• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Db Griddle: on Glass-Top Stove?

In summary, the current host is happy with their DB griddle, but is hesitant to buy another because of the concerns of scratching the surface. Others have had no problems with proper heating or scratching.
bridgetbakes
I have a host who REALLY wants to get the Double Burner Griddle. However she is concerned because her friends have told her that DB griddles will not work well on glass-top stoves. She was told that it will scratch the surface and that it wont heat properly.

Is there anyone using this item currently on a glass-top stove? Have you experienced any problems with scratching or proper heating?

Thanks!

I use mine all the time on my glass top cooktopthe current one I have does have a bridge heating element but I used it on my other glass cooktop as well

Umm...that's been brought up here NUMEROUS times. Nope, no problems! :)

janetupnorth said:
Umm...that's been brought up here NUMEROUS times. Nope, no problems! :)

Janet - sorry for being lazy and not searching whether it has been covered here before! :eek:

But thanks so much for letting me know that you have had not problems! :D

bridgetbakes said:
Janet - sorry for being lazy and not searching whether it has been covered here before! :eek:

But thanks so much for letting me know that you have had not problems! :D

Hey, don't apologize...just know that a lot of people seem to ask that question and a lot of people don't have any problems. :D

My MIL loves hers on the glass stove. It's just like any pan that you use on a glass top stove, you don't want to drag it across the surface.

Ok, if you have a glass top (like I do) you gotta get over the fact that it's gonna scratch - 'cuz it's gonna if you actually use it!!!!! My is scratched, is still nice, works great with anything I cook on it, and I realized that since I actually use my oven/cook top, it's gonna look like I use it!! :)

mine isn't scratched and I use it as well as my 3 teens and DH
We use all 3 sets of our cookware at different times depending on what we are cooking. I also put all my stones on it and have been known to scoot them across the top

1. How do I properly clean my DB Griddle on a glass-top stove?

Cleaning your DB Griddle on a glass-top stove is easy! Simply use a non-abrasive cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe down the surface after each use. For tougher stains, you can use a mixture of baking soda and water. Just be sure to avoid using any sharp objects or abrasive materials on the glass surface.

2. Can I use my DB Griddle on a glass-top stove with induction heating?

No, the DB Griddle is not suitable for use on induction heating stovetops. It is designed for use on traditional glass-top stoves only.

3. Do I need to season my DB Griddle before using it on a glass-top stove?

Yes, we recommend seasoning your DB Griddle before the first use. This will help prevent sticking and ensure even heat distribution. You can season it by rubbing a thin layer of cooking oil on the surface and heating it on low for about 30 minutes.

4. Can I use metal utensils on my DB Griddle on a glass-top stove?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the DB Griddle as they can scratch the glass surface. Instead, use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils to protect the glass.

5. How do I prevent my DB Griddle from sliding on my glass-top stove?

To prevent your DB Griddle from sliding on your glass-top stove, we recommend using silicone trivets or placing a damp cloth underneath the griddle. This will give it a more stable surface to sit on and prevent any movement while cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NMmommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
genburk
Replies
Views
kat29
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies