• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improve Your Online Sales with These PP and Personal Website Wish List Ideas

In summary, the conversation includes a wishlist of items for both the personal website and PP, a suggestion to email HO about good ideas, a request for easier website usage and more orders, and a call for customers to share their thoughts and ideas. Specific suggestions include importing contacts from outlook into PP, copy and paste credit card information in PP, a mac/unix version of PP, and the ability to print labels for guests from the Show in PP. There is also a request for a way to select contacts for guests on the personal website, import orders from the website into PP, and copy a guest list from a previous show to a new one. The conversation also mentions difficulties with typing in credit card information and a desire for a MAC version
tlennhoff
I sent this wishlist of items for both the personal website and PP. Anyone that thinks any of these are good ideas might want to email HO also. I've also been asking my customers that complain about the website to email HO with their exact complaint. While I love having the website if it were easier to use I think we'd all see more orders and I figure the more people that HO hears from the more likely they are to make changes. If people have other ideas/thoughts please share them here so I we can add those to our HO "wish lists" emails. I've heard nothing back from HO other than "recieved" on this:

Import contacts from outlook into PP - it seems silly to have me figure out 100 people I could ask to host a show and then have me have to enter their info by hand

Copy & paste credit card information in PP so I'd make less mistakes/typos

PP would have a mac/unix version

PP I would love to be able to print labels for guests from the Show in PP

Personal Website - let me select from contacts for guests - do a search just like in PP as it is likely that someone that ordered before might become a host for a future show or a guest at another show

Export Personal Website orders & import them into PP so that less mistakes would be made

Personal Website export of contact list and import that list into PP

Copy & paste credit card information in PP so I'd make less mistakes/typos
Why would you need to copy & paste cc info??

When people order from a show off of the website they use credit card numbers. Those numbers currently have to be typed into PP. I make frequent mistakes when retyping things and would like to be able to copy & paste the information about their order from the website into PP so I can be sure I got the number right.

A way to import the guest list from a previous show so that we don't have to retype them all. (On the website)

I had a host do a follow-up show and she asked me to send the invitations to the list she had given me for the first show. I couldn't find a way to move the list to the new show so I had to print it off and type it in. Not a good use of my time if it could be fixed.

I know... I could have just changed the information on the first show to the new date but I wanted to keep them both on there. Why? That's how I am. lol

BethCooks4U said:
A way to import the guest list from a previous show so that we don't have to retype them all. (On the website)

I had a host do a follow-up show and she asked me to send the invitations to the list she had given me for the first show. I couldn't find a way to move the list to the new show so I had to print it off and type it in. Not a good use of my time if it could be fixed.

I know... I could have just changed the information on the first show to the new date but I wanted to keep them both on there. Why? That's how I am. lol

I totally agree with this. I'm like that too. I'd want to keep track of the shows seperately for myself also. And I can't figure out what good it does to "add to customer list" if I can't select the customers when setting up a new show. The ability to copy a show or as you suggest import an old show into a new one would be great.

I agree about copying and pasting CC info. In my customer base I often have repeat orders, and I have to look up their info from the last show they ordered on, then write it down, then type it back into the new payment form! I really wish I could copy and paste that way!

I've always been able to copy credit card numbers. Just highlight the number and then right click inside the highlighting. Click copy and then paste it into the box on PP. At least that's the way I've always done it.

I don;t know if your PP is different from ours (Canada), but I can copy and paste CC#'s on mine, and also, I can print labels as well.

That would be great if they made a MAC version of PP, I have a consultant on my team that does everything by hand because she has a MAC and the programme isn;t compatible.

I always do CTRL+C to copy, so that is probably why it doesn't work for me! Thanks for the tip guys!!

You should be able to do labels...go to print, generate PP reports, then contact mailing labels. You can put a check mark next to the ones you want, and select the label size. Works with Avery labels.

I can copy & paste CCs, too.

lacychef said:
You should be able to do labels...go to print, generate PP reports, then contact mailing labels. You can put a check mark next to the ones you want, and select the label size. Works with Avery labels.
Problem is if you have a lot of customers (and after 4 years and 350+ shows you get a lot) you would have to go through all of the names to pick out the ones you want for the party.

