• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Chicken in Deep Covered Baker

In summary, to season the chicken in the deep covered baker, you can use any combination of herbs, spices, and marinades before cooking. The recommended cooking time for chicken in the deep covered baker varies depending on the type of chicken. You can add vegetables to the baker with the chicken for added flavor. It is recommended to preheat the baker before adding the chicken to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking. Frozen chicken can be used, but it will take longer to cook.
sailortena
Hi all ... I am attempting for the first time to make the 30-minute chicken in the microwave in the deep covered baker.

First: do I put the chicken breast side up or down in the covered baker? Does it make a difference?

Second: has anyone ever tried cooking veggies at the same time with the chicken? Like carrots or something?

Thanks for your help.

I always do breast side up, and yes I add veggies.

If you do breast side down it is even jucier, but the skin is very soggy and you probably would want to take it off.I did it that way the first time, and since then to breast side up; we love the skin! :D

Home Office has provided a great link for this recipe!Hey there. Check out Consultant's Corner and you'll find some great info on this recipe idea. There is a link on the Main page at the bottom after you log-in. It says, "Learn about The Incredible 30-Minute Chicken Show!" This link takes you to a wonderful page with several recipe options, tips, and more. I'm so glad HO did this!! :D

Jenny

I can't seem to find this. Can you send the link? Thanks!

If you add veggies in the bottom, HO says to cook it for 45 minutes.

Yeah, did you guys get the email about this?? What a cool idea for a show! (as long as the host has a big enough microwave....)

1. How do I season the chicken in the deep covered baker?

To season the chicken in the deep covered baker, you can use any combination of herbs, spices, and marinades that you prefer. Some popular options include lemon pepper, garlic and herb, or a BBQ rub. Simply sprinkle or rub the seasoning onto the chicken before placing it in the baker.

2. How long does the chicken need to cook in the deep covered baker?

The cooking time for chicken in the deep covered baker will vary depending on the weight and thickness of the chicken. As a general rule, boneless chicken breasts will need to cook for 25-30 minutes at 375°F, while bone-in chicken will need 35-40 minutes.

3. Can I add vegetables to the deep covered baker with the chicken?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the deep covered baker with the chicken. In fact, adding vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, and onions can help to infuse more flavor into the chicken. Just make sure to cut them into similar sized pieces so they cook evenly.

4. Do I need to preheat the deep covered baker before adding the chicken?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the deep covered baker before adding the chicken. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and helps to prevent it from sticking to the baker. Preheat the baker in the oven for 10-12 minutes before adding the chicken.

5. Can I use frozen chicken in the deep covered baker?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken in the deep covered baker. However, it will take longer to cook compared to thawed chicken. It is recommended to thaw the chicken before cooking for more even and efficient cooking. If using frozen chicken, add an extra 10-15 minutes of cooking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies