• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is better for running Windows on a Mac: Boot Camp or Parallels?

In summary, Boot Camp is better because you don't have to reboot, but Parallels is better because it's not free.
chefann
Gold Member
Hey, all!

I just got a new computer (yay, DH!), and I'm transferring all my data to it. It's an Intel-based Mac Book, so it will be able to run both Boot Camp and Parallels and I can finally dump the Windows machine.

Those of you who have used Boot Camp or Parallels (or preferably, both), which do you prefer and why?

Boot Camp: This is what DH uses for some games. Pro- it's free. Con- have to reboot to start up Windows. I don't want to have to wait for the computer to reboot AND start up P3 when a customer calls.

Parallels: I haven't used this one. Pro- don't have to reboot. Con- it's not free.

Your opinions? And thanks!

I'm not a Mac user but I'm a Mac wannabe so I'll chime in here.I think Parallels is worth it, simply for the "not having to boot up" issue. I'm not super-active with my PC business, but it NEVER fails that I'm on the phone with someone, waiting for P3 to load. Having to reboot would be a deal-breaker for me.And it would seem to my "I don't know nothing about taxes" brain that if you're buying Parallels for business purposes you could deduct it. Ask someone who knows stuff though.

Anyone? Bueller?You can't tell me that there aren't any Cheffers with opinions....

Wish I could help ya Ann... I'm not a MAC gal. Now my inlaws on the other hand are MAC nuts! It's all they have in their home and Both of their colledge age kids have Ibooks (I think it's what they are called???).

etteluap70PC said:
Wish I could help ya Ann... I'm not a MAC gal. Now my inlaws on the other hand are MAC nuts! It's all they have in their home and Both of their colledge age kids have Ibooks (I think it's what they are called???).
The notebooks from a few years ago a iBooks. Then they were renamed to Mac Book and Mac Book Pro (formerly Powerbook).

Our nerdly inventory:
my Mac Book (the newest member of our Mac stable)
DH's Mac Book Pro
DH's Intel iMac
my G4 iMac
DH's G3 Powerbook ("Pismo" codename, this one's the garage computer)
my G4 PowerMac (desktop, currently on "loan" to my in-laws)
my PowerMac 7300 (1997 model - the first Mac I bought)
2 G3 iMacs (the first model, Bondi blue, a gift from a friend who was upgrading)

See .... shows what I know!

I know they have 2 or 3 that are less than 2 years old.

we have an old Imac too. My DD uses it. It was a hand-me-down. It's quite flakey though. Of course it never acts up when my BIL (mac expert) is here!

Related to Which is better for running Windows on a Mac: Boot Camp or Parallels?

1. How do I transfer files between Mac devices?

To transfer files between Mac devices, you can use AirDrop, which allows you to easily share files wirelessly between devices. Simply turn on AirDrop on both devices, select the file you want to transfer, and choose the device you want to send it to.

2. Can I run Windows programs on my Mac?

Yes, you can run Windows programs on your Mac using software such as Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp. These programs allow you to install and run Windows on your Mac alongside macOS.

3. How do I take a screenshot on my Mac?

To take a screenshot on a Mac, press Command + Shift + 3 to capture the entire screen, or Command + Shift + 4 to capture a specific area. The screenshot will be saved as a PNG file on your desktop.

4. How do I uninstall an application on my Mac?

To uninstall an application on a Mac, simply drag the application from the Applications folder to the Trash. You can also use third-party uninstaller apps to completely remove all associated files.

5. How do I reset my Mac to factory settings?

To reset your Mac to factory settings, go to the Apple menu, select Restart, and hold down Command + R while the computer restarts. This will boot your Mac into Recovery Mode, where you can choose to erase and reinstall macOS.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emmabelle47
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
finley1991
  • chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies