• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts: A Simple Recipe

In summary, Dave made a pizza using just one pizza crust and it was a hit with his family. He also tried it with his own pizza dough and liked it at home but easier with the 2 cans at a show.
poohritz
Gold Member
I just posted a pic of my attempt at this. it is really easy and tastes great. What i did was used mesquite cooked chicken breasts that i got at sam's. it was a time saver and helped with the flavor. i can see myself making these at my shows.

Nice Pizza & Pic.....It does look easy enough to make, maybe I'll try it at my next party....:cool:

I'm lost...Where's the picture at? Is it somewhere in files? Sorry for the dumbness...

sillylittlechef said:
I'm lost...Where's the picture at? Is it somewhere in files? Sorry for the dumbness...

Where it says photos....right next to new posts....;)

I made this last night for my family.
It was a HUGE hit!!!
I put it in the oven to cook the vegis, though.
And it looked like your's, Dave.
Isn't EASY Peasy!!!
And so yummy!!!

I'm making this for my first two cooking shows because it is easy!

Do you use FRESH pineapple, or canned? I want to make this at my March shows....but need to know if there is a difference in pineapple...I mean, I know fresh pineapple tastes SOOOOOOOO much better, but more of a pain in the butt....did you use canned or fresh? Thanks!

I've made it twice and used canned. The price difference is what made the decision for me on that.

I also used just one pizza dough and rolled it out to cover and it worked fine. Around here that stuff is $3.00 a tube and when I used 2 the first time, I threw out half of the second because you cut it to fit. That's just wasteful to me.

DebbieJ said:
I also used just one pizza dough and rolled it out to cover and it worked fine. Around here that stuff is $3.00 a tube and when I used 2 the first time, I threw out half of the second because you cut it to fit. That's just wasteful to me.

I'm with you on this one!!! I really liked the thicker crust from using two, but I can't see using two only to waste that much again. I find it strange that using two is their recipe!

Did you use the Large Bar Pan, or the round stone? I would think it would be easier on the bar pan...I HATE rolling crusts onto the round stones. Never seems to work quite right for me, but then again, maybe it's just me!!! LOL!!

I think I might try this tomorrow night...

I make my own pizza dough, and it's pretty good. Pretty plain, but isn't it all? Here's my recipe:

3 c all purpose flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Envelope yeast (2 1/4 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c warm water

mix it all together, knead it for a minute or so, let it rise about a half hour or so until doubled (I find the longer I leave it, the better it is). It makes enough for 2 pizzas, so I generally roll the pizza out on my large round stone and make the rest into breadsticks on my large bar pan (just brush it with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt). Much cheaper than Pillsbury, and I make them into mixes by mixing the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together and putting it in a quart size baggie. I make a half dozen at a time, then when I'm feeling like pizza, I just dump the baggie into my KitchenAid bowl and add olive oil and water and turn it on low for 10 minutes, then let it rise....!

I used one roll on the large bar pan. I thought that is the pan the recipe asks for?

I cooked the onion on it (not the strips) and am contemplating cooking all veggies on it next time. Glad that works for someone!

I also used only 1 pizza crust. I was at a cluster meeting and we made this using the 2 tubes and it seemed like too much dough, plus when using just one you can show off the bakers roller. i live in northern MN, so as for the pineapple I used the canned, I only had chunk so I chopped it up with the food chopper. This wasn't for a show just practice and I was thinking on how many more tools I could show. hope that helps.

I used 1 small can of pineapple...

I also tried it with my own pizza dough, liked it at home but easier with the 2 cans at a show...I like it better with the thicker crust.

With 2 cans, you can also take the excess dough off, put it in a mini bar pan and make a mini pizza with extra toppings or without some for those REALLY pick guests or kids.

Tools I used:
large bar pan
basting brush
prep bowls
new measuring cup for cheese
measure-all for BBQ sauce
cheese grater
utility knife for onions/pepper
chopper for chicken (got strips then cut them smaller)
cutting board
garlic press (talk about how fresh garlic is always better and it makes it so small when you brush it on the pizza you don't get a "chunk" of garlic that you would if you cut it up)
tool-turn-about for tools

I think I got it all there...

Oops - and you can use the can strainer or the small colander and bowl set to demo straining the pineapple...

speedychef said:

I make my own pizza dough, and it's pretty good. Pretty plain, but isn't it all? Here's my recipe:

3 c all purpose flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c warm water

mix it all together, knead it for a minute or so, let it rise about a half hour or so until doubled (I find the longer I leave it, the better it is). It makes enough for 2 pizzas, so I generally roll the pizza out on my large round stone and make the rest into breadsticks on my large bar pan (just brush it with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt). Much cheaper than Pillsbury, and I make them into mixes by mixing the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together and putting it in a quart size baggie. I make a half dozen at a time, then when I'm feeling like pizza, I just dump the baggie into my KitchenAid bowl and add olive oil and water and turn it on low for 10 minutes, then let it rise....!

I want to try this but what is the amount of salt to use???

I just made this for my meeting tonight and it easy to do! I bought 2 packages of dough and threw away 1/2 of one can!:eek: I wish I would have read this first. Oh well. I can't wait to try it tongiht!

Answer to question:
purrbal said:
I want to try this but what is the amount of salt to use???
Answer: 1 tsp Salt

Originally Posted by speedychef

3 c all purpose flour
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 c warm water

I love this recipe! Question though, did anyone else's turn out uncooked on the bottom? okay, not really raw.. but not as cooked as I would have wanted. I had the temp. right and put it in for 25, then peeked under. Added another 5 min. The host used her never-used-before lg. bar pan for that one~ did that make the difference?? I used one tube (read my posts first :)) per pan.. the host bought crushed pineapple in a can.. (don't use that!)
She had only one square cut out of my pan and I was in a rush to get out so I didn't ask what she thought of the crust.

Momma23boys said:
the host bought crushed pineapple in a can.. (don't use that!)

What was wrong with the pineapple. I've made this several times and always used the canned pineapple and it's been fine.

Not that it was canned... just being crushed! It was a pain to strain (I rhymed LOL) and then try to sprinkle evenly. Tidbits would be better.
So no undone bottoms??...ha

Related to Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts: A Simple Recipe

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts?

To make Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts, you will need 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, ¼ cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of mesquite seasoning, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of onion powder.

2. How long does it take to cook Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts?

The total cook time for Tasty Mesquite Chicken Breasts is about 25-30 minutes. This includes marinating time of 10-15 minutes and cooking time of 10-15 minutes.

3. Can I use a different type of seasoning for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any seasoning of your choice. However, the mesquite seasoning adds a smoky and savory flavor to the chicken, so it is recommended to use it for the best results.

4. Can I use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe?

While it is not recommended, you can use frozen chicken breasts for this recipe. However, make sure to thaw them completely before marinating and cooking to ensure even cooking and maximum flavor.

5. How can I tell if the chicken breasts are fully cooked?

The best way to tell if the chicken breasts are fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (74°C). You can also cut into the thickest part of the chicken to make sure it is no longer pink and the juices run clear.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies