• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My New Love, My Bento (For Mac Users)

In summary, Keith found Bento to be a simple and easy to use program that helps him to organize his contacts. The online community and customer support forums have been amazing in helping him to understand the program better and get through and hurdles.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Hey all!

I just wanted to share my enthusiasm and excitement about a program called Bento. In the year that I have been a PC consultant I have struggled to figure out how to organized my contacts from booths/fairs, parties, online orders, etc. My house has been a mess with drawing slips in nearly every room (eeek!). Then came Bento...

It is a simple user friendly database program that advertises itself as "as easy to use as a Mac." It is compatible with OS 10 Leopard and is a variant of the popular Filemaker Pro for PC's and Macs. ( Pampered Partner has a decent customer contact program but I found it a pain to have to load through Parallels or Bootcamp and Bento turns out to be more customizable. :)

I have now been able to enter contacts in seconds in my own customized fields which I can then search for based on wish list items, ie. the mandoline/food chopper for June bookings, last contact, best time to contact, etc.
The online community and customer support forums has been amazing in helping me understand the program better and get through and hurdles. Plus, it connects with my Apple mail and Calendar for date reminders and to send email to contacts.

If you have any questions, I'd love to share how I set it up to work for my PC business.
I'm loving it, and for the first time I feel organized and like I am gaining control of my business. :D

If you are a Mac user and looking for a way to organize your contacts check out the demo and free trial at www.bentotrial.com/, then the full program is only $49.

Note: If you are not a Mac user, I know there are other similar programs like the more robust Filemaker Pro series or Act! By Sage that I have heard great things about. Seriously! I wish I had found this months ago!

So, I downloaded it and kinda found it to be a pain. I don't like that for my personal contacts, it won't automatically import their picture from Address Book.

Maybe I just don't know how useful it could be yet....

Keith,I haven't done much with pictures in it yet. If you post your question on the message boards some savvy folks will respond rather quickly with some way or another to work around your issue. Bento Forums - Bento Forumslove wOOt! by the way. :)

Related to My New Love, My Bento (For Mac Users)

1. What is "My New Love, My Bento" and how does it work?

"My New Love, My Bento" is a digital recipe organizer and meal planning tool designed specifically for Mac users. It allows you to easily create and organize recipes, plan meals, and generate shopping lists all in one convenient location. With its user-friendly interface and customizable features, it makes meal planning and cooking a breeze.

2. Is "My New Love, My Bento" compatible with all Mac devices?

Yes, "My New Love, My Bento" is compatible with all Mac devices including Macbook, iMac, and Mac Pro. It can also be accessed on your iPhone or iPad through the Bento Touch app.

3. Can I import my existing recipes into "My New Love, My Bento"?

Yes, you can easily import your existing recipes from various sources such as websites, blogs, or handwritten notes into "My New Love, My Bento". This feature saves you time and effort in manually entering each recipe and ensures all your recipes are stored in one place.

4. Can I share my recipes with others using "My New Love, My Bento"?

Yes, you can easily share your recipes with friends and family through email or by exporting them as a PDF. You can also print out your recipes to create a physical recipe book.

5. Does "My New Love, My Bento" have a meal planning feature?

Yes, "My New Love, My Bento" has a built-in meal planning feature that allows you to plan your meals for the week or month. You can also create shopping lists based on your meal plan, making grocery shopping more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • jcsmilez
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
  • emmabelle47