and quite successfully. I loaded a program called "Parallels". It runs as an application, and Windows is loaded in it. The upside to Parallels over Boot Camp is that you don't have to reboot every time you want to go from your Mac programs to PP. Fortunately, we own a copy of Windows so that wasn't an extra expense. I believe Parallels costs $80, but I think well worth it to make my life easier and still able to use my beloved Mac :)I had posted this before as well, but in one conversation with HO PP tech support, the guy did say they were working on a web-based version of PP. I didn't ask for details, but I'm hopeful for a vast improvement on a very archaic program.

siderits said:
I too am using a Mac laptop ... and quite successfully. I loaded a program called "Parallels". It runs as an application, and Windows is loaded in it. The upside to Parallels over Boot Camp is that you don't have to reboot every time you want to go from your Mac programs to PP.

Thanks for the info! I had (waaaay back) tried to use Virtual PC to run PP, which was the official HO Tech Support solution. OMG! It took all day and just bit a big one! That's why I just broke down and got a Windoze laptop a couple of years ago.

Is Parallels for any OS X Mac? Or is it exclusively for the Intel-based models? I think Apple is working on updating Boot Camp so that a reboot isn't required (which I wasn't aware it needed anyway). IMHO, Apple software tends to be a little more reliable than other companies', since the software and hardware engineers work very closely.

Parallels is for Intel-based Macs only. You can read more about it at www.parallels.comMy DH has been using this since it was in beta and is very pleased overall with it. So much so that he's replacing his work laptop with a MacBook Pro. He's loading Parallels on it so he can do the "windows" thing at work, and still have his Mac world at home.Tanya

Thanks, Tanya.

Are you a multi-computer house, too? I swear, we could set up a Mac museum in the basement. :) I've got my G4 iMac (the cantaloupe), DH has an Intel iMac and just got a refurbished Powerbook to replace his old G3 Powerbook. He's got a Bondi G3 iMac in the garage, and we've got 3 others in the basement that aren't in use. Oh - and my in-laws have the G4 desktop that I used before I got my iMac. And to think that he laughed at me when I bought my first one! Now he's hooked, too. :D

I use mac at home and have to use my husband's laptop PC to use Pampered Partner and upload all my shows. It's rather annoying. I am saving my money from earnings in the next three months to pick up a MacBook when they get revised next year, and especially with the new operating system.

multi-computer house
chefann said:
Thanks, Tanya.

Are you a multi-computer house, too? I swear, we could set up a Mac museum in the basement. :) I've got my G4 iMac (the cantaloupe), DH has an Intel iMac and just got a refurbished Powerbook to replace his old G3 Powerbook. He's got a Bondi G3 iMac in the garage, and we've got 3 others in the basement that aren't in use. Oh - and my in-laws have the G4 desktop that I used before I got my iMac. And to think that he laughed at me when I bought my first one! Now he's hooked, too. :D

Sorry... delayed response, but yes! Not quite as many as you, but we had 4 macs until a couple of months ago (sold old blue/white G3 on ebay). Now were left with my G4, my DH's Intel iMac and my new MacBook. Looking to get a refurbished iMac for the kids. Geeks too as we are fully wireless with computers and music. A man and his toys ... my DH's toys are luckily electronics instead of tools ... something I can far more relate to.

Tanya

I just have my G4 notebook... I wrote a letter to HO pointing out that they are the ones that say they want a level playing field when it comes to technology but that they aren't really creating one by only have a PC compatible software program. If they are unwilling to keep this level, why should they be so insistent about other things... such as websites, advertising etc... Technology is technology.

Yea Jen!!!

I'm a mac user myself these days, I sent in a request to HO also. Lets keep those requests rolling in and we just may get our version!!

siderits said:
Geeks too as we are fully wireless with computers and music. A man and his toys ... my DH's toys are luckily electronics instead of tools ... something I can far more relate to.

Tanya, I think you and your DH are twins of me and mine. We are also wireless (love that Airport card!). I swear that Weird Al's new song "White and Nerdy" was written about us. :D

Of course, my DH has tools, too. He's got 3 classic cars: a 1977 Lincoln Sedan, a 1970 Mercury Marquis convertible and a 1966 Lincoln 4-door convertible.

Related to Troubleshooting PP Compatibility with Macs: Insights and Solutions | tia

What are the system requirements for using Pampered Chef on a Mac?

The minimum system requirements for using Pampered Chef on a Mac are OS X 10.9 or higher and Safari 9 or higher. It is also recommended to have at least 4GB of RAM and 250GB of available hard drive space.

Why am I having trouble accessing certain features on Pampered Chef using my Mac?

This could be due to compatibility issues between the version of Mac OS you are using and the version of Safari. Make sure you have the latest updates for both your operating system and browser. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

Can I use Pampered Chef on a Macbook?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef on a Macbook as long as it meets the minimum system requirements. However, it is recommended to use a desktop computer for optimal performance.

How do I troubleshoot issues with Pampered Chef on my Mac?

If you are experiencing issues with Pampered Chef on your Mac, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, updating your operating system and browser, and making sure you have a stable internet connection. You can also contact Pampered Chef's customer support for further assistance.

Can I access my Pampered Chef account from any Mac computer?

Yes, you can access your Pampered Chef account from any Mac computer as long as it meets the minimum system requirements and you have a stable internet connection. You can also log in from any browser, such as Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• northern_sunshine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • tlennhoff
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Grey
  • jcsmilez