It would be nice to be able to say labels for guests at show #___. I'm not at my home computer but I don't think that's an option we have right now.

That is so weird because I've never been able to get paste to work. I'll have to play with it more.

Hmm, it seems that right-clicking in the CC field gives the option to paste. I figured if ctrl-v did not work then no way worked since that is usually the windows default. Now if I'd only known that 12 orders ago.

Another thing that I should have had on my wishlist: Better help documentation that explained HOW to use the software not just what the fields mean.

BethCooks4U said:
Problem is if you have a lot of customers (and after 4 years and 350+ shows you get a lot) you would have to go through all of the names to pick out the ones you want for the party.

It would be nice to be able to say labels for guests at show #___. I'm not at my home computer but I don't think that's an option we have right now.

Good point; I wasn't thinking of that! It is a pain to have to go through all those names...I've been at it for over 4 years too. It still beats handwriting invitations or something if you're sending out a bunch!

BethCooks4U said:

No, it's not an option and that would be wonderful. . .we're in that same boat!

Thanks for the copy tip! I too am a CRTL-C, CTRL-V gal and was bummed when that didn't work. Thought it was a "safety"...

Veevahchef said:
That would be great if they made a MAC version of PP, I have a consultant on my team that does everything by hand because she has a MAC and the programme isn't compatible.

There used to be a version of PP for Mac, but, alas, it was discontinued before I joined (I'm a Mac user myself). Luckily, the new Intel-based Macs can run Windows by using a utility known as Boot Camp. So the next time I upgrade, that's the route I'm taking. In the meantime, I use a PC I picked up during back-to-school sales for a song (and it was deductable).

It's unlikely that HO will add a Mac version at this time. The market share just isn't there, even though it's going up slowly. But if it's something you feel strongly about, by all means send a note to HO. Maybe yours will be the one that finally tips the scales to adding that version!

Ann

I do the copy and paste all of the time but it is a hassle to keep going back and forth between screens. It would be so much easier if you could just look up the contact and the click a button while in your show and not have to go back and forth to copy and paste. I tried to do that the other day with a direct shipping order and had to copy and paste each line in between the screen - a pain!

Life is so much easier now that I can copy and paste CC's!! It cut about 10 mins off my show entering time!!

Another thing I would like to be able to do is to e-mail my customers exactly what I want sent to them, to totally create my own e-mail. And would also like to know what e-mails did not go through correctly, so I could fix the address problem.

I would like to be able to customize my host emails more. That block with the site info is smack in the middle.

I hate that! It doesn't sound like me either so they know that I wrote the beginning and the end and then there is a weird paragraph in the middle that says something totally different than I want to say! Sometimes that paragraph just doesn't apply!

Maybe we can already do this, but I'd like to have form emails that coordinate with host coaching calls, able to send from the website. That way, I can make the phone call, send the post card, click to send the email for each of the three host coaching calls.

What I was told at conference by HO Tech for PP & Web siteHi all,
I asked point blank at one of the meetings we had, why I couldn't go in and pick guest X from my contacts and enter them for Susie Hostesses show and then go and pick guest X again for Johnie Hosts show, they said that right now, when we give Hosts the password, they then would have acess to that info if we could do click on someone in contact list.

It's more an issue of security from what I was told.

I wasn't happy, but I don't want my guests or hosts info out there where anyone can get them either.

HTH,

Lisa

There has to be a way for them to give the consultants access to that without giving the host that information. It would be a bit more work for them but good databases allow multiple levels of security.

I suggested to HO to put counters on the personal websites so I could actually see IF I am getting any "hits" on it. I would like to know if I am wasting my money on keeping my website. It seems no matter how much I coach my hosts to use e-invites they are afraid (or something) to utilize this option. I must be in a loop of people that are not computer saavy. A cousin of mine hosted a catalog show for me and I explained how she could e-invite everyone she knows an invitation. She never utilized it and said that she didn't know very many people with computers. However, when she forwards me jokes, etc she doesn't BCC the names and she has a slew of people that she communicates online. Her show was a non-show...just wondering why people commit to hosting a show only to not put any effort into it?

Back to subject....Please contact HO to suggest putting some kind of "counter" on websites.

Valky

I"m laughing harder at your remark than the kitchen guys posts :) But I know I need to get to bed soon!

DZmom said:
I've always been able to copy credit card numbers. Just highlight the number and then right click inside the highlighting. Click copy and then paste it into the box on PP. At least that's the way I've always done it.
That's the only way it can be done - it's like they have <Ctrl> C locked out.

I wish they'd set up the customer database like Autofill in a web site. Type the first letters of a customer's name and have the field autofill - and automatically apply the address info and payment history. (Hint: with CC numbers.)

Also - I would like the ability to export my customer data to a comma deliniated file so I could use the data elsewhere.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Also - I would like the ability to export my customer data to a comma deliniated file so I could use the data elsewhere.
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chefann said:
There used to be a version of PP for Mac, but, alas, it was discontinued before I joined (I'm a Mac user myself). Luckily, the new Intel-based Macs can run Windows by using a utility known as Boot Camp. So the next time I upgrade, that's the route I'm taking. In the meantime, I use a PC I picked up during back-to-school sales for a song (and it was deductable).

It's unlikely that HO will add a Mac version at this time. The market share just isn't there, even though it's going up slowly. But if it's something you feel strongly about, by all means send a note to HO. Maybe yours will be the one that finally tips the scales to adding that version!

Ann

I wish they would just post the information on the website somewhere so people who only had Macs would know before they signed up.

I have an Intel Mac, but I am not going to spend $200 on the Windows program just to run PP.

I used my FIL's computer, which worked out fine, except that now my information is on his computer and if I want to access it, I have to go to his house (30 min away).

They really should just have an Internet based program so we can all order online.

Rachel,

Does your FIL have a Windows install disk you could use within Boot Camp? I know it's not completely legal, but it would save you the $200.

Which machine do you have? My DH has an Intel iMac (not sure if it's a 17" or a 20"). Mine is a G4 iMac (the one that looks like half a cantaloupe with a screen on top). Oh, and DH just picked up a refurbished Powerbook G4 so he can update his sites (michiganlcoc.org and thelincolnforum.net) while he's on the couch watching TV, AKA multi-tasking. I can't wait to upgrade mine to an Intel-based model and ditch my Windows machine.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I just tested doing an outlook export from PP and it created a csv file which you can use eleswhere. I was able to open the file in Excel. It has headers and everything.

Last edited:
tlennhoff said:
PP would have a mac/unix version

Ughhh!!! I'm heart broken I get my mac tomorrow :(

yummy4tummy said:
Back to subject....Please contact HO to suggest putting some kind of "counter" on websites.

Valky

This is something that they can't do. I don't remember the reason why, but i remember that it was a no go.

That is so weird. I wonder what the reason is.

I put in my request for a mac version, hope all the other mac users do as well.

This is something that they can't do. I don't remember the reason why, but i remember that it was a no go

Maybe it's something that HO can shoot for?

I remember hearing about the counters last year at one of my cluster meetings. There was some technical reason why the couldn't add counters for us.

However i really would like to see that feature

chefann said:
Rachel,

Does your FIL have a Windows install disk you could use within Boot Camp? I know it's not completely legal, but it would save you the $200.

Which machine do you have? My DH has an Intel iMac (not sure if it's a 17" or a 20"). Mine is a G4 iMac (the one that looks like half a cantaloupe with a screen on top). Oh, and DH just picked up a refurbished Powerbook G4 so he can update his sites (michiganlcoc.org and thelincolnforum.net) while he's on the couch watching TV, AKA multi-tasking. I can't wait to upgrade mine to an Intel-based model and ditch my Windows machine.

I don't think he has the install disks and if he did, I am not sure he would be comfortable with doing that.

I have the 20" flat screen iMac. I absolutely LOVE it, but I am still bummed about PC.

FIL may get a new computer soon, so he can give us his old PC. That will be nice, but it's still a PITA right now to submit shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wcsis
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • DebPC