• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lt Guarantee on Exec Cookware Question

In summary, my mom is unhappy with every non-stick surface she has ever used and would like to test out the griddle. She is concerned about scratching and peeling. PC recommends using nylon utensils, but she wants assurance that if she experiences any problems with the griddle that they will honor the lifetime guarantee. My question is this: will PC honor the guarantee if she has used non-nylon utensils (as is recommended in the use and care card.)?
bridgetbakes
I have a catalog host whose mom is interested in the Exec Double Burner Griddle. Her concern is that every non-stick product she has used in the past has had peeling and scratching. She likes to use griddles to cook meat and says that though she knows that nylon utensils are best on non-stick surfaces, that she needs to use sharp tools (read: not nylon) to check thick cuts of meat.

She wants assurance that PC will honor the Lifetime guarantee if she runs into scratching/peeling with the griddle. My question is this: will PC honor the guarantee if she has used non-nylon utensils (as is recommended in the use and care card.)??

Why not suggest the digital thermometer so she can check the meat? She is losing juice anyways but repeatedly cutting her food. just my 2 cents.

At our last cluster meeting we had a guest advance director and when she was doing her demo she had stated that her grandma has the executive line and uses knifes and the warranty still holds. The cookware will scratch but will not flake off. (so we do not guaranty that it will not scratch, just that it will not flake off) The non stick is baked on 3 times. Oil or fatty substance’s like butter will not get under the scratches and flake off like Teflon pans do.

Hope this helps

Sell her one of our fabulous cutting boards and tell her to transfer the meat to the board to check for doneness, then return to the griddle!

My loving husband also slices right through meat on my executive cookware and leave little scratches in the pan, but it doesn't flake. I love the idea of the dig. thermometer though!!

Thanks!Thanks everyone for the input! It helps a lot.
Don't know what I would do without this board!

I love the guarantee!

hmmm lifetime garuntee.....OK so I'm really ticked off....
I was doing a demo at an outdoor show last night. I hadn't even started yet when my sm. exec saucepan fell off my table onto the grass (absolutely no rocks arround) and the rim of the pan hit the edge of the cover and now the rim has a huge gouge in it! I was so embaressed to try to demo it and hide the gouge. Titanium reinforced? hmmmm
Here is the kicker. PC said they will not replace it cause it was not due to normal use.... I replied and said it is normal use as a consultant! Am I supposed to keep this stuff in bubble wrap unless I have it on my cook top?

I can not express how dissapointed I am!

Here is their exact response
"In reviewing your particular situation and based on the information you provided in your initial e-mail, it appears that your product was not damaged under normal conditions when used according to the printed instructions. As indicated on the back of your sales receipt, a replacement, exchange or refund is not offered in cases where the item is misused or damaged contrary to the printed instructions. Understandably, we have to set standards to our guidelines, and therefore the guarantee is voided and your item is ineligible for replacement."

Maybe call HO and ask for a supervisor! If you accidently dropped it in your kitchen with a tile floor you would get the same results wouldn't you?? Stand up to whoever and say "How am I supposed to sell this and rave about the guarantee if you won't even replace it when it was legitimatly damaged!?" See what happens! It can't be worse than "no".

I will continue to persue (sp?) it.

Just wanted you all to know they are getting pickier about the warranty.

etteluap70PC said:
I will continue to persue (sp?) it.

Just wanted you all to know they are getting pickier about the warranty.

That really stinks!!! I would definately call and keep talking to someone until you get the resolve you want.

Any word yet?

not yet, I sent all the info to my director to get her input. I am waiting till after the holiday to pursue it further.

I broke my egg slicer plus slicing olives for the Antipasto Vegetable Pizza. I called and they said I would have to send the broken one in. Well, I thought about that and decided it was actually cheaper for me to just order the replacement part than it was to mess around packaging up the broken one and mailing it. I emailed HO and I told them exactly that - I also said that it was broken during a demo while being used according to their instructions preparing one of their recipes. I received a new egg slicer plus in the mail about a week later!

My Director even said to me, keep calling til you get the person who gives you the answer you want to hear!

I think they need to cut their consultants a little more slack on replacing items when the items are damaged during a show. Someone's child broke one of my Director's HWC cups at a show and HO didn't want to help her out in any way on getting it replaced. She kept calling til she found someone who would replace it!

Don't give up!

loreedfk said:
My Director even said to me, keep calling til you get the person who gives you the answer you want to hear!

I think they need to cut their consultants a little more slack on replacing items when the items are damaged during a show. Someone's child broke one of my Director's HWC cups at a show and HO didn't want to help her out in any way on getting it replaced. She kept calling til she found someone who would replace it!

Don't give up!

My director was telling me that there is a lot of training going on at HO and to definately call back.

Definately call back, all though you could keep using the pan and show that even though you did drop the pan it still works wonderfully!!

also on the HO thing, I had an adjustment today and had to call and OMG I got a really old woman and it took 15 minutes just to do an exchange because I had to spell everything out for her...I told her the show # and she said the wrong one, I corrected her, she says another wrong #...it was sooooo aggrivating!!

Andrea, I do all my adjustments online to save my sanity and not have to talk to anyone at HO!

I have a few issues with the exec cookware too- I love it, and love having the nonstick for easier cleaning on the outside.

I am very careful with it- But the outside has gotten scratched up just from being set/moved on the stove grates- they are not nylon, obviously. This is not an issue for everyday cooking, but as a consultant, it is hard to brag about the great sturdy nonstick coating when they see the scratched up outsides of my pan (Not too crazy yet, but in just a month there are a few on each)... I'm not sure that trying to exchange them would do any good- I think it would just keep happening...sigh... Maybe I should wait until some get really ugly then send them in? I think sometimes with new products. they should send them to a bunch of consultants (maybe 5 or 10%) so they can get a bit more feedback and work the bugs out!

gilliandanielle said:
Andrea, I do all my adjustments online to save my sanity and not have to talk to anyone at HO!

I normally do too, but this was a past host who ordered the wrong host special and wanted to exchange it for another host special...there is no way that I know of to do that online since it doesn't list the host specials...

soonerchef said:
I normally do too, but this was a past host who ordered the wrong host special and wanted to exchange it for another host special...there is no way that I know of to do that online since it doesn't list the host specials...

When I have a problem that doesn't fit the online adjustment choices, I just send an email. They've been very prompt in replying and generally provide satisfaction.

Ann F said:
When I have a problem that doesn't fit the online adjustment choices, I just send an email. They've been very prompt in replying and generally provide satisfaction.

Me too. I try to do everything online. I hate waiting on hold!

getting pan replacedHi all, just letting you know I finally got thru to someone in management and they are sending me a new pan! Thank goodness! This whole experience has me very bummed out. I believe sooooo much in PC. To have to go thru this much hassel was a real pain!

What a pain, but I am so glad it worked out!!

QuestionHi... I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant yet, but I'm going to be signing this month. (I'm way excited!) My question is regarding the LT guarantee as well. Is the LTG for the entire lifetime that you own it, or 20 years or something, which is considered a lifetime for a pan? If someone could let me know, that's be great!

PS--I had been contemplating whether or not to sign up, and then I found this site. It's terrific! Everyone is so terrific, supportive, and so creative! It's the reason I made the decision to join all you wonderful people in being a consultant. (This is my first post.) :)

supergirljennie said:
Hi... I'm not a Pampered Chef consultant yet, but I'm going to be signing this month. (I'm way excited!) My question is regarding the LT guarantee as well. Is the LTG for the entire lifetime that you own it, or 20 years or something, which is considered a lifetime for a pan? If someone could let me know, that's be great!

PS--I had been contemplating whether or not to sign up, and then I found this site. It's terrific! Everyone is so terrific, supportive, and so creative! It's the reason I made the decision to join all you wonderful people in being a consultant. (This is my first post.) :)
Welcome to the site! Your recruiter is lucky to have such an enthusiastic team member!

The LTG is for as long as the purchaser owns the item with restrictions as drawn out in the use and care cards.

Thanks for the welcome, and the response. Has PC ever had an item with a LTG that they discontinued? What would be the case if they discontinue the Executive line and a pan needs to be replaced? Do you get bumped up to a better, newer line? Thanks again. :)

They usually have extras around after something is discontinued but I would think the Executive Cookware will be around for a while since it was just introduced. I do think they would replace with newer and better if they discontinued a lifetime guaranteed item. It's a great company!

I have had them replace things that have been discontinued for a long time, so I think they keep a good stock of products for replacements.

I had someone who had the knives replaced that were 15 years old and she said these "looked like a newer version". So, I was happy to hear that.

I did a Hispanic show for my babysitter last summer. I sold 3 Gen II square griddles, one to the host, two to guests. I saw her pan in the stovetop a couple of weeks ago and it was HORRIBLE! I spoke with her about it, and by the time I was back to pick up my kids, she had collected the other two from her friends and presented me with 3 TERRIBLY damaged square griddles from making tortillas.

Well, I loaned her my brand new Exec Double Burner Griddle and told her to try it out. She liked it, so she bought it at her niece's show recently. When I got back my Exec Griddle, it is all damaged on the outside, showing the burned marks from her electric stove (you know, it looks like two coils on the back of the cookware.) and it looks sort of burned on the outside edges. I want to return it since I need it to look nice to sell it, do you think this would be covered? What a piece of crap.

bklofft said:
She wants assurance that PC will honor the Lifetime guarantee if she runs into scratching/peeling with the griddle. My question is this: will PC honor the guarantee if she has used non-nylon utensils (as is recommended in the use and care card.)??

OK. This exact question came up at my show last night and I told him I would find out then let him know when he books his show. So the correct answer is, the LG will NOT be voided if he uses metal utensils on his executive cookware? I want to be definite on this because he and his mom are booking specifically to get a set of cookware.

The guarantee WILL be VOIDED if you use metal utensils. Use and Care specifically says that you should not use them. It is also voided if you place the cookware in the dishwasher.

That is true with all 3 lines of our cookware.

how do you present the lifetime guarantee to customers so there's no mistake on how to care for their products and not void the LTG?

I always make it a point to tell guests about the U&C card. I tell them to check it out not only for the use and care, but that they usually have great recipes on them and tips and tricks for their new product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• FFBearPChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef