• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theDouble Burner Griddle Question

something like hamburgers, you might notice a difference. But for most things, it's pretty even-heating.
NMmommy
I had a guest ask me today if the griddle will slide around on her flat top stove. She said she has a griddle that is not PC and it slides all over the place. I could not answer her question because I have gas stove. Anyone have an answer for me? TIA! :D

I have a flat top and I don't have a problem with mine sliding around. I LOVE IT! The DBG is a substantial piece of cookware (in weight and in quality) Maybe the one she has is a lighter weight piece?

Love it on mine
To help encourage her to purchase it suggest she use it for more than pancakes
bacon, sausage or burgers (pour spout)
fajitas
grilled cheese or hot ham and cheese
quesadillas
I've even used it to brown alot of chicken breasts at one time

After you tell her what you have heard here on the board, remind her that even if she doesn't like it, she can return it to PC! If it is within 30 days of when the show ships, PC will even pay to return it. She can get an exchange, or her $ back. Whenever someone is "on the fence" about a particular product, I always remind them of this! (Even if it is past the 30 days, but less than one year, THEY can pay to ship it back and get an exchange or refund...most department stores only give you 30-90 days to get your money back!!)

I never had a problem wit hit sliding aruond when I had a flat-top stove.

I have the DBG and love it and so does my DH. We use it a lot to make pancakes and it has never slid on the top of the stove, I also have a glass top stove.

Thanks guys. She did buy the small skillet. I will follow up with here when I get back from vacation. I always make sure I stress the lifetime warranty on this stuff. They all love that!

I have a flat top stove and my DBG (I have the professional not the Executive if I remember right - now I need to check - LOL!) has never slid either. My cheap (non-PC) square griddles spin on me but never the double-griddle.

Another question about the DBG - I don't have one - but I am often asked by customers if it heats evenly? Are there hot/cold spots on it where some burns and other is still raw? Especially with a gas stove where you have burners with different BTU's? Like on my gas stove, I don't have two burners together with the same BTU"S.....

It heats fairly evenly, but sometimes you do need to play with the burner settings. I don't have two burners of the same size next to eachother on my cooktop (electric) and I find that I have to set the smaller one to a higher setting (which isn't helped by the fact that I have buttons instead of dials on my cooktop and only have 5 settings per burner).

Like Ann, I find I need to play with the burners to get it to heat evenly. I have a gas stove and none of my burners are the same BTUs!

But now I know when I put the front on 4 and the back on 6, I'm good to go. :)

Does it heat as well in the middle as it does over the top of the burners?

We have to play with ours as well on our gas stove. It heats evenly, but it can get hot FAST! DH burnt his eggs today.

ChefBeckyD said:
In comparison to other cookware, our professional and executive heats pretty evenly, even on a gas cooktop like I have. However, it isn't PERFECT, so there are spots on the edges that are not as hot as the center.

When I am cooking something like hambugers I notice, but it is NOTHING like the heat difference on cheap imitations! If I am making fried potatoes or something like that where you are stiring every once in a while anyhow, I never even notice that slight temp variance.

HTH

Ok....I've been sitting on the fence about purchasing this for myself, but you guys have sold me!! :p Guess what I'll be buying during kit enhancement month! LOLOLOLOL

ChefBeckyD said:
The middle of the middle is fine, but there are a couple of little areas near the edge that are cooler than the rest. (The "hot spot" is sort of figure-eight shaped - does that make sense?) But it's not really bad. If you're making grilled cheese, you can just rotate them around so no one sandwich is on the cool spot the whole time. Same with pancakes.

You will love it! We got ours in Jan before I signed up with PC. We use it a lot! Well DH uses it a lot. I am not allowed to touch it. I am thinking about getting the grill pan now.

My brother bought one about a year ago and now he tells me that it is cool in the middle. He wasn't really complaining, just letting me know. He has a smooth top electric stove. Anyone else have this problem?

chefann said:
The middle of the middle is fine, but there are a couple of little areas near the edge that are cooler than the rest. (The "hot spot" is sort of figure-eight shaped - does that make sense?) But it's not really bad. If you're making grilled cheese, you can just rotate them around so no one sandwich is on the cool spot the whole time. Same with pancakes.

I have an electric griddle (purchased at Kohl's for @ $39) that also works the same way. I sometimes have to switch my sandwiches around to get them browned a little better. I also notice that some bacon will cook better in one spot than others, and that is with the burner attached to the bottom of the whole griddle, so I guess it would cook better on the DBG because the material would distribute the heat throughout the whole burner better than my cheap griddle.

What is the Double Burner Griddle?

The Double Burner Griddle is a versatile cooking tool that features a large flat surface with a non-stick coating. It is specifically designed to fit over two burners on a stovetop, allowing for even heat distribution and the ability to cook multiple items at once.

Is the Double Burner Griddle compatible with all stovetops?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is compatible with most stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is always best to refer to the product manual or contact our customer service team for further information on compatibility.

How do I clean the Double Burner Griddle?

The Double Burner Griddle is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, if you prefer to hand wash, simply use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners on the non-stick surface to prevent damage.

Can I use metal utensils on the Double Burner Griddle?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the Double Burner Griddle as they can scratch the non-stick surface. We recommend using silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to prolong the life of your griddle.

What is the warranty on the Double Burner Griddle?

The Double Burner Griddle comes with a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. If you encounter any issues with your griddle, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • babywings